Vista Splash Pad Rules

Trivia Trickster

I've been reading conflicting answers about the splash pad section on the Vista. Can a non potty trained kid use any parts of the splash pad or is it totally off limits? I’m strictly talking about the toddler splash area and not any of the pools. We are close to being fully potty trained and still have a few months to practice but I wanted to make sure just in case we failed.

**DISCLAIMER: I have not been on the Vista**

However, they generally want only fully potty-trained children using water features due to the possibility of infection, which, as we all know, can run rampant on a cruise ship.

**DISCLAIMER: I have not been on the Vista**

However, they generally want only fully potty-trained children using water features due to the possibility of infection, which, as we all know, can run rampant on a cruise ship.

Yes, I totally understand that and I do agree. I just see that all the other new mega ships (Disney, NCL, RCCL) seem to offer a baby zone and I was wondering if Carnival Vista followed suit.

Yes, I totally understand that and I do agree. I just see that all the other new mega ships (Disney, NCL, RCCL) seem to offer a baby zone and I was wondering if Carnival Vista followed suit.

The only ships to date that offer an "infant only recreational water facility" (splash area for children in diapers), are the Disney ships, and the RCI Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum classes. No NCL ship has one.

The only ships to date that offer an "infant only recreational water facility" (splash area for children in diapers), are the Disney ships, and the RCI Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum classes. No NCL ship has one.

It’s possible I got confused. I found so much contradicting information while researching the different lines that I don’t remember. I think this was one of the threads that lead me to believe NCL also offered a baby area http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2013476

In any case, we decided to go with Carnival since it was the only line that had camp for two year olds. If she’s not fully trained by the cruise, she’ll just as much enjoy the beach, I’m pretty sure she is going to have an awesome time!

Lots of folks think that because it is a splash pad area that it is okay for swim diapers, since this is the most common form of water facility for diapered kids ashore. However, USPH requires a completely different set of requirements from construction through operation for these facilities, which is why they are so limited in their introduction. And, in fact, even the USPH is revising their rules, based on experience gained with the early RCI splash areas, and are now allowing up to 2" of standing water, as kids were experiencing burned feet from the previously required no standing water splash areas. This is not official yet, but their VSP guidelines are under review at this time.

Breakaway had a baby pool, with like two inches of water, slides, little fountains. Nothing that would interest bigger kids. Swim diapers for days....