Have you seen the new Princess livery ?

I quite like it, certainly unique, would be interesting to hear what the North Americans feel about it. A lot of Brits do not like the union jack livery on P&O UK ships either, nor the blue funnels.

Edited by NSWP

I posted in Princess Forum thread on this that I thought it was a little bit NCLish for me. I guess Princess are going for immediate brand recognition, but it looks like it's cheapened the brand a little bit to me?? I'll have to see how it grows on me over time...I may grow to love it...:rolleyes:

I don't mind it. The first cruise ship I ever laid eyes on, as a kid in the 70s, was a Princess ship docked at Circular Quay. I remember seeing that logo and wondering if the ship was owned by Wella shampoo... :D

It's stuck with me ever since, and I think in a subliminal way drew me to Princess when I recently decided to start cruising.

I also like that they'll be more easily recognised from a distance.

For some reason I get surveys from time to time from "Princess Consumer Insights" on various things, and I recall about 6 months ago being presented with a range of different "artwork" on ships hulls and to choose the one that appealed to me (any why). I selected something a little more subtle that what they seem to have eventually gone with.

Interesting to see how long these things are in the planning.

I posted in Princess Forum thread on this that I thought it was a little bit NCLish for me. I guess Princess are going for immediate brand recognition, but it looks like it's cheapened the brand a little bit to me?? I'll have to see how it grows on me over time...I may grow to love it...:rolleyes:

My exact reaction too. I like classic - either white, or the dark navy blue of Cunard.

Its the Carnival Corp influence. HAL will be next then Cunard, ye gods there will be a revolution by the Cunarders. As I said before a lot of the Brits do not like the livery on P&O UK, they told me so on Aurora/Oriana, 'oh so American' they said, LOL.

Hi Folks

Lets have lime green hulls with white superstructure and the company logo displayed on the funnel

A return to class rather than more crass

Oh Pretty Sisters Carmania and Coronia

regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ

I think it is ugly.

I guess they are trying to downgrade to NCL. Planning on removing formal nights and now cheap and tacky hull art.

If they have money to waste on cheap hull art then they are not spending enough on maintenance, repairs and passenger facility enhancements.

I have a hull paint decoration for HAL, paint motifs of wheel chairs, walkers, scooters, zimmer frames, all round. LOL.

Cunard could have motifs of Monocles, old school ties, gin and tonics and retired Generals and Admirals promenading in their regimental blazers, ties, chinos and oxford brogues, lol. And not a cruise card on lanyard in sight, not the Brit thing.

Now for the repaint job on Carnival Australia, Spirit/Legend, how about XXX, VB and Tooheys New emblems adourning the hull, with the odd pair of thongs and blue singlets dressing up the funnel.

What say ye? Standby for incoming, LOL.

Edited by NSWP

I have a hull paint decoration for HAL, paint motifs of wheel chairs, walkers, scooters, zimmer frames, all round. LOL.

Cunard could have motifs of Monocles, old school ties, gin and tonics and retired Generals and Admirals promenading in their regimental blazers, ties, chinos and oxford brogues, lol. And not a cruise card on lanyard in sight, not the Brit thing.

Now for the repaint job on Carnival Australia, Spirit/Legend, how about XXX, VB and Tooheys New emblems adourning the hull, with the odd pair of thongs and blue singlets dressing up the funnel.

What say ye? Standby for incoming, LOL.

Aye, there's that.

That's a good point actually. There's a whole lot of white space there on the hull... would be great for sponsorship, to help with revenue raising. They sell sponsorship to tv shows, buildings, stadiums... Why not sell off the sides and get some ads/brands there for a new revenue opportunity?

I remember seeing that logo and wondering if the ship was owned by Wella shampoo... :D

o.k. - I'm going to struggle to get Wella shampoo out my head every time I see the sea witch logo now....:D

you can tell a wella woman by the way she wears her hair.....la de da de da...

I'd love to see that survey from Princess with the other hull design options. Does anyone have a copy?

For some reason I get surveys from time to time from "Princess Consumer Insights" on various things, and I recall about 6 months ago being presented with a range of different "artwork" on ships hulls and to choose the one that appealed to me (any why). I selected something a little more subtle that what they seem to have eventually gone with.

Interesting to see how long these things are in the planning.