Onboard Preferences

rachelfran

If you have a very specific request, they'll do what they can to procure it for you. In Tallinn a couple years ago, they picked up four or five choices on special request because my suitemate was not happy with any of the ones that were available (which I recall were things like Heinekin, Amstel, Stella Artois).

You can request whatever beer you'd like. They might not be able to find it and even if they do they may not bring enough on for the duration. We had a few people on the last cruise that went through their Seabourn provided beer before the cruise was half way over.

I must tell you on our first Seaboun cruise we had no beer in our frig., well I was at the Sky bar and had a Heinekin at sail away then returned to Room and there it was in the Frig..How do you beat that for service!!!!!:

• 2 weeks later...
Is it enough to request what you would like on Seabourn's "My Onboard Preferences" ?

It depends. If what you want is fairly common (eg: Hedricks Gin) then the online preferences are fine. If what you want is a bit less common (eg: Stoli Elit, Makers 46, Eagle Rare, Cock & Bull Ginger Beer) then onboard preferences plus a chat with the bar or f&b manager (not sure who you go through on the bigger ships) may be necessary, even then it may never materialize.

Don't get too stressed about what is in your frig. Somehow the wrong wines usually show up in our suite but are quickly and cheerfully replaced with ones closer to our preference. And frankly we rarely drink in our suite -- much more fun to drink while socialize with new and old friends at one of the public venues. Though our supplied wines did come in handy at the in suite cocktail party we had on our recent Legend cruise when there was a little hiccup with room service.

When I cruised on Seabourn Legend last November, I asked for Heineken and Miller Lite in my cabin. There was no Miller Lite available when I boarded, but at our first port of call, someone went out and bought some Miller Lite to stock my fridge. They really do aim to please.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

here in belguim we say :a horse drink Stella Artois and pisses Heineken.

Sometimes they have DUVEL,a strong blond one,worth traying.

If not aboard,ask for it.

No doubt Leffe is lovely ( also Belguim beer )most of the time they only serve the blond one, but IMO the dark is even better.

Schol