Anthem OTS Review (It's Trendy)

Not to hijack the thread but rather to continue the Bogo & dining discussion on Anthem....

We too booked bogo for our party of 3. It was $39 Cdn per person, which we thought was still a good value for trying the venues. We were assigned Chops on night one and Jamie's for night 2 both at 7pm. There was a letter in our stateroom when we arrived. We were happy with the choices and times and also with the meals. They were very good.

For the rest of the week, I had pre-booked 5 nights at Coastal Kitchen. We ended up cancelling 3 of those. The food was quite good but honestly the service was terrible. It's such a nice room but it didn't make up for the service. We tried MTD one night as there was a desk for suites to walk up and not wait. Two nights we actually ate at the Windjammer and thought they did a decent buffet. Yes, it's busy even at dinner but like others advise, if you go to the back it's quiet. Overall we were very happy with the Anthem's dining varieties and food quality. We've sailed Celebrity, MSC, NCL & Carnival all more than once and thought this was our favourite thus far. Just a couple extra thoughts for everyone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not to hijack the thread but rather to continue the Bogo & dining discussion on Anthem....

We too booked bogo for our party of 3. It was $39 Cdn per person, which we thought was still a good value for trying the venues. We were assigned Chops on night one and Jamie's for night 2 both at 7pm. There was a letter in our stateroom when we arrived. We were happy with the choices and times and also with the meals. They were very good.

For the rest of the week, I had pre-booked 5 nights at Coastal Kitchen. We ended up cancelling 3 of those. The food was quite good but honestly the service was terrible. It's such a nice room but it didn't make up for the service. We tried MTD one night as there was a desk for suites to walk up and not wait. Two nights we actually ate at the Windjammer and thought they did a decent buffet.

Thanks for the comments and hope OP doesn't mind; there is not a lot of current Anthem dining info available. We did CK last summer and I thought the service was terrible as well. The server had too many people to manage, including a table of the captain and officers one night. We really enjoyed the first night dinner (I think it was filet) but subsequent nights were meh. I think Anthem dining is very inconsistent in terms of quality and it doesn't matter where you eat. That cruise, we really liked WJ.

For the rest of the week, I had pre-booked 5 nights at Coastal Kitchen. We ended up cancelling 3 of those. The food was quite good but honestly the service was terrible. It's such a nice room but it didn't make up for the service. We tried MTD one night as there was a desk for suites to walk up and not wait. Two nights we actually ate at the Windjammer and thought they did a decent buffet. Yes, it's busy even at dinner but like others advise, if you go to the back it's quiet. Overall we were very happy with the Anthem's dining varieties and food quality. We've sailed Celebrity, MSC, NCL & Carnival all more than once and thought this was our favourite thus far. Just a couple extra thoughts for everyone :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Nice review...if you don't mind one more dining package question, I'll fire away...we are on Anthem for the first time in two weeks and have purchased the five night package. I thought I read that you have to select Wonderland for one of the nights...does anyone know if this is true?

Nice review...if you don't mind one more dining package question, I'll fire away...we are on Anthem for the first time in two weeks and have purchased the five night package. I thought I read that you have to select Wonderland for one of the nights...does anyone know if this is true?

I can't find anything that would make that true.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you very much for your great review.I kinda feel funny asking this. We have been on Anthem twice now and have a b2b booked for Dec. Here is my question: What is the Escape room? where is it? and do you have any info on it? We have cruised RCL many times,and the Escape room Escapes me. Help:cool::)

Thank you very much for your great review.I kinda feel funny asking this. We have been on Anthem twice now and have a b2b booked for Dec. Here is my question: What is the Escape room? where is it? and do you have any info on it? We have cruised RCL many times,and the Escape room Escapes me. Help:cool::)

It takes place in the fuel teen club during the afternoon. Watch your cruise planner and you should be able to reserve it online. It came up about 70 days out. The idea behind it is solving clues to escape the room. You have an hour to complete it.

Thank you so much for your thorough review. You are making me even more excited to sail on Anthem in May.

Can you explain a little bit more about Escape Room? Is this the same thing that others are calling "puzzle room?" How did you sign up for it? I can't find anything about it in my cruise planner. Thanks in advance!

Thank you so much for your thorough review. You are making me even more excited to sail on Anthem in May.

Can you explain a little bit more about Escape Room? Is this the same thing that others are calling "puzzle room?" How did you sign up for it? I can't find anything about it in my cruise planner. Thanks in advance!

Yes, it is a puzzle room. On anthem the theme is "Escape from the Future". Signed up via the cruise planner on Royal's website about 70 days out. Check back every day and look under activities. If you cannot do it on the cruise planner make it a priority to do it as soon as you get on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums