Drinks Package

IrishGuy58

Mulling over whether to go for this or not. At 25€ pp per day, does it include spirits eg bicardi rum and is there a daily limit.

Cannot get a reply from Costa??

There is a pdf of allowed alcohols on the website. I'll try to attach the one from August 2015.

When you get on board, look for the * in the drink menus.

anything with an * next to it is not included in the package. These are usually the more expensive stuff.

Also any cocktail not listed in the pdf is not included. Like, you couldn't order a Long Island even though the liquors are on the list. Your own one-liquor cocktails are ok.

Also, no wines are included except the house wines at dinner table. Even though the pdf says you'll be given a "special menu", there is No special menu. I was told that referred to the seven choices listed in the pdf. Sounded fishy but after asking three people, I gave up.

At dinner, no alcohol other than wine can be ordered. no after-dinner cordial, for instance. I usually do that when others order coffee. So bring it with you to dinner from a bar on the way, if desired.

costa beverages.pdf

Edited by tiger-91
attachment missing

There is a pdf of allowed alcohols on the website. I'll try to attach the one from August 2015.

When you get on board, look for the * in the drink menus.

anything with an * next to it is not included in the package. These are usually the more expensive stuff.

Also any cocktail not listed in the pdf is not included. Like, you couldn't order a Long Island even though the liquors are on the list. Your own one-liquor cocktails are ok.

Also, no wines are included except the house wines at dinner table. Even though the pdf says you'll be given a "special menu", there is No special menu. I was told that referred to the seven choices listed in the pdf. Sounded fishy but after asking three people, I gave up.

At dinner, no alcohol other than wine can be ordered. no after-dinner cordial, for instance. I usually do that when others order coffee. So bring it with you to dinner from a bar on the way, if desired.

Irish Coffee is not usually included, but I just order the ingredients separately and mix my own.

Thanks for all the information. I have ordered the drinks package and boarding the Costa Fortuna on Tuesday at Savona. Have to say I don't understand the wine only at meal times when wine is clearly listed as an available drink on the package. Guess I'll just have to argue the case on board

Thanks for all the information. I have ordered the drinks package and boarding the Costa Fortuna on Tuesday at Savona. Have to say I don't understand the wine only at meal times when wine is clearly listed as an available drink on the package. Guess I'll just have to argue the case on board

We have never had a problem getting a glass of wine with the AI package when ordering outside the dining room.

Have a great time.

We have never had a problem getting a glass of wine with the AI package when ordering outside the dining room.

Have a great time.

I just remembered my problem. I don't usually order wine outside of dinner.

But the one time I did, that particular bar didn't stock the house wines. So I guess others do.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

We are going on the Spain, Italy, & Morocco cruise on January 27, 2016. Can anybody tell me the price of the drinks if I don't buy the drinks package? I am trying to determine if buying the package is worthwhile. My wife doesn't drink a lot, so buying 2 packages may not be the right thing to do. Has anybody had that experience?

Thanks.

We are going on the Spain, Italy, & Morocco cruise on January 27, 2016. Can anybody tell me the price of the drinks if I don't buy the drinks package? I am trying to determine if buying the package is worthwhile. My wife doesn't drink a lot, so buying 2 packages may not be the right thing to do. Has anybody had that experience?

Thanks.

I have a bar menu from this year, can you be more specific about which drinks you are interested in. Don't forget, the AI drinks package, also includes water, non-alcoholic cocktaiks, tea, coffee & juices.

Just off of The Med and we had all the red and white wine that we wanted at our table. All 8 at our table had the bev pkg.

Again, love the Med drink package, no limit, don`t have to wait around to sign a receipt and one bartender let me pour my own Dewars and water every night. After a while, some bartenders don`t even ask for your card.

we're on a 26 night cruise in November and we're trying to work out what's best to do for drinks. I can't see us drinking quite so much in the later weeks as we might do early on but then we'll still want water and coffee. Does anyone know whether you can buy for just one week and not another?

we're on a 26 night cruise in November and we're trying to work out what's best to do for drinks. I can't see us drinking quite so much in the later weeks as we might do early on but then we'll still want water and coffee. Does anyone know whether you can buy for just one week and not another?

Gotta buy the for whole time. We still find its worth it on a long cruise.

No worries. I'll try to get online feedback here as I go. Think there are 2 formal nights

Well, just back from my cruise and so glad I took the drinks package. I easily got value by having 5 or 6 coffees per day, glasses of water or soda and beers and cocktails at night.

Prices for coffee range from €1.55 to €3.60, small draft Carlsberg €3.95 and large would have been €4.95. My wifes Bicardi and coke would have been €8.45 each, large bottles of water would have been €3.49 each. Wine would have been €4.95 a glass

We were offered wine beer and water with evening meal as past of our drinks package

However all tea coffee water soft drinks were free with buffet meals if you don't take the drinks package

Definitely worth taking the package even if you don't drink much alcohol

Well, just back from my cruise and so glad I took the drinks package. I easily got value by having 5 or 6 coffees per day, glasses of water or soda and beers and cocktails at night.

Prices for coffee range from €1.55 to €3.60, small draft Carlsberg €3.95 and large would have been €4.95. My wifes Bicardi and coke would have been €8.45 each, large bottles of water would have been €3.49 each. Wine would have been €4.95 a glass

We were offered wine beer and water with evening meal as past of our drinks package

However all tea coffee water soft drinks were free with buffet meals if you don't take the drinks package

Definitely worth taking the package even if you don't drink much alcohol

Always a great deal. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll be buying mine in a couple weeks too!

Arn't you glad you asked.:rolleyes:

How was the rest of the cruise?

I left a review on the Fortuna review page. Having had nothing to compare it with, I found it great. I would definitely cruise again and probably wit a different company just for comparison. The staff were excellent and if you can relax enough to allow the rude people to go ahead and not get involved in the shoving and pushing at lifts, disembarkations and buffets, you'll enjoy it better.

Edited by IrishGuy58