Boutiques on Regatta

Fighterone

What kind of items are sold in the stores on board?

We are trying to determine if we should hold on to some OBC to purchase items in the stores. Is the stock in the boutiques elaborate and expensive? Is there a good choice of items with the Oceania logo? Is there a duty free area for alcohol.

We have $1100 in OBC to spend and not sure if we should put it on excursions.

Thank you for your responses.

They carry jewelry, perfumes, men's products, make up, lotions & potions

clothing $$, purses, sunglasses, O logo product, some sundries

Once you are onboard you can decide if there anything there you want or need :D

There is always the spa also

no duty free alcohol

I had no trouble spending twice that OBC :D

Personally, I think that Oceania misses the "boat" so to speak with their boutiques. They simply do not have anything that is appealing, at least to me. I always find something for my neighbor who watches my house...she wears a size 8. I wasn't born that size! LOL, and they don't have cruise type stuff, in my opinion. My husband usually gets an inexpensive watch (now has about 40) and we use it for dry cleaning and laundry. We seldom use ships tours, but that is an idea too. Oh, if you like a facial, they have a really neat spa.

Just to chime in, in general we find the merchandise overpriced. (I'm talking about the regular shop, not the jewelry shop which I've never entered!)

There used to be fun $10 sales on watches and t-shirts but they seem to have gone bye-bye, not to mention that the t-shirts are now rather boring designs ... in years gone by they were very nice and I always bought a few. These days I don't bother.

We usually go into the shop to get rid of the OBC we haven't spent yet. There ARE sometimes good sales. I got a nice Oceania wheelie for about $30 on our last cruise. I saw another woman leaving the ship who had the same one and she was unhappy to hear that we'd gotten 20% off ...

Most of the time we get things like chocolates and listerine ... the listerine especially costs much more than it would at home, but then this is "free" money ...

If it works out to use the OBC on tours, I'd suggest you figure out if that would be to your advantage. You CAN spend money in the shop ... I have bought a few very nice bags in there with OBC. But not often!

And if you are a small size, some of the clothing is very nice.

Shop well ...

Mura

The jewelry shop can have some decent deals and prices. Depends on the cruise. Our last long Nautica cruise had an Israeli designer with some interesting designs. Prices went down as we got closer to Israel. This was a bucket list cruise (Hong Kong to Athens) and my DW crossed a bucket item off the list ( while in the Suez) with a nice pair of reasonably priced ruby earings mostly paid by Oceania OBC.

Oceania OBC.

If your OBC was given to you by your TA, just have them refund it back to you when you get home.If it is Oceania OBC then you have to use it on board .We where on the Sirena this January and my wife bought a beautiful top she wore a few time's to dinner.

You might be shut out trying to book excursions on board with your OBC. Excursions are usually booked before sailing date and no OBC can be used to pre book excursions. You can use your OBC for wine during dinner.

Edited by Acrusa