Costa Deliziosa, how many live bands play dancing music?

gam888

We are considering sailing on the Deliziosa, would you please tell us how many live bands are on the ship playing dancing music (instead of just listening music, like piano bar etc). Are there 1 or 2 major dance lounges, not counting the disco with DJ played music?

What other activities are offered in the evening, if you can please share any info on the food, entertainment, service etc. Are there any dance lessons offered? Thanks in advance.

The main lounge deck 2 has two groups that alternate from about 18.00 to 01.00. Trio Tringali and Duo Contatto who they had last year, were the best music I've heard on a ship in a decade, I don't know if they're booked this year. The Cruise staff also does some entertainment in the lounge every night. Notably, the cruise staff do dance with passengers many nights. Another lounge deck 3, the group may be assigned to play theme music, depends on the Cruise Director. Can be very popular.

Unfortunately the "new, improved" ships deleted three dance floors compared to Mediterranea, although they did add an enclosed smoking lounge.

Costa's evening meal choices are definitely the weakest part of the product, may be a deal-breaker for some people. Food quality is OK, restaurant staffing levels are about the same as everybody else (everybody is reducing staff, reviews more than a year old probably aren't current). I had an excellent waitress last year. Cabin staff is among the best in the business.

There have been some decent Argentine Tango lessons offered, otherwise just line dancing on deck.

I'm on board twice with a dance group, then staying on solo TA to Italy.

Thank you Dancer Bob for replying my post. Could you please tell me what type of music the house band(s) play? Ballroom? Current pop chart music? You have also replied on my other post that the NeoRomantica has the worst dancing, may I ask why? Is the floor space small, or the music selection bad?

Last time we went on a Holland America cruise, one of the house band's music selection was really poor, that although they were on every night, hardly anyone was dancing to their weird tempo music.

I am looking at 2 or 3 Costa cruises, are there any other Costa ships that you feel is a good ship for dancing? Or other lines?

Especially if the itinerary has a lot of sea days, we like to do some dancing in the evening or afternoon, so if the entertainment is lacking, it could be a deal breaker,we have to balance the ship experience with port experience when we select a cruise. Thanks again Bob.