Nov/ Dec Jade Panama vs Breakaway Eastern vs Star Southern ABC need help!!

appzoffear

Having trouble deciding on what cruise to book because the effects of Irma.. I have choose between 3 itineraries with 3 different ships. The BA cruise leaves out of NYC on Dec 3 2017 12 nights to Eastern Carribean three of the ports will be affected .. St Thomas, Tortola and St Maarten. The Jade leaves out of Miami Nov 16 11 nights for the panama canal no ports will be affected. The Star leaves out of Miami Nov 16 for 11 nights going to the southern carribean and the ABC islands with 2 ports being affected St Thomas and Tortola. I have never sailed the panama canal nor have I been to the ABC islands I have sailed the eastern and western itineraries numerous times. I have sailed the Ba and Ga and escape several times but have never sailed the star or jade.. They are all similar priced we would be sailing in a balcony cabin. What ship and itinerary would you choose? We live in Ohio and could drive to the Nyc port for the ba and would fly to Miami for the other two ships...

thanks for your input-

Not sure if would affect your decision but Star is not due into Miami until Nov. 20th. I'd say just do the Canal cruise since you have not done that itinerary before. That eliminates worrying about any of the ports being affected by Irma. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your decision.

Transiting the Panama Canal is a MUST cruise. Have been on the other 2 you mention. Neither compares to the Canal. Hopefully you will also stop in Cartagena which is a beautiful city. Be sure to go to the films shown before the transit. The history and engineering of the Canal is fascinating. The other ABSOLUTE MUST is a forward facing cabin (overlooking the bow) so you can see the actual working of the Canal, the locks, and the little locomotives. From Atlantic to Pacific (or vice versa) takes all day so you'll want both the comfort of your own balcony and the ability to be viewing whenever you want without trying to vie with 2,000 other people trying to carve out a sliver of space on the public decks.

• 2 weeks later...