Empress of the Seas Upselling

DW and I just returned from a 5 night cruise on Empress of the Seas. This was our 8th cruise, 2nd with Royal Caribbean. The previous RCCL cruise was 3 years ago on Independence. I thought we were approached with upselling for Chops and the Spa more times on this cruise than any other time we've cruised. Have others noticed this trend? Is it a trend throughout RCCL? Or just a unique initiative specific to Empress? Or were we "hit" more times because Empress is a smaller ship? We'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

DW and I just returned from a 5 night cruise on Empress of the Seas. This was our 8th cruise, 2nd with Royal Caribbean. The previous RCCL cruise was 3 years ago on Independence. I thought we were approached with upselling for Chops and the Spa more times on this cruise than any other time we've cruised. Have others noticed this trend? Is it a trend throughout RCCL? Or just a unique initiative specific to Empress? Or were we "hit" more times because Empress is a smaller ship? We'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Yes, it was absolutely ridiculous on our recent Freedom cruise for specialty dining. During dinner in the MDR trying to sell a Wine Pairing dinner and something else at Vintages I think. The head waiter noticed our groups affinity for wine and went to town. Got old very quickly!

Yes, it was absolutely ridiculous on our recent Freedom cruise for specialty dining. During dinner in the MDR trying to sell a Wine Pairing dinner and something else at Vintages I think. The head waiter noticed our groups affinity for wine and went to town. Got old very quickly!

Agreed. It did get tiresome on the Freedom last week during dinner, there was constant upselling for the Chef's Table, galley tour, and wine tasting. The upsell did not ruin our cruise, but it was annoying. There was about twice as much upselling on our recent RCCL cruise than we have ever experienced in the past.

In 30 or so cruises I can count on 1 hand the number to times I/we have been approached with upsale propositions. We must not look approachable. I guess I/we just march on by and don't give them time to ask or we look the other way when we see the salespeople.

In 30 or so cruises I can count on 1 hand the number to times I/we have been approached with upsale propositions. We must not look approachable. I guess I/we just march on by and don't give them time to ask or we look the other way when we see the salespeople.

A year or so ago I would have said the same thing. Not so much anymore.

It has changed. On Navigator, the gentleman pushing Sabor (every day) was trying to convince me that there were off menu items that could be provided. I don't know if they were planning to get food for me from other restaurants, or what. :rolleyes: I declined the reservation offers.

A year or so ago I would have said the same thing. Not so much anymore.

We must not frequent the areas where this is taking place. We were not approached on Oasis in Dec. Will be interested in seeing if same is true on Brilliance next month.

On the Harmony a few weeks ago -- walking through the Promenade was like walking through a straw market in Jamaica. It was beyond obnoxious hearing come look at my watches. check out this necklace. sign up for this offer. Out of all of my cruises, it was definitely the worst.