Steam rooms & saunas - free?

ComeSailWithME

I was just sifting through the last few pages of the 'secrets they don't want you to know about' thread and though I saw mention of the steam room & sauna being free to use? Can anyone attest to that? What about the showers?

Isn't there a daily or weekly charge to use some of the amenities? What does that include?

I was just sifting through the last few pages of the 'secrets they don't want you to know about' thread and though I saw mention of the steam room & sauna being free to use? Can anyone attest to that? What about the showers?

Isn't there a daily or weekly charge to use some of the amenities? What does that include?

On Valor there is no extra charge to use the steam room and sauna or showers.

So do I just go there and I won't be questioned, or?

I never have been to any of the spas onboard.

Yes, you will find them in the locker room area. No one will ask you a thing, unless you stop at the desk to get a locker. Then you just give them your S&S card and you can use the gym, steam, sauna and shower as much as you desire.

Ok, 20 questions continue:

What type of amenities does the locker room/shower area have? Is the shower stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, shaving cream? Is there a common area with hairdryers, hair products, etc? These are typical things I have seen in other spas. Just don't know if I need to come fully equipped or what.

I am assuming there are plenty of towels and maybe even robes available?

Ok, 20 questions continue:

What type of amenities does the locker room/shower area have? Is the shower stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, shaving cream? Is there a common area with hairdryers, hair products, etc? These are typical things I have seen in other spas. Just don't know if I need to come fully equipped or what.

I am assuming there are plenty of towels and maybe even robes available?

Robes are in your cabin, and you need to keep up with it if you are wearing it around the ship. Looks funny to me, but seen people show up to breakfast in them.

The only ships that have a pay spa option are splendor and the 3 dream class ships and soon sunshine. there are no other ships that have any option to buy more spa stuff like what you mention. Of course its not free if you want services, like massages.. but the steam room and sauna is free .. for what they are worth. Id rather be on deck by the pool.

I only go to the spa for the free treadmills.

Wow, I thought there was a charge for the steam/sauna too. I will be sailing on the Conquest this Sunday so this thread is a great find!

When you say they hold your s&s card for the locker, is that just to keep up with who has a locker? No charge??!!

Im sure there is no charge..but I never did the locker thing.

Dont drink up all the wine .. I will be boarding conquest as you get off.. save some for me and our group. I know there will be some drinkers among us.

Im sure there is no charge..but I never did the locker thing.

Dont drink up all the wine .. I will be boarding conquest as you get off.. save some for me and our group. I know there will be some drinkers among us.

Thanks Firefly...I used to be a pretty big wine drinker, now only on occasion. I hope you don't have some Stoli drinkers with you!!:p

Correct, no charge.

Thanks so much!

I read that someone took an email from Carnival stating they were free and had to show it to the staff to get access because they were acting like they didn't know it was free of charge. Hopefully we won't have this problem.

Do you know if it is stated somewhere on Carnival's site so that I can print it out and have it on hand?

Thanks Firefly...I used to be a pretty big wine drinker, now only on occasion. I hope you don't have some Stoli drinkers with you!!:p

Thanks so much!

I read that someone took an email from Carnival stating they were free and had to show it to the staff to get access because they were acting like they didn't know it was free of charge. Hopefully we won't have this problem.

Do you know if it is stated somewhere on Carnival's site so that I can print it out and have it on hand?

Not sure what ship they were on, but with the Conquest class ships it wont be an issue, its doubtful you will even run into staff, other than the cleaning crew in the locker room. I really wouldnt worry about having any issues whatsoever.

Not sure what ship they were on, but with the Conquest class ships it wont be an issue, its doubtful you will even run into staff, other than the cleaning crew in the locker room. I really wouldnt worry about having any issues whatsoever.

It was the Magic...the letter stated the steam room was free.

But, thank you for the quick response. I am so happy to hear this news. Not that we will use it every day; probably twice. But that is twice more than we would have had I not found this thread!!

It was the Magic...the letter stated the steam room was free.

But, thank you for the quick response. I am so happy to hear this news. Not that we will use it every day; probably twice. But that is twice more than we would have had I not found this thread!!

You are welcome

The wet sauna is great..I love the eucalyptus, really opens me up.

I know on the ships with cloud 9 spas...there is a free steam room, there has even been people saying that a free one didnt exist, so I can see why there was some confusion. Quite a few thread on the topic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1560425

I know they used to have samples and stuff in the spa sometimes. On the Conquest, there were samples of "Just for Men" in the men's spa. A friend got hold of it and colored his hair. Left it on a wee bit too long and it went to Jet black! (he was completely gray to begin with....)

are the larger showers. This comes in real handy when there are many people in your cabin. The ceiling is higher in there too. They supply shampoo and shower gel but I always wear flip flops in the shower. They also have lots of towels in the shower areas so you don't need to bring your cabin towels to the spa.

I know they used to have samples and stuff in the spa sometimes. On the Conquest, there were samples of "Just for Men" in the men's spa. A friend got hold of it and colored his hair. Left it on a wee bit too long and it went to Jet black! (he was completely gray to begin with....)

Thats funny I was just getting ready to type this Lol

I think I saw razors too

Archived