Next To Lift Suites

BristolGolfer

Having had a VERY bad experience with a balcony chain smoker next door to us we are looking at the suites next to the lifts, example 521, as the space upwind between us and the neighbour is substantial.

Any positive or negative feedback appreciated.

Regards

V & H

Having had a VERY bad experience with a balcony chain smoker next door to us we are looking at the suites next to the lifts, example 521, as the space upwind between us and the neighbour is substantial.

Any positive or negative feedback appreciated.

Great idea! Now everyone on this board will be trying to book 521!

If you are worried about lift noise, don't worry about it. You cannot hear a thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear these comments about no noise from elevators. I have a choice of 621 or 658 on Seabourn Sojourn. 621 is right next to midships elevators so I was concerned about elevator noise. However 658 is the very end cabin adjacent to the main stairwell. Any opinions please on the best choice??

Glad to hear these comments about no noise from elevators. I have a choice of 621 or 658 on Seabourn Sojourn. 621 is right next to midships elevators so I was concerned about elevator noise. However 658 is the very end cabin adjacent to the main stairwell. Any opinions please on the best choice??

If your concern is noise, it is not an issue on either cabin.

If you are going to Antarctica or TA, I would pick 658 because of less possible motion. Otherwise, no difference.

If your concern is noise, it is not an issue on either cabin.

If you are going to Antarctica or TA, I would pick 658 because of less possible motion. Otherwise, no difference.

Both 658 and 621 are equal in distance from their respective "end" of the ship.

But I would still go for 658 :)

Thanks for helpful opinions. So the person who said they would go for 658 - was the reason that it is more central? I suppose it would have the advantage of being close to all the social amenities.

I mistakenly thought it was more central to the ship, but I have been corrected.

621 is only one elevator ride away from the Observation lounge. 658 is closer to other areas.

Now I'm a bit confused! 658 is still more 'midships' though isn't it? I know the further you are down the bow end the more likely to get anchor noise. Although it's next to the main stairway, I don't suppose there would be too much guest noise, since it's not on the club deck for example. Would you still go for 658??

Now I'm a bit confused! 658 is still more 'midships' though isn't it? I know the further you are down the bow end the more likely to get anchor noise. Although it's next to the main stairway, I don't suppose there would be too much guest noise, since it's not on the club deck for example. Would you still go for 658??

Anchor noise is definitely not an issue on either 621 or 658. It may be an issue in 401 and 402.

Other noise - guests, stairs, etc - not an issue either in 621 or 658. Truly, you can flip a coin and be happy with the outcome. Yes, 658 is slightly more to the center.