Dream 2017

lyndenfa

sailed jan 6 - 9,2017

first time on dream, 4 others on Magic and Wonder. Hope to write longer report,but for now:

overall:great as always

connecting family 8624+8626

noticed more crowds, less service in general; will go back to smaller ships next year.

food very good, did not have rapport with waiters exceptone night he did some magic tricks.

believe less contact/rapport due to increased job responsibilities not personalities

more 4 star, past most 5 star. grandsons agreed after 4 other Disney cruises with us

still love disney

sailed jan 6 - 9,2017

first time on dream, 4 others on Magic and Wonder. Hope to write longer report,but for now:

overall:great as always

connecting family 8624+8626

noticed more crowds, less service in general; will go back to smaller ships next year.

food very good, did not have rapport with waiters exceptone night he did some magic tricks.

believe less contact/rapport due to increased job responsibilities not personalities

more 4 star, past most 5 star. grandsons agreed after 4 other Disney cruises with us

still love disney

that's my take on the Dream too.

i was on her 2 years ago with my mom and sister - they loved the cruise, but had nothing to compare it to.

i was comparing the cruise to my prior experiences on the wonder...

i'll be on her again next august...this time with DH, DD and DSIL...

it will be interesting to see what it's like not in concierge...

Edited by alaska_planner

We continue to prefer the smaller ships. That's why I was disappointed to read that the new ones will be about the size of the Fantasy.

We just find the "classic" ships to be more friendly as well as more efficient. Bells and whistles are nice, but the crew really "makes" the voyage.

We were on the Dream back in October, two years after our first cruise on the Dream. We didn't see really any difference across those two years - almost identical experience (apart from the changed itinerary and the Hurricane!). That's why I didn't write a trip report actually.

The difference for you really could have been the different perceived interaction with your servers - they really do make all the difference. How about your cabin steward? Same? More busy?

Just wondering...