QM 2 Transatlantic Crossing - Jul 14 - 1st Voyage - So Excited !

WalkAboutTheWorld

What I have started doing two months ago is print out all the Transatlantic crossing and put each page in a plastic sleeve cover then into a binder. I repeat this each month so that I can keep track on just when and how many crossings are reduced in price and then compare them. Sound boring but it is rather fun to do. I am a great planner by nature and everything for me has to be well planned from beginning to end. That's who I am. Sometimes ,I think about getting a cabin mate to reduce cost ..maybe one day.

Not sure about Cunard, but some cruise lines will match you with a roommate. You may want to check with Cunard and perhaps some of the more experienced Cunard travelers can tell you for sure. If you decide to go round trip, make sure you price out the round trip and compare it to both one way trips. I just did this yesterday on the Dec 2016 one and it was over $500 cheaper to book the trips separately instead of going with the round trip. I didn't include port charges, but did do a dummy booking for one person traveling. Of course that may mean you have to change cabins. Not sure about rechecking in at port either, but it may be worth it.

In the end I'm keeping the same husband and the same rather shabby tux for him :) I'm hoping that the cleaner and the tailor make at least one of them look a little more polished!

Not sure about Cunard, but some cruise lines will match you with a roommate. You may want to check with Cunard and perhaps some of the more experienced Cunard travelers can tell you for sure. If you decide to go round trip, make sure you price out the round trip and compare it to both one way trips. I just did this yesterday on the Dec 2016 one and it was over $500 cheaper to book the trips separately instead of going with the round trip. I didn't include port charges, but did do a dummy booking for one person traveling. Of course that may mean you have to change cabins. Not sure about rechecking in at port either, but it may be worth it.

Correction to my prices. I didn't carry a one when I did my math and the round trip was slightly cheaper then doing two one way trips. Should have used a calculator.

I can't believe that we leave tomorrow! I started packing yesterday with so much to do today. We probably won't arrive at the pier until about 1:00. We do have a dinner reservation at Todd English for Tuesday night, the dining room is typically a bit of a disaster the first night and I want to avoid that. I will check out where our dinner table is soon after boarding though to make sure it is what we requested and make any changes, if necessary. Will also need to make spa reservations; can't wait!

I can't believe that we leave tomorrow!

Me too ! :D I had the weirdest dream last night - nervousness and anticipation I suppose.. In my dream, I had just flown to England and I was the pilot! I was flying with all my friends and when we got to London I had parked the plane in the wrong place and the TSA was coming out to talk to me about it and the other pilots were s******ing. I was about to schedule a tour of the countryside when I woke up with the most awful headache :( Flying is hard work!

Hello

As one who has sailed SOLO on the QE2 and QM2 many times I just know you will have a wonderful time if you make the effort to reach out to others and exude a friendly attitude that says you are here to have a good time.

May I make one suggestion: Solo travelers can find the various parties an awkward experience. I mostly mean for you as a first timer the Captains reception. I highly recommend you get in line early so you are one of the first entrants. That way you can find a seat which go quickly as the room fills up. You will find many fellow passengers will want to join you. Think of the people you can meet.

For this party you should get there early otherwise you will easily end up alone and standing without a seat. That is no fun.

Good luck to you and know many of use will be traveling with you in spirit.

deck Chair.

• 2 weeks later...