Have you seen the new Princess livery ?

I think it is ugly.

I guess they are trying to downgrade to NCL. Planning on removing formal nights and now cheap and tacky hull art.

If they have money to waste on cheap hull art then they are not spending enough on maintenance, repairs and passenger facility enhancements.

Congratulations, spot on with your comments, they don't seem to take any notice of passenger comments, especially down under, pity that. Wello

Congratulations, spot on with your comments, they don't seem to take any notice of passenger comments, especially down under, pity that. Wello

What concerns me is that they want to roll this "art" out fleet wide. It costs money to do that. Every time I board a Princess ship these days there is something on board that is broken down or not working. It could be spa tubs out of order, the swim against the current pool broken down to any number of other minor defects. They need to get their ships in order before they go splashing around cash on aesthetics.

What else is disappointing is that Princess has been a top quality line. Now it appears they want to lower standards to match paintwork of NCL and there was also recent talk of removing formal nights. What else does Princess have in store for us?

Hi all, your many & varied comments re the new livery on the 'Majestic Princess' are really great, but cosmetic aspects. For us the ship's practical design is more important. To explain, many of the Princess fleet (eg. Diamond, Golden, etc) have certain stateroom decks (deck 9, Dolphin for example) with balconies having no overhead covering - exposed decks, and this has been endlessly complained about! A real privacy invasion issue - esp. with our preferred Mini-suite staterooms, which are costing us a premium to occupy. Whilst one doesn't prance around naked on their balcony (well, not us anyway!), one is always uncomfortable knowing guests in higher decks (and paying less) can look down upon them.

With this new ship, thank goodness the deck alignment appears consistent, with overhead covering across every deck balcony. Princess have finally listened!

G.&C. :cool: :)

Hi all, your many & varied comments re the new livery on the 'Majestic Princess' are really great, but cosmetic aspects. For us the ship's practical design is more important. To explain, many of the Princess fleet (eg. Diamond, Golden, etc) have certain stateroom decks (deck 9, Dolphin for example) with balconies having no overhead covering - exposed decks, and this has been endlessly complained about! A real privacy invasion issue - esp. with our preferred Mini-suite staterooms, which are costing us a premium to occupy. Whilst one doesn't prance around naked on their balcony (well, not us anyway!), one is always uncomfortable knowing guests in higher decks (and paying less) can look down upon them.

With this new ship, thank goodness the deck alignment appears consistent, with overhead covering across every deck balcony. Princess have finally listened!

G.&C. :cool: :)

I agree, if someone is going to look at me (exposing myself) on my exposed balcony, I would certainly want them to have paid more than I did.:p

I agree, if someone is going to look at me (exposing myself) on my exposed balcony, I would certainly want them to have paid more than I did.:p

Well said MicCanberra.....that's wot we were trying to say! Thankyou for your 'support' and giving this issue further exposure.....great S.O.H. - don't lose it, we need it more than ever now! Cheers & 'aveagoodday....keep a watch on those pollies!

G. & C. :cool: :)

Well said MicCanberra.....that's wot we were trying to say! Thankyou for your 'support' and giving this issue further exposure.....great S.O.H. - don't lose it, we need it more than ever now! Cheers & 'aveagoodday....keep a watch on those pollies!

G. & C. :cool: :)

No worries,

Did the designs for regal and royal have eliminate that issue? Personally, I do not see the mini suite being that advantageous, yes it is slightly larger than a balcony cabin and you get a bath but you do not get the perks that suites get. Sometimes the bath is actually a disadvantage.

No worries,

Did the designs for regal and royal have eliminate that issue? Personally, I do not see the mini suite being that advantageous, yes it is slightly larger than a balcony cabin and you get a bath but you do not get the perks that suites get. Sometimes the bath is actually a disadvantage.

Haven't sailed on either of those ships, but looking at the pics of each I would say they don't have the exposed balconies. Just our luck both vessels we sailed on - 'Island' & 'Diamond' - did, and hence our posts re this. 'Each to their own' Mic, but agreed the mini-suite is not worth that extra cost, but in our case, my wife suffers from a spine injury and likes the 3-seater lounge in those suites to sit up and watch one of the two TV's (rather than the bed). Personal pref. Re the bath - a b....y nuisance, not good for mobility sufferers, and about time Princess removed them & just had a walk in shower. How many folks take a bath anyway on a cruise???

Haven't sailed on either of those ships, but looking at the pics of each I would say they don't have the exposed balconies. Just our luck both vessels we sailed on - 'Island' & 'Diamond' - did, and hence our posts re this. 'Each to their own' Mic, but agreed the mini-suite is not worth that extra cost, but in our case, my wife suffers from a spine injury and likes the 3-seater lounge in those suites to sit up and watch one of the two TV's (rather than the bed). Personal pref. Re the bath - a b....y nuisance, not good for mobility sufferers, and about time Princess removed them & just had a walk in shower. How many folks take a bath anyway on a cruise???

On the Diamond, we choose the mini suites on deck 8 as the balcony's are directly under the minisuites above on deck 9, so are completely covered, full privacy, which is what we prefer. Friends of ours take the minisuites on Deck 9 as they like to be in the open full sun, and love the option. So we both get our cabins on the Diamond...:D.

On the Royal design, many of the Minisuites are directly under the sea walk on deck 16, so people walking around the novelty get perfect view into your minisuite balconies, plus the balcony's are much narrower than the grand class ships, so you'll have to sit sideways....

On the Diamond, we choose the mini suites on deck 8 as the balcony's are directly under the minisuites above on deck 9, so are completely covered, full privacy, which is what we prefer. Friends of ours take the minisuites on Deck 9 as they like to be in the open full sun, and love the option. So we both get our cabins on the Diamond...:D.

On the Royal design, many of the Minisuites are directly under the sea walk on deck 16, so people walking around the novelty get perfect view into your minisuite balconies, plus the balcony's are much narrower than the grand class ships, so you'll have to sit sideways....

At least there is the choice for what you want. I didn't think about the sea walk, that would possibly be causing shadows as well.

Hi Lanwood, touché....as I say 'each to their own'. I've explored cruisedeckplans.com to note the different layouts & locations on the ships you have mentioned (not a fan of the narrow balconies though - even the new 'Majestic' has these!)

Just another important aspect though leading to our comments on the exposed balconies, is the preference determined by passengers subject to sea (motion) sickness. It is strongly advised to always choose MID -SHIP staterooms on lower decks for these passengers to minimise these effects. Agree, the Diamond deck 8 mini-suite balconies are covered, but these 18 rooms are all located AFT. We have to choose mid-ship locations and so stuck with exposed balconies on deck 9 Dolphin. We rest our case....be happy...don't worry! :cool: :)

Hi Lanwood, touché....as I say 'each to their own'. I've explored cruisedeckplans.com to note the different layouts & locations on the ships you have mentioned (not a fan of the narrow balconies though - even the new 'Majestic' has these!)

Just another important aspect though leading to our comments on the exposed balconies, is the preference determined by passengers subject to sea (motion) sickness. It is strongly advised to always choose MID -SHIP staterooms on lower decks for these passengers to minimise these effects. Agree, the Diamond deck 8 mini-suite balconies are covered, but these 18 rooms are all located AFT. We have to choose mid-ship locations and so stuck with exposed balconies on deck 9 Dolphin. We rest our case....be happy...don't worry! :cool: :)

Hi Silfox, not a problem....thought I'd raise the deck 8 option as some aren't aware they're down there as covered balconies, but as you already know, the trade off is they're not mid-ship. Our last cruise on the Diamond, we had the entire starboard side mini suite row to ourselves. Not one other passenger.

On the Regal, we had a Penthouse suite and found the narrowness of the balcony a bit inconvenient (and stubbed my toe more than once navigating around). I managed to lift one chair over to the other side of the table without dropping it overboard, in doing so, I could use the bedroom door to get to a chair one side, and my partner could use the living room door to get to a chair on the other side.

Looking back, just to stay topic specific, I have to say the Regal looked more "regal" in the plain white than she would with the livery...imho...

In the advising at the top of my screen right now, there is a princess "comebacknew" advert with a picture of a princess ship. It looks very prestigious to me in that picture. Imagining the same picture with the livery doesn't seem to carry the same stature in my head....

Edited by Lanwood

Hi Silfox, not a problem....

Looking back, just be stay topic specific, I have to say the Regal looked more "regal" in the plain white than she would with the livery...imho...

In the advising at the top of my screen right now, there is a princess "comebacknew" advert with a picture of a princess ship. It looks very prestigious to me in that picture. Imagining the same picture with the livery doesn't seem to carry the same stature in my head....

Good to hear your comments Lanwood, and yes, I digressed off the livery to the balcony issue - that's put to bed now eh. I have seen that pic on their website and it sure looks beautiful - in white, no livery! Agree, keep it that way to preserve the true liner stature & dignity...otherwise they adopt the mentioned NCL type livery (eg. 'Pride of America' in Hawaii) which to us kind of cheapens the whole vessel. Just personal opinions.....like we don't particularly like the deep blue keel & red striping of the Cunard line! Whatever....so long as we all have a ball eh? Pour me another..!!!

Geoff :cool: