Karaoke on Breakaway?

Ladyarli

One of my favorite things to do on a cruise is sing karaoke. Can anyone out there tell me about what is offered on the Breakaway? Where, when, how many times per week, and what type of system they use. Answers to any of these will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I remember karaoke, so looked at my most recent Dailies (early March on BA). Day 1 had Adult Karaoke Madness in Fat Cats at 11:15 pm. (And Family Karaoke there at 7 pm)

There was "Adult Karaoke Blast" in Fat Cats at 11:15 pm on Day 2.

Day 3 had Bandaoke at 7 pm by the pool and Family Karaoke in Fat Cats at 8.

Looks like there's something almost every night. :D

• 11 months later...
I remember karaoke, so looked at my most recent Dailies (early March on BA). Day 1 had Adult Karaoke Madness in Fat Cats at 11:15 pm. (And Family Karaoke there at 7 pm)

There was "Adult Karaoke Blast" in Fat Cats at 11:15 pm on Day 2.

Day 3 had Bandaoke at 7 pm by the pool and Family Karaoke in Fat Cats at 8.

Looks like there's something almost every night. :D

Fat cats is now Syd Norman's, I hear, doing mostly 60s/70s music. I am hoping they still will have karaoke there.

Fat cats is now Syd Norman's, I hear, doing mostly 60s/70s music. I am hoping they still will have karaoke there.

Its Rock Music so a range of years from 60's to 90's and there is a daily Karaoke which from memory was usually quite late 1045/11ish and unfortunately whilst I love Karaoke too I was usually on my way to bed :eek:

I don't know if they are still doing it in Syd's. When it was Fat Cats, Karaoke was held almost every evening, some early and some late, and as mentioned, some were tagged as Family to encourage kids.

They set out 2 tablets with the catalog which are networked with the playback system. Lots of songs which takes a long time to browse, which made it hard to get going at the beginning when not many requests had been queued.

The setup was awkward. The screen is behind the "stage" area, so the singer has to turn sideways to see the words yet sing to the audience. Sideways. And by stepping aside the singer usually steps out of the lighting. I wanted to talk to someone about the setup but never found anyone interested.

My daughter had a good time singing her broadway tunes though.