Does crew attitude change on the last day?

Runaways

Most likely it is not the "attitude" that changes, but the amount of time staff have to interact with departing passengers. It should be obvious that change-over day has to be particularly demanding -- meaning that there simply is not as much time for staff to stop doing what they are trying to get done.

Most likely it is not the "attitude" that changes, but the amount of time staff have to interact with departing passengers. It should be obvious that change-over day has to be particularly demanding -- meaning that there simply is not as much time for staff to stop doing what they are trying to get done.

Crew being busy on changeover day is clearly obvious: However, a smile and eye contact takes no time and leaves departing passengers feeling good about their whole cruise experience.

Reminds me of someone on another forum who said the reasons the crew attitude "changes" on the last day is because they are probably so sad to see us leave (because they have formed such attachments to us don'tcha know) that they need to separate and be stern to keep a stiff upper lip so they don't get overemotional, etc.

Bwa ha!!! They actually believed it too. :rolleyes:

Edited by Cruising Jedi

Reminds me of someone on another forum who said the reasons the crew attitude "changes" on the last day is because they are probably so sad to see us leave (because they have formed such attachments to us don'tcha know) that they need to separate and be stern to keep a stiff upper lip so they don't get overemotional, etc.

Bwa ha!!! They actually believed it too. :rolleyes:

Love this - so funny!

We were in our cabin on our last dty (not Cunard!), it was only 8 am and we had already had breakfast.

I sat down for a minute when the steward just walked in, stripped the bed and left the sheets at our feet.

We were shocked for a minute, but ended up leaving the cabin in hysterics.. seeing the funny side. On reflection, it wasn't right though

We were in our cabin on our last day (not Cunard!), it was only 8 am and we had already had breakfast.

I sat down for a minute when the steward just walked in, stripped the bed and left the sheets at our feet.

We were shocked for a minute, but ended up leaving the cabin in hysterics.. seeing the funny side. On reflection, it wasn't right though

No, it isn't right. I get that they're in a time crunch, but that was very rude. I worked as a waitress in a restaurant through my college days and my boss would make me start vacuuming the dining room when customers were still eating!