Regatta Specialty Restaurant Menus

ChucktownSteve

We have been on the Marina where there were four separate specialty restaurants. On Regatta there are only two; Toscana & Polo Grill. Are the menus on the Oceania web site for those restaurants what we'll find on the Regatta or is there a combination of the other two missing restaurants mixed with them?

Also if it is a fusion of two restaurants, do you know where I might find those menus? Thankx.

Sirena has the combined Polo + Toscana (renamed Tuscan Steak) restaurant plus Red Ginger. Supposedly (as far as I understand) the other "R" ships will be reconfigured this same way when they go into drydock.

We have been on the Marina where there were four separate specialty restaurants. On Regatta there are only two; Toscana & Polo Grill. Are the menus on the Oceania web site for those restaurants what we'll find on the Regatta or is there a combination of the other two missing restaurants mixed with them?

Also if it is a fusion of two restaurants, do you know where I might find those menus? Thankx.

No...only 2 and the menu is on the web site... The main dining room has just great menu too.

However if you like fusion...do it yourself.. The terrace serves every night most all of what the main dining, Polo and Toscana serve and you can "fuse" to your hearts content. To be honest I like the Terrace because of the incredible options...not doable at the others. Picture this Start with a smoked duck tureen Then a slice of Prime Rib, escargot en croute, a trimbal of forest mushrooms and a Lobster tail. For desert a Apple Strudel with vanilla sauce... and a nice Hess Chardonnay.... finish with a nice Sautern and a french cheese plate.... Not your regular Buffet

Only on Sirena do they now have the Tuscan Steak and Red Ginger with Jacques bistro for Lunch in the main dining room. Frankly I did not care for the Tuscan Steak...lots of menu changes and old favorites gone... Reg Ginger remains the same. Eat at Polo as much as you can before they gut the menu

No...only 2 and the menu is on the web site... The main dining room has just great menu too.

However if you like fusion...do it yourself.. The terrace serves every night most all of what the main dining, Polo and Toscana serve and you can "fuse" to your hearts content. To be honest I like the Terrace because of the incredible options...not doable at the others. Picture this Start with a smoked duck tureen Then a slice of Prime Rib, escargot en croute, a trimbal of forest mushrooms and a Lobster tail. For desert a Apple Strudel with vanilla sauce... and a nice Hess Chardonnay.... finish with a nice Sautern and a french cheese plate.... Not your regular Buffet

Only on Sirena do they now have the Tuscan Steak and Red Ginger with Jacques bistro for Lunch in the main dining room. Frankly I did not care for the Tuscan Steak...lots of menu changes and old favorites gone... Reg Ginger remains the same. Eat at Polo as much as you can before they gut the menu

OMG! You didn't mention anything I don't order when I see it on the menu... Especially duck, prime rib rare and lobster. Thankx.

The thing I remember the most about Marina, when we sailed her, was they had the best food I've had at sea to date! Loved the boats of caviar in the MDR.

No boats of caviar on O MDR.They may have it on rare occasion at special brunches - I believe.

I had three boats on the Wednesday night of a 7 day med cruise 2 1/2 years ago. It was on the appetizer menu that night. I ordered one, requested a second boat then the server brought me a third un-ordered boat saying, "compliments of the Chef." :D

Mira;

Oceania, corporately, has never confirmed they are making the restaurant change overs on all the R ships. My TA has questioned O and has only gotten a "No firm decision has been made reply". I was told my the restaurant manager on the Nautical that they haven't seen construction blueprints, for the next dry dock, that would indicate the changes. However, he said the real answer is "we don't know at this time, it's still being reviewed."

There are rumors that new 2019 itineraries and brochures will be released soon. Rumors! Since several of those R ships are scheduled into dry dock, before the 2019 sailings, one might only suppose that if those change overs are planned, they would be indicated , and advertised,in those new brochures . Or maybe not!

Pinot, I assume your comment is directed to me since I haven't seen anyone posting as "Mira" ...

When I first heard about these plans it seemed quite definite that the intention was to do this for all the ships. But that was quite a while ago, and given the sometimes unhappy reactions of regulars, perhaps they are continuing to think about it. I hope they do NOT proceed myself. I haven't seen anything official from Oceania either.

Pinot, I assume your comment is directed to me since I haven't seen anyone posting as "Mira" ...

When I first heard about these plans it seemed quite definite that the intention was to do this for all the ships. But that was quite a while ago, and given the sometimes unhappy reactions of regulars, perhaps they are continuing to think about it. I hope they do NOT proceed myself. I haven't seen anything official from Oceania either.

To be direct...Tuscan Steak sucks...

I had three boats on the Wednesday night of a 7 day med cruise 2 1/2 years ago. It was on the appetizer menu that night. I ordered one, requested a second boat then the server brought me a third un-ordered boat saying, "compliments of the Chef." :D

That's good. I am not a caviar connoisseur and thus I don't look for it. Also, we rarely have dinner in the MDR - thus I could have easily missed it.

Was it caviar or fish roe?

We are getting off sirena after 34 nights living with the new restaurant configuration. Here is my take

The change is a mistake. First red ginger is not universally loved by passengers. I'd say 60/40 like dislike. That leaves a lot is us with only one specialty restaurant

Tuscan steak is ok. Some of the best options from polo and Toscana missing

I can live with it

Jacques bistro for lunch is a loser. Same menu every day with none of the great stuff from Jacques on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are getting off sirena after 34 nights living with the new restaurant configuration. Here is my take

The change is a mistake. First red ginger is not universally loved by passengers. I'd say 60/40 like dislike. That leaves a lot is us with only one specialty restaurant

Tuscan steak is ok. Some of the best options from polo and Toscana missing

I can live with it

Jacques bistro for lunch is a loser. Same menu every day with none of the great stuff from Jacques on the menu.

Your comments are both interesting,, and yet alarming. Are you saying the cuisine on Oceania is overrated? :eek:

We will be sailing for our first time on Sierna to Cuba, May 2018. Itinerary, and reputation of Oceania's upscale food were reasons we decided to try Oceania. Our point of reference is Princess and Celebrity.

Thank you for your opinions.

My take after Bitbob's comments about Sirena's dining. We were on board in October for a couple of weeks. Perhaps we are more moderate in our comments since we weren't on the ship for so long.

But we weren't happy at all with Tuscan Steak. As he says, many of our favorites were gone -- especially those from Polo. It is not a good mix.

We've never been fans of Red Ginger although we DID prefer it this time around. Perhaps the smaller room on Sirena improved things. We were at a birthday dinner in Sirena's RG one night and while I usually cringe at the renditions of "Happy Birthday to You" on other ships, it was quite charming here. They had a nice routine that was quite amusing.

DH was happier with the lunch time Jacques offerings in the GDR than I was. I'd much prefer to have the real restaurant (it is our favorite on the big ships while Red Ginger is our least favorite)! We only had lunch a couple of times in the GDR where we selected Jacques selections so perhaps that would explain why we didn't have a problem with a "set" menu. Had we been on board for 34 days, I think that would have not passed muster.

Mura

Your comments are both interesting,, and yet alarming. Are you saying the cuisine on Oceania is overrated? :eek:

We will be sailing for our first time on Sierna to Cuba, May 2018. Itinerary, and reputation of Oceania's upscale food were reasons we decided to try Oceania. Our point of reference is Princess and Celebrity.

No, the cuisine is still excellent. It's more, I think, that old timers on Oceania are not happy with the changes that have taken place on Sirena. We ourselves like the Grand Dining Room very much (largely because of the changing variety of choices which the specialty restaurants don't have) and we also like Terrace when we want to be more casual. While not entirely happy with the change from Polo and Toscana to Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak, you can still find choices you will like. Of that I am sure ... although as we keep on saying, these things are very subjective.

Also, while Bitbob felt that the Jacques options at lunch weren't all that great, one of my favorites was there ... the 5 peppercorn steak. I assume that at lunchtime they don't serve the same portion they do at dinner!

And while he said that the choices stayed the same on his 34 day cruise, I don't know that they were the same ones that we found in October ... I would be very disappointed if they DO stay the same for so long!

Our upcoming cruises in November 2017 and May 2018 are on Marina and Riviera, so we won't be on an "R" ship for quite some time ... others no doubt will chime in.

Mura

The quality of the food is not an issue. We do not care for the Great Food in red ginger. We don't care for the fusion cuisine. Not an attack on food quality

Bistro and Tuscan steak criticisms have to do with more limited choices than we used to have. Not an attack on food quality

The food is great with the exception of imo

Mexican buffet - we always avoid

Corned beef and cabbage on st pats day. It was boiled beef in a broth

Cuban black beans. No cumin

I spoke to Martin the f&b manager about the last two. He's working on it

The food on O is excellent but IMO Sirena is at the bottom of the 6 ships due to changes. Marina/Riviera are the best because they have 4 specialties, La Reserve and a Terrace with larger selection than the R ships. Nautica, Insignia and Regatta are identical and preferable to Sirena -IMO - b/o of the merger of Polo & Toscana on Sirena.

That said, you will like it well enough, I am sure.

The food is great with the exception of imo

Mexican buffet - we always avoid

Corned beef and cabbage on st pats day. It was boiled beef in a broth

Cuban black beans. No cumin

I can add to that a list their Chinese buffet at the Terrace which is very disappointing except for the dumplings (potsticker like but not potstickers)

I can add to that a list their Chinese buffet at the Terrace which is very disappointing except for the dumplings (potsticker like but not potstickers)

Thank you for your opinion on the Oceania dining options. Regarding the Chines buffet:

Do they serve dim sum like:

har gow

sui mai

char siu bow

Shaolin bun

Or the following in the Chinese buffet:

Crystal walnut prawns

Peking style salt and pepper prawns or spareribs

Peking duck

Beef tenderloin filet with Chinese choi sum greens

Yang Chow fried rice

Jook

Longevity noodles

Herbal soups

We will be on our first Oceania sailing to Cuba, May 2018, and hoping the cusine will be as good as many have said. Looking forward to some Cuban cuisine, as well.:):)

Another poster commented the Mexican buffet is also a bust. Shame :(

Wonder what was bad about it.

So, do they have an Italian buffet? And is it any good?

Other theme buffets? Any good!

Enjoy your cruise.

"I cruise to eat,healthy, and to eat a slice of apple pie every day before I die."

Edited by Kingofcool1947