Vista Havana Cabana Suite questions

tlbutler33

Hi all, We just booked the Vista 6-day for June 2018 and we are splurging for the Havana Cabana Suite. I have watched videos and been reading, but I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

1. The suite appears to have a curtain between the bedroom area and the sofa area, where the plantation type shutters are. Does this curtain close all the way across, offering any seperations??

2. I am a little unsure if I like the idea of the "balcony" being on the promenade. Any issues there. Does your outside door lock/unlock with key card? Was thinking if we walk the promenade back to the Havana pool, do we need to go inside, or can we lock the slider behind us and go that way??

Thanks. I'm sure I'll have tons more questions in the coming months.....

I do not know about the curtain, as we only had a regular Havana Cabana cabin, not a suite.

Your lanai balcony is very nice, and quiet. You can socialize with your neighbors as little or as much as you feel like doing. We only saw ours in the mornings when everyone was having coffee. Since there is a locking door at the top of the Havana cabin area, there is very little foot traffic as well.

Your sliding door will have its own separate key card plus it has a special security lock on the inside for when you are inside your room. Make sure that lock is not engaged when you want to go in and out of your sliding door. Use it for extra security for when you are in the room. It is very convenient. We went in and out of our glass door more than we used the hallway doors.

Hope this helps!

I do not know about the curtain, as we only had a regular Havana Cabana cabin, not a suite.

Your lanai balcony is very nice, and quiet. You can socialize with your neighbors as little or as much as you feel like doing. We only saw ours in the mornings when everyone was having coffee. Since there is a locking door at the top of the Havana cabin area, there is very little foot traffic as well.

Your sliding door will have its own separate key card plus it has a special security lock on the inside for when you are inside your room. Make sure that lock is not engaged when you want to go in and out of your sliding door. Use it for extra security for when you are in the room. It is very convenient. We went in and out of our glass door more than we used the hallway doors.

Hope this helps!

I am a balcony cruiser but will be on the Horizon for 24 days and booked a Havana Cabana for the duration will i be spoiled or is it just ok.

I had the Havana suite , and yes the curtain closed all the way, I was very disappointed with the room it was so small , but not sure if it was because we had my daughter with us as a third person, and the queen bed was opened the entire week taking up all the space, I really missed my regular balcony over looking the water, doubt I would do it again, the bath room was huge loved it ..

I also used the slider to go in and out all the time, but locked myself out a few times,

I am a balcony cruiser but will be on the Horizon for 24 days and booked a Havana Cabana for the duration will i be spoiled or is it just ok.

I loved the entire Havana area. It was perfect. Quiet during the day, there was always a bartender and never a line. The music at night was fun. The pools after dark weren't even that crowded. I enjoyed the lanai, never felt a lack of privacy.

There was a small breakfast buffet @ the Taste Bar in Ocean plaza that was never crowded, so we never had to fight the morning buffet crowds. We often carried our plates the 30 feet back to our lanai and ate there.

My husband wanted his balcony back because he couldn't lean over the railing. But he did enjoy the Havana pool area too. So I guess my answer is...... you'll be spoiled, but depends on why you love your balcony.