Message boards on doors....advice

We took some cheap magnetic boards on our last cruise...magnets were so weak it fell off the door whenever we closed it. But, it was great for leaving notes to the steward. Once when we did leave it on the door, someone erased what was on there so it wasn't very useful. We had keys to each others cabins, and also used sticky notes -- posted them on the wall so you'd see them when you opened the door.

Edited by widallas
spelling

We always take our dry-erase message boards for our cabin doors to let everyone know what's going on. Sometimes other passengers leave us notes as well. :D

On our last cruise a couple of cabins down from ours someone had a white dry erase board on their cabin door. One morning around day 4 of the cruise I walked by it and saw nothing was on it. So I stopped and printed Knock Knock...on it. The Knock Knock jokes went on for the rest of the cruise. One evening we saw the occupant's of the cabin stop and read the ongoing jokes. They laughed and said something to each other as they entered their cabin.

We buy the cheap dry erase ones from the dollar store and they work great. It's just me and my wife so if we go separate ways during the day we just write down where we're at. You get the occasional idiot that writes something stupid and/or inappropriate which is why the cheap dry erase is nice because easy to clean.

Usually we don't have issues with the magnets but the adhesive from the magnets to the board gets weak by the end. We usually just throw them out the last day, one less thing to bring home.

I brought these on my last two cruises and they worked great for our three cabins. I gave the 4 th to a neighbor who told me she had "cruise envy" when I was putting ours up. We got some nice messages & pics from neighbors. Never anything "naughty" and we even just got back from a spring break cruise. They were also helpful when looking for our cabin.

7683042ba4d80dd90b6a18f05f6e140f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were traveling with two cabins of kids. It really helped with plans on what time to meet for dinner, the show, excursions or daily plans. It also allowed us to get together for several trivia games. We didn't have keys to each other's rooms so there was no way to leave a note for someone that was in another room, inside the room.

We did a family cruise a last year and had them. People tended to write obscene messages on them or draw obscene pictures.

We had yellow sticky notes on our door, and a pen to communicate with one another. The pen needed to be replaced at least half a dozen times (why would people steal pens??), and had a bunch of obscene pictures and messages. That said, we also had some cute notes from fellow passengers too,

Thanks for posting this. We will be cruising in January with both our married daughters and Husbands so this will come in handy.We all have different likes so we will be going in 6 different directions

I brought these on my last two cruises and they worked great for our three cabins. I gave the 4 th to a neighbor who told me she had "cruise envy" when I was putting ours up. We got some nice messages & pics from neighbors. Never anything "naughty" and we even just got back from a spring break cruise. They were also helpful when looking for our cabin.

7683042ba4d80dd90b6a18f05f6e140f.jpg

Interesting responses to the OP's question of whether magnetized boss's work and if anyone had other suggestions. There were some helpful answers, but also someone taking the opportunity to tell them door decorations and message boards are eyesores. Nice, coming after several people endorsed the idea and said they do it. I always wonder what makes a person want to belittle people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The dollar store dry erase magnetic boards are great. We were next to one of the big suites last spring & the woman in it said she thought it was tacky then I saw her putting a message on it. People are just weird.