Can you pay balance on the web page

ighten

We booked over the phone to have two cabins next to each other as there was no surcharge for singles

The balance is nearly due but I cant find anywhere to pay on the web page when I go to my account

Also is there no way of paying drink packages/gratuities etc in advance

With regards to drinks packages, these can be placed in your MyCosta shopping basket then reserved and confirmed then they will show on your final invoice together with the cruise.

I personally would not use the online payment on Costa Website, supposed to show payment (including deposites) are never shown. On your final invoice it will show the various payment methods, i.e. bank transfer, or credit card / Paypal both of which incure a 1% transaction service charge.

Give Costa UK a call and ask for paymant methods, also they can book the drinks packages for you, also of the tippins can be prepaid.

How did you make your deposit payment?

With regards to drinks packages, these can be placed in your MyCosta shopping basket then reserved and confirmed then they will show on your final invoice together with the cruise.

I personally would not use the online payment on Costa Website, supposed to show payment (including deposites) are never shown. On your final invoice it will show the various payment methods, i.e. bank transfer, or credit card / Paypal both of which incure a 1% transaction service charge.

Give Costa UK a call and ask for paymant methods, also they can book the drinks packages for you, also of the tippins can be prepaid.

direct over the phone with costa... paid the final the same way as It seems impossible on the website.. also even though I have drinks etc booked on the website they didnt take for these... TBF I have yet to see any cruise company yet whose websites are not an utter shambles but costas seem just that more bizarre

Anyway looking forward to the cruise

Seriously? Is there any other cruise line that charges the passengers for using a credit card? What a cheapskate Costa is. The majority of people use a cc to pay for things like this, and it gives them some recourse if things go awry. Consumer Red flags should go up. All I can say is WOW, and not in a good way....

You can book a phone call from customer services on their web site if you prefer.

They can take balance over phone. You will need to pay balance eight weeks before cruise.

Book any drinks package on line as said by GMT paid only after cruise you can cancel any thing booked on line up to five days before going.

I have only managed to pay Gratuities once before the cruise but you could ask again when paying balance, things often change with Costa which we fail to see.

Never been charged for using CC but there are many cards suppliers who do place a charge for Euros./Dollars

Edited by tenpin

I just checked and we do not pay a Credit Card fee. We always book directly with Costa. Tried to get a better deal with TA but could not.

If you pay in a foreign currency there will be a charge on most credit cards. We use a Halifax card for purchases abroad. I don't think it is uncommon to pay credit card fees when booking things. I live in the UK and occasionally have to book train tickets on line. There is always a Credit Card fee , same applies to theatre tickets and a few other things. Maybe it is not the case in the USA.

We'll continue cruising with Costa despite all the recent nasty comments on the boards. I agree that the NeoRomantica problem that Bazbov had was diabolical but we have not had any of the experiences some people relate at the moment.

I am also surprised that the moderators do not act on some of the personal attacks on other CC members. Though I am quite addicted to looking at what is going on on the forums I might have to stop because I find it really unpleasant.

Alicat58

We'll continue cruising with Costa despite all the recent nasty comments on the boards. I agree that the NeoRomantica problem that Bazbov had was diabolical but we have not had any of the experiences some people relate at the moment.

I am also surprised that the moderators do not act on some of the personal attacks on other CC members. Though I am quite addicted to looking at what is going on on the forums I might have to stop because I find it really unpleasant.

Alicat58

I hope that you will continue browsing these boards Alicat, treat those who continually seem to knock Costa with distain, they often have never cruise with them but make out they have trying to spoil others enjoyment in trying new lines.

We have been cruising with Costa twenty one years & it never seems to amaze me that so many people have had troubles which have not in time been sorted out, just like most other cruise lines. They have always treated our few complaints fairly and within the industry's reply standard of 28 days,

My apologies if I came on too harsh to another posters misinformation regarding Costa charging a fee to pay with a credit card. Not talking about a credit card company charging a foreign transaction fee-that is something totally different. The other poster above said Costa charged a fee to uay for a cruise with a credit card-totally different animal. No other Cruise Line that I've ever used has charged a fee to use a credit card. To say Costa is penny-pinching or are cheapskates are not attacks on individuals by the way...

Edited by tnt10

I hope that you will continue browsing these boards Alicat, treat those who continually seem to knock Costa with distain, they often have never cruise with them but make out they have trying to spoil others enjoyment in trying new lines.

We have been cruising with Costa twenty one years & it never seems to amaze me that so many people have had troubles which have not in time been sorted out, just like most other cruise lines. They have always treated our few complaints fairly and within the industry's reply standard of 28 days,

I think it's quite clear you are a Costa cheerleader tenpin. Just because you have personally not experienced any of the issues that others on these boards experienced does not mean they aren't true. Take a look at all of the truly negative cruise reviews on these boards. You're ready to dismiss them all?

I'm fresh off of the Deliziosa 24 night Transatlantic from Venice (or Trieste rather) to Port Everglades and my disappointment with that cruise and Costa in general is very fresh and raw. I wanted solutions to current problems on the ship acknowledged and seen to immediately and not 28 days after the fact. I'm upset that they can get peoples hard earned money delivering such a poor product, and that people put up with it and later sing Costa's praises!

(In psychology this is called Cognitive Dissonance: "the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, performs an action that is contradictory to one or more beliefs, ideas or values, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values".)

I think everyone needs to keep an open mind to other's opinions and experiences and remember that some of Costa's shortcomings can lead to dire consequences.

(My review of our experiences on the Deliziosa was submitted several days ago, and will hopefully be posted shortly. If not, I will post it here).