Costa Ships in China

G.M.T.

Accordin g to this article

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/economy-buoys-carnivals-n-american-brands-europe-a-mixed-picture.html

Costa is planning to have six ships in China in 2016 up from 4 now.

Currently, Atlantica, Victoria, Serena and shortly Fortuna.

Wonder what other two ships will move?

This will then only leave 9 ships to cover, Mediterranen, Northern Europe,

Caribbbean - USA, Caribbean - Dom Rep, South America, Dubai, Indian Ocean and World cruises. Wonder what regions will loose out?

Edited by G.M.T.

Accordin g to this article

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/economy-buoys-carnivals-n-american-brands-europe-a-mixed-picture.html

Costa is planning to have six ships in China in 2016 up from 4 now.

Currently, Atlantica, Victoria, Serena and shortly Fortuna.

Wonder what other two ships will move?

This will then only leave 9 ships to cover, Mediterranen, Northern Europe,

Caribbbean - USA, Caribbean - Dom Rep, South America, Dubai, Indian Ocean and World cruises. Wonder what regions will loose out?

As the 2016 cruises are already published and bookable - if the move 2 ships there are going to be folk disappointed to have their cruise cancelled - they already did this by shifting Fascinosa to South America this coming winter and moving Mediterranea to the West Med. MSC did the same with Lirica (to Shanghai) and Opera (to Cuba!). Makes one cautious about booking!

Could we see Diadema moving?

Hoping it won't be the neoRiviera!

Last time Intried to do a repo via the Duez (with MDC) it git completely moved to the Canaries. Second attempt to get transit the Siez next year.

I do share your view TomVet, with all these changing plans, by cruise lines, it makes me somewhT nervous about booking a lot in advance. Then again, if I hang off to close to the time, who's to say if there will be availability.

China does appear to be getting a lot more focus recently, yet there are now doubts about the growth there.

Hoping it won't be the neoRiviera!

Last time Intried to do a repo via the Duez (with MDC) it git completely moved to the Canaries. Second attempt to get transit the Siez next year.

I do share your view TomVet, with all these changing plans, by cruise lines, it makes me somewhT nervous about booking a lot in advance. Then again, if I hang off to close to the time, who's to say if there will be availability.

China does appear to be getting a lot more focus recently, yet there are now doubts about the growth there.

I can't help thinking China will be a 'one hit wonder' and ships will return to the Med and Caribbean with over capacity! Well I can live in hope but I am hopeful! All across the board whether it is food, cruises, oil - China has yet to prove it is the goldmine that everyone thought / thinks it is going to be!