What are the dance venues on NeoRomantica, please share any info for this ship

gam888

We are considering sailing on the NeoRomantica in November to Europe. We like to do some ballroom dancing and general dancing after dinner. Could you please tell us how many dance venues does the ship have, in terms of live bands and DJ in disco? What type of music do they play, ballroom? Rock? Pop chart music? The reviews on CC shows only 48% of people liked the ship, could anyone who has sailed her please share their experience regarding food, entertainment, activities..etc. I know the announcements are made in several languages, I don't mind that, but it seems like people don't like their service, and entertainment is not up to par sometime? Do you have to pay for water?

Most of all, we are very interested in knowing more about how many live bands and dance lounges it has, do they have dance lessons in the day time? Thanks in advance.

Thank you Dancer Bob for replying my post,and the other one about the Deliziosa. I am going to repeat my question here as well, so perhaps you might only want to reply once. May I ask why you feel the Romantica has the worse dancing venue? Is the floor space small, or the music selection bad?

Last time we went on a Holland America cruise, one of the house band's music selection was really poor, that although they were on every night, hardly anyone was dancing to their weird tempo music.

I am looking at 2 or 3 Costa cruises, are there any other Costa ships that you feel is a good ship for dancing? Or other lines?

Especially if the itinerary has a lot of sea days, we like to do some dancing in the evening or afternoon, so if the entertainment is lacking, it could be a deal breaker,we have to balance the ship experience with port experience when we select a cruise. Thanks again Bob.

Thank you Dancer Bob for replying my post,and the other one about the Deliziosa. I am going to repeat my question here as well, so perhaps you might only want to reply once. May I ask why you feel the Romantica has the worse dancing venue? Is the floor space small, or the music selection bad?

Last time we went on a Holland America cruise, one of the house band's music selection was really poor, that although they were on every night, hardly anyone was dancing to their weird tempo music.

I am looking at 2 or 3 Costa cruises, are there any other Costa ships that you feel is a good ship for dancing? Or other lines?

Especially if the itinerary has a lot of sea days, we like to do some dancing in the evening or afternoon, so if the entertainment is lacking, it could be a deal breaker,we have to balance the ship experience with port experience when we select a cruise. Thanks again Bob.

If you like to dance you won't be disappointed on a Costa ship. I have not been on any of the Neo ships though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi bit late to the thread but returned from neoRomantica last Wednesday.

There are really only 2 dance areas on this ship. The Grand Bar Piazza and the disco. Both are rather small.

I spoke to the English rep onboard about the difference with the 'neo' ships and one thing was less entertainment. There is no theatre on Romantica but there is a kind of cabaret venue where shortish shows are put on i.e. there was a Burlesque set on one night, a ventriloquist on another.

The only other Costa ship I have been on is the Fortuna which appeared to have more and larger venues but it is a much bigger ship of course.

The entertainment had a kind of sleepy feel to it in the evenings with two bands rotating sets. A lady and man set singing mainly waltzy type middle of the road music and a group of older (not old) gentlemen doing a mixture of 70s/80s stuff.

If push came to shove I'd probably skip the neo ships in future unless the Itinerary and price really suited as it was possibly the least fun cruise I have had.