Breakaway March 4 2018

letsgocruisin

I just booked the BA for March 4 and have a few questions

Florida Bahamas how are the seas and weather usually in March?

I booked a balcony on deck 8 I liked the location but I am a bit worried it is closer to the front than I would like we are at the front staircase. If you look at the deck plan there is a blue line balcony side anyone one know what that is?

will it be too cool to actually enjoy the balcony?

Also I saw on this board a picture that showed from the outside the cabin numbers does anyone have that? Trying to figure out how up front we actually are.

I never traveled in March so I guess I am a bit apprehensive and thinking of changing our cabin.

Thanks for your help!

I took this same cruise last March and we had a balcony. We used our balcony all the time. In fact, one night, I was forced to sleep out on our balcony due to one of my travel companions and their snoring! 😵

Of course, your mileage may vary. As for the seas and weather, we had bright sun and 80 degrees both in Florida and the Bahamas.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I have sailed out of Florida that time of year on multiple occasions. The temperatures have ranged from a freezing mid 40's at night to mid to upper 70s. If a cold front comes through you may not be able to enjoy your balcony or the water at any of your stops. Of course like the previous poster you might enjoy very mild weather the whole week.

The sea might be smooth, or you could be in a late season Nor'easter. There is no way to tell.

As far as cabin location if you are right near the front steps you should be OK. There is a deck plan available for your ship on ncl.com, and many other sites. Just google NCL Breakaway deck plan.

I just booked the BA for March 4 and have a few questions

Florida Bahamas how are the seas and weather usually in March?

I booked a balcony on deck 8 I liked the location but I am a bit worried it is closer to the front than I would like we are at the front staircase. If you look at the deck plan there is a blue line balcony side anyone one know what that is?

will it be too cool to actually enjoy the balcony?

Also I saw on this board a picture that showed from the outside the cabin numbers does anyone have that? Trying to figure out how up front we actually are.

I never traveled in March so I guess I am a bit apprehensive and thinking of changing our cabin. Thanks for your help!

Seas from NYC can be rough from NY to Bahamas any time or year... or smooth.. but the ship handles it well. Weather is very variable in March but there is a good chance that by afternoon of the second day you can sit out.

The blue line is the slight bump out on deck 7 for the outside walkway. You will be looking down to that from your balcony and over it to the water. Look at this picture and enlarge it to see.

https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/cruise-lines/main-images/ncl-brkway.jpg

If you want view straight down to the water it's hard to come by, but the cabins further forward on Deck 8 have that. Must balconies up higher look down onto the lifeboats.

I think you will enjoy it in any event. What are you wanting in a cabin/balcony/view? We can help you.

Can offer a bit of an opinion here. Due to my employment as a teacher, I am limited to what weeks I can travel during the school year to coincide with children's holidays. We often cruise the Caribbean in March for the warmth and a way to re-energize for the final 3 months of the school year. The temperatures in the Caribbean are wonderful in the low 80's and seas are generally quite calm. Rain is usually minimal during the month of March.

That said, we usually cruise out of Florida and not the East coast. We did one cruise on the NCL Spirit out of New York in March one year. The temperature was in the low 60s when we left and seas were generally calm. Pools were empty and closed and people kept indoors on embarkation day. By the time you woke up the next morning, temperatures were in the mid-70s and the pools were filled and open, although the water in them was still chilly. By day 3, weather was nice, seas were calm, temperatures in the pools were nice as well.

On the return trip, the final sea day got cooler by the hour. Seas became rougher, about 10 foot waves. New York had been hammered by a storm for the past 48 hours and no planes had come or gone from New York. Pools were emptied that last night of the voyage. The ship was bouncing around a fair bit that last night or two. We awoke on our disembarkation day to temperatures in the low 30s and a brutal cold wind. 48 inches of snow was now on the ground where there was nothing when we departed. The airport was open again and our flight was on time. There were hundreds of people who were sleeping in the airport still awaiting flights that had been cancelled the previous two days.

Would I sail out of the East coast again in March - yes. Would I prefer to sail out of a Southern port - definitely. The islands you will hit on a 7 day cruise from the East coast are not great. The weather is nice in those ports, but much better if you get a bit further South to warmer locations.