NCL Breakaway questions on Haven aft facing penthouse

GrootmoederkKr

I've read about issues with soot landing on lounge chairs. Sounds like it's taken care of by requesting covers for the chairs. Would appreciate feedback on how much of a problem it is. Also info on noise level. The layout of the room looks very inviting and the size of the balcony :hearteyes:. TIA

I am now an Aft Addict 😁. . I was super nervous about staying in one because I heard a ton of horror stories with soot, trash and cigarettes etc on balcony.... we've never had a problem (knock on wood) and we've been in the aft for about 10 cruises.

Been in aft penthouse on Breakaway and it's great. Never had problem with soot. Had breakfast on balcony three times. Balcony is huge. Also you don't get the wind on aft balcony like you do in forward. But you don't get the sun all day. The layout of the room is good. When you come in there's a little bathroom then the little dining area then living room. There's a door to balcony there. Then the separate bedroom and bathroom. Then another door to balcony. You will love it. Plenty of storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am now an Aft Addict [emoji16]. . I was super nervous about staying in one because I heard a ton of horror stories with soot, trash and cigarettes etc on balcony.... we've never had a problem (knock on wood) and we've been in the aft for about 10 cruises.

I agree with you. Two Sun aft cruises and one Jewel aft, as well as a Carnival Magic aft yielded no soot and only a piece or two of trash. The positives definately outweighed any negatives.

The only noise from the ship was hearing the thrusters when leaving port. There was hardly any sound from other pax as it was a secluded part of the ship with little foot traffic.

I love the aft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've read about issues with soot landing on lounge chairs. Sounds like it's taken care of by requesting covers for the chairs. Would appreciate feedback on how much of a problem it is. Also info on noise level. The layout of the room looks very inviting and the size of the balcony :hearteyes:. TIA

We've stayed in aft haven on breakaway twice once in room with two doors to balcony and another time with opposite layout. Loved the balcony!! The room was large enough for us and 2 children. Love having 2 bathrooms and we usually travel school vacations so its chilly but the ride back up to NY was sunny and warm as there was little wind. Even going down, you could position chairs so that the edge of balcony had sun. It is far from Haven area and we felt like we didn't get personalized service from concierge/asst. since we weren't "inside" the area but definitely worth it. We just had Garden Villa on Jade and I know nothing will ever compare to that but the 2 bedroom in Haven has such a rinky dink balcony and the room is essentially the same size minus tiny extra cabin. We just booked the 9 day during Feb break on 9th deck which has the largest deck. We did notice some noise on 12th floor from white party one night but ended by 12. You should do it, soot is not a huge problem, just bring out some towels.

We have sailed on the Breakaway in room 11308. Loved having the two doors to the balcony! Loved the balcony. We did have soot a few days and asked for extra towels to lay on the lounges. When we went we did not have the drink package. Now with the drink package being part of the deal I would not want to be aft as it is a hike from a lot of things. All aft lovers say it is not that far, but it is extra walking to get to the elevators.

I have been in the 2 bedroom suites two times now and prefer being in the Haven. When we were aft we spent little time in the Haven courtyard, but with the two bedrooms we were always in the courtyard or bar. Last cruise I had the room closest to the bar and it only took a minute to be back in the room with a drink in hand.

Also there is noise in the aft rooms. I did not realized it until we were docked in Florida. It is the sound of the engine and the wake. It is not a bad noise, but in the front of the boat I love the sound of bow crashing through the waves. So to each his own. If you have never done an aft room give it a shot.

We've had aft facing penthouse cabins on deck 12 and 9 on breakaway. Deck 9 was my preferred location, less soot and less noise from upper decks. However, the noise was only an issue on the deck 12 balcony, once the balcony door was closed the noise could not be heard in the cabin.

Enjoy, I agree that these are some of the best cabins in the fleet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was on Breakaway aft suite (H6) June 2016. I didn't notice any soot. There is some noise from engines, but it is more of a white noise and I kind of liked it. The deck is to die for. It wasn't sunny in the am, but I would lounge on Haven deck in am. In the pm deck would get full sun. The downside is you are on opposite end of the Haven. When I last cruised I said I would stay in actual Haven are, but when it came time to book this past May, the huge deck won out. Sailing H6 again 10/15/2017.

We loved our Haven Aft - Facing Suite on the Breakaway.

Yes, it is a long walk to the Haven, but we did not mind.

The huge balcony justified it.

I had plenty of exercise and my Fitbit was pleased!:D

I only gained 4 pounds on my 14 day cruise and that was great for me....since I loved my espresso martinis and great meals at the Haven restaurant and usually gain quite a bit more on my cruises.;p

Don:cool::cool:

I've sailed in Aft Penthouse (Deck 9) twice on Breakaway and agree with the other responses. It's a fantastic cabin. The balcony is enormous and I didn't have a soot problem either time. I'm sailing again in Breakaway again this December, and decided to stay in the Haven this time (H5) but you really can't go wrong with the Aft Penthouse cabin.

The only downside is it's a pretty long walk to the Haven restaurant.

We have sailed on several have aft penthouse suites and there will be some soot, but the steward will replace the covers nightly. It was never a problem

Sailed in them three times. Once GA and twice BA. No issues whatsoever except my last BA Haven cruise our steward was awful. It happens eventually you will get one that needs some counseling or assistance. With him we had to pull teeth and finally had to contact Management to get cushions put on the chairs. Other than that those suites are industry finest IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk