Laundry room on Regatta?

BillK7

Is there a laundry room on the Regatta?

Thought I saw there wasn't, but I doubt that's true.

Makes a world of difference in my clothes packing.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Bill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, it's there... midship on Deck 7. Not large!! Three or four washers and dryers and sometimes it can be difficult to get a machine. I have rarely had a problem because I choose my timing ... I'm not alone here, of course. I find that doing laundry during cocktail hour works well, others have said early in the morning is also easy. If you stay on board when the ship is in port it shouldn't be difficult. Sea days are usually impossible.

You buy tokens at Reception. I think it's $2/load. Soap is provided in the laundry room. There is also an iron and ironing board if you are so inclined.

It's opposite 7078. On our first cruise on Regatta (which was then the R2 with Renaissance) we were in that cabin and never heard any noise. One time I opened our door and found a cocktail party going on in the hallway while people waited for their laundry. Never heard a sound in our room which was RIGHT there.

This is true for all of the "R" ships -- Regatta, Insignia, Nautica and Sirena.

Also true for the "O" ships except there the laundry room is located on all passenger decks with the exception of Deck 12. Some people have said that people in Oceania Suites don't bother doing their own laundry ... not true in my case!

Mura

Glad to help, Bill. No doubt others will chime in!

There are those who don't like "wasting time" doing their own laundry and are happy to pay the ship to do it. There are sometimes bargains for that but it's hard to predict until you are on board. Although I prefer to do my own laundry, we have sometimes taken advantage of those offers and the ship does a good job. Just be sure to tell them if items need cold water wash, etc.

Mura

Glad to help, Bill. No doubt others will chime in!

There are those who don't like "wasting time" doing their own laundry and are happy to pay the ship to do it. There are sometimes bargains for that but it's hard to predict until you are on board. Although I prefer to do my own laundry, we have sometimes taken advantage of those offers and the ship does a good job. Just be sure to tell them if items need cold water wash, etc.

Mura

Some of the deals are great. 20 for 20. Sure beats doing the laundry. Mostly on the longer cruises, 12 days or longer. paying a lot of money to be on the ship and do not need my BW hanging around the washing machines or dryers for hours. She does that at home and this is her vacation also.

Is there a laundry room on the Regatta?

Thought I saw there wasn't, but I doubt that's true.

Makes a world of difference in my clothes packing.

Please let me know.

cvn_130255.jpg

I try to have a "teach a man to fish" attitude about the Deck Plans, so I will offer the information that the way to find the Laundry Room(s) on any Oceania plan is to look for the hanger icon:

b_190237.jpg

This is the way that it appears on the Insignia

20 for 20 is now $24.99.

Wow, I guess they have raised it in the 8 months since we have been on board. Still I think we will continue to pay it. Worth it. Also they do a great job. That counts for something.

Wow, I guess they have raised it in the 8 months since we have been on board. Still I think we will continue to pay it. Worth it. Also they do a great job. That counts for something.

It has been that price for a few years now

It has been that price for a few years now

You could be right. I have to go back and look at my bill. Still do not want to do laundry. Maybe our butler will do it for us. Don't think so. One of the few things that does not seem to be part of his job. He has enough to do most days.

You could be right. I have to go back and look at my bill. Still do not want to do laundry. Maybe our butler will do it for us. Don't think so. One of the few things that does not seem to be part of his job. He has enough to do most days.

The Butlers don't actually do the laundry, but if you give yours specific permission to send it out for you, (I dislike filling out those lists), it will happen.

We each travel with a lightweight, collapsible hamper (his for colors, mine for whites), and when our Butler see's one filling up, he does his thing, and the items reappear within a day or two.

Should we need something special back in time for an occasion, I'll still handle that, but our day to day items are left to the Butler.

The Butlers don't actually do the laundry, but if you give yours specific permission to send it out for you, (I dislike filling out those lists), it will happen.

We each travel with a lightweight, collapsible hamper (his for colors, mine for whites), and when our Butler see's one filling up, he does his thing, and the items reappear within a day or two.

Should we need something special back in time for an occasion, I'll still handle that, but our day to day items are left to the Butler.

We fill out the slips and have it back in a day or 2, depending what time we give it to him.

• 2 years later...

6 washers and 6 dryers. The laundry room opens at 7:30am. I don't know when it closes. 

Washing takes 20-25 minutes depending on temperature setting. Dryers run for 45 minutes.

The best time to have availability is on shore days. It's crowded on sea days.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

I was successful on our cruise on the Insignia a few summers ago on sea days. I lurked in the hallway until the official opening time, and was the first one in both days. I brought knitting and a book with me and hung out in the laundry room, though there were plenty of people who came and left.

• 1 month later...

We are first timers in a Concierge A-3 on regatta in November.  I just learned on this thread that level gets three bags of free laundry.  Thanks for the tip.  I also read on the O website that there's free pressing upon embarkation.  May I assume there's a limit of a few garments per passenger or per room?  Thanks for any info.  

47 minutes ago, marieps said:

We are first timers in a Concierge A-3 on regatta in November.  I just learned on this thread that level gets three bags of free laundry.  Thanks for the tip.  I also read on the O website that there's free pressing upon embarkation.  May I assume there's a limit of a few garments per passenger or per room?  Thanks for any info.  

20 items per bag, a pair of socks counts as 1 item.  3 bags per stateroom.  Allow 3 days for return, but they are often faster. Last bag acceptance is 3 days before debarking.

Edited by 1985rz1

7 hours ago, marieps said:

If you're talking about the pressing it's 3 or 4. I'm not sure if it varies by room level but I'm pretty sure the PH has 4. Not sure on Concierge.