Getaway CD info

Roadsofa

I just read the new posting listing the crew for the Getaway for '17. I see where the current CD will be leaving mid January. Joy is listed as taking over. Anyone have info on Joy? 2 years ago we were on the Getaway and had a phenomenal CD staff. I think JC(?) was head with Tyler Gray as assistant. Great chemistry with the passengers. They were able to get me to dress up for an 80's skit and I was basically sober; for me unheard of. Any info appreciated.

Neil

We were on the getaway last month for thanksgiving cruise. Joy was the CD. She is a very nice, outgoing person but with her accent it is a little hard to understand her. The assistant cruise director hosted a few shows that normally is the CDs job and did a very good job. We were sorry to see JC go as he was great.

Also liked Julie on the Escape.

I'm wondering if there isn't a bit of confusion here. Belinda is the current cruise director on Getaway, who is from China and will be moving to Norwegian Joy when it launches. Is there really a cruise director named Joy, or is this just referring to her moving to Joy this spring?

I just re-read the listing for 2017 staffing and I made a mistake. I misunderstood how the description was written and thought that "Joy CD" meant that a Joy was taking over. I now understand that it meant that Belinda was moving to NCL Joy mid January as CD. That now brings up the question "Does anyone know who will CD on Getaway after mid January?"

I just re-read the listing for 2017 staffing and I made a mistake. I misunderstood how the description was written and thought that "Joy CD" meant that a Joy was taking over. I now understand that it meant that Belinda was moving to NCL Joy mid January as CD. That now brings up the question "Does anyone know who will CD on Getaway after mid January?"

I would love to know this as well. And why would Belinda move on so early, when the Joy won't be ready for months? I suppose there is much to do and prepare before a ship sails, though.

I would love to know this as well. And why would Belinda move on so early, when the Joy won't be ready for months? I suppose there is much to do and prepare before a ship sails, though.

She does get some Vacation time too.

• 2 weeks later...
Ian will be returning this Sunday as CD. Belinda will be going on vacation then go to Germany to join the staff of The Joy as The Joy's CD

Are you familiar with Ian? Do you know who will be on the ship early April? Where are you getting this information?

Are you familiar with Ian? Do you know who will be on the ship early April? Where are you getting this information?

I have no idea who staffwise will be on in April. Many staff are heading for vacations and new assignments. No, I know of Ian but have not met him yet.

I was on The Getaway from the 11th of December until the 2nd of January. Got a chance to know Belinda. She was Ian's vacation replacement in training for The Joy.

• 7 months later...
I don't know but I really hope Tyler isn't the cruise director on my Nov 2017 trip. He absolutely ruined the Glow Party a few months ago with his non-stop screaming nonsense. People were walking out.

Did you find out where Tyler will be in Nov 2017? I'm cruising in Nov 2017 as well and I'll switch ships if I know he's on my cruise!

Did you find out where Tyler will be in Nov 2017? I'm cruising in Nov 2017 as well and I'll switch ships if I know he's on my cruise![/quo

Tyler just left The Escape this past Saturday for his vacation. He is currently schedule to return to The Escape in early November, I think. Staff schedules are always subject to change.

Honestly not trying to be contrary, but why do folks care who their cruise director is? Maybe we don't plan our sea days to attend events coordinated by CD staff but, when we run across them, they all seem pretty much the same on all ships. What exactly do they do other than some coordinated happy-making by the pool, greet guests back on-board, and MC free events?