Has anyone heard from the Cunard Clothes Police?

alibabacruisers

Has anyone heard from Whitemarsh or Louise D, the Cunard Clothes Police? I haven't seen any posts for over a year and hope they are doing ok. Miss their posts.....

Last chat with Peter, aka Whitemarsh,was in February of this year. He was fine. I miss him here as well. He was honest, as well as colorful. I always enjoyed his posts. He loved posting photos. Much fun!

Jeanne

Whilst I've not heard (by email) from Whitemarsh for a very long time, Louise D and I do exchange emails several times a year, I can assure you that she is very well and extremely happy.

I understand that Peter (Whitemarsh) has other interests currently that take up his time.

Whilst I've yet to meet Peter, I had the honour and pleasure to take Louise D to lunch (during her visit to London Jan. '14) shortly before she joined a world cruise at Southampton. She is the most charming, observant and intelligent of people.

Like others here, I do sincerely miss their posts, and would welcome their witty comments again :)

Edited by pepperrn

Has anyone heard from Whitemarsh or Louise D, the Cunard Clothes Police? I haven't seen any posts for over a year and hope they are doing ok. Miss their posts.....

We've done most of our cruising in the last few years on Celebrity. Our fashion police(me & others) are quite active. Celebrity seems to be sliding down hill quickly on proper dress. The Eclipse(our favorite)seems to be still pretty formal, but there are posters who feel it's their God given right to dress as shabbily as they wish. The dresscode blog is quite a bit of fun,actually it's is own site to group us together. I do miss Whitemarsh. He was always spot on with a lot of his comments. Luckily, I can always count on Salacia's posts to keep me informed as to the doings on board. I also Miss "Jim'sGirl". We had the pleasure of dining on light snacks with her a few times in Sir Samuals. I know about her stroke, but keep hoping she'll get back to cruising.

Hi keithm

I've just spoken to Lynn (Jimsgirl) - I call her landline via Skype - and she's well and still enjoying life. Her hands aren't so good though - they don't always behave as she wants them to since her stroke - so typing can be difficult hence her not posting. She still doesn't think she'll be able to cruise again but you never know......

I met both Louise and Whitemarsh on the 2014 world cruise on QE. Both nice people and both completely different from their image here on the forum. Whitmarsh is much quieter than I ever imagined he would be, and so was Louise. Funny how you build up an image of someone before you meet them. When you do you find they are nowhere near what you have imagined.:)

I liked them both and as noted I miss their posts.

However, after meeting Whitmarsh I can never see him in the same light as his forum persona he is so different in real life. :)

On the same world cruise, there was a lady who gave out the impression before the cruise as been a great ballroom dancer and we all have great expectations of her. Again a lovely lady but nothing like the impression portrayed and we never got to see her dance. ;)

Yes, I have missed the musing antics of the Fashion Police too.

Maybe someone should start a thread about the current state of fashion on the ships to entice them ??

Hello Maggiemou, from a stranger but I feel I know about you since I really enjoyed your book. :)

Yes, I have missed the musing antics of the Fashion Police too.

Maybe someone should start a thread about the current state of fashion on the ships to entice them ??

Hello Maggiemou, from a stranger but I feel I know about you since I really enjoyed your book. :)

Hello DDBRINK, and thank you for reading my book. I certainly had a good time on the world cruises writing it and it has many happy memories for me. I had fun with it. I am no Jackie Collins but I tried. :) Hope we meet on Cunard one day in the future. Happy Cruising ! :)

BTW. with my 40 pairs of shoes and well over 100 dresses on a world cruise I think I was Queen of the fashion police on Cunard. :D

Hello DDBRINK, and thank you for reading my book. I certainly had a good time on the world cruises writing it and it has many happy memories for me. I had fun with it. I am no Jackie Collins but I tried. :) Hope we meet on Cunard one day in the future. Happy Cruising ! :)

BTW. with my 40 pairs of shoes and well over 100 dresses on a world cruise I think I was Queen of the fashion police on Cunard. :D

Yes that was my greatest laugh about your adventures. Your Shoes and Wardrobe. My friends at work asked me what I was reading since I read many books and I went on to explain that it was your book on your World Adventures in Cruising. We chuckled about how much packing you must organize to get all the things you have into your luggage.

I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to packing for a trip but I am a guy that likes to dress up for dinner on a voyage. So I have several suits/tuxes and special suit cases for Cruising. But just the bare brown, black pairs of shoes.

Good travels and yes meeting you on a voyage would be great fun. And you would never be banned from my table for dressing well for dinner. :)

Yes that was my greatest laugh about your adventures. Your Shoes and Wardrobe. My friends at work asked me what I was reading since I read many books and I went on to explain that it was your book on your World Adventures in Cruising. We chuckled about how much packing you must organize to get all the things you have into your luggage.

I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to packing for a trip but I am a guy that likes to dress up for dinner on a voyage. So I have several suits/tuxes and special suit cases for Cruising. But just the bare brown, black pairs of shoes.

Good travels and yes meeting you on a voyage would be great fun. And you would never be banned from my table for dressing well for dinner. :)

I always love George Gobel's line on the Johnny Carson show years back.."Did you ever feel the world is a room full of tuxedos & you're the one pair of brown shoes?" Watch a few of the pax on formal night & you'll really get the joke!

I always love George Gobel's line on the Johnny Carson show years back.."Did you ever feel the world is a room full of tuxedos & you're the one pair of brown shoes?" Watch a few of the pax on formal night & you'll really get the joke!

Yes exactly, I have seen the shoe issue. Brown shoes Black tux :eek:

Miss the Cunard Fashion Police? Be still my fluttering heart.

As has been observed in other threads, the Cunard practices as to the level of formality in dress seem to have dropped markedly since the 2014 World Cruises. The number of formal nights has been significantly decreased, and the staff on board the ships seem to have become more tolerant of dress code flouters.

Some of the more astute of you may have noticed that Whitemarsh and I stopped posting around the time of the above change. This was not a coincidence. Unwilling to directly challenge us and in order to get the changes through, Cunard sent a swat team to capture us both at the end of the 2014 world cruises and then consigned us to eternal purgatory in the notorious cabin 8129 adjacent to the ladies and gents toilets on deck 8 of the QM2.

For the next 12 months we were confined in that abysmal hole, and forced to dine on endless rations of smoked salmon, caviar, the best French champagne and chocolate truffles. I believe it was Cunard’s intention that Whitemarsh and I would become morbidly obese, lose the use of our limbs, no longer fit any of our high fashion garments, fall into despair and expire. I am sure that they planned that one dark night, in a heavy swell, we would be rolled overboard.

Yet we triumphed against their evil machinations. Calling in aid “Rosalind” and the spirit of “Sir Martin” we bewitched our steward into providing us with the necessary ingredients for a fatal brew. This brew required 10 crates of Pol Acker, 5 large bottles of “Lady Gaga – Fame” perfume (eeeek), a hundredweight of rotten lobster carcases, and the sparklers from 150 bombe alaskas. Mixing the heady brew and then setting it alight with the sparklers was accomplished in a trice, and we then directed the fumes into the air conditioning ducts leading from cabin 8129 straight to the Bridge.

Within 5 minutes of despatch of the fumes, terrible groans and curses reverberated through the air conditioning ducts and the voice of the Captain could clearly be heard, demanding the source of the foul stench be investigated. We heard the sound of running feet coming up the corridor and stop outside the door to the cabin.

I won’t go into detail of all that was said (we have signed a confidentiality agreement) but the upshot was that because of the dreadful stench we had created, (and the fact that we had consumed all the caviar and French champagne on board), Cunard agreed to release us from our confinement and drop us off at the next port.

However, as part of the negotiated deal for our release, we had to agree to never travel on a Cunard ship again.

So there ends the tale of Whitemarsh and Louise D and the Cunard Fashion Police.

Sic transit finis aetatis

Miss the Cunard Fashion Police? Be still my fluttering heart.

Sic transit finis aetatis

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Louise...be still MY beating heart!.. Good to hear from you again...

ps...lol...that explains the scratchings from the door of 8129 and the odd stench of chanel no 5 and brut in the companionways...

Dont be a stranger....regards Roscoe

Hello Louise D, Love your humour.:)

Nice to see you posting again. Hope you are well and I have to say I agree the 2014 world cruise on QE was probably the last world cruise where almost every one obeyed the dress code. Those that didn't were sent away to a place more suitable for their actions of not dressing appropriately. :)

It seems things are now not been monitored by the fashion police or even the staff which is such a shame as it was always what endeared us to Cunard for years.

We still cruise Cunard and we still dress up. Long may others all do the same.

Give my regards to Whitemarsh if you are still in touch. It was lovely to meet you both and we had fun in the Yacht Club. We will be in Oz again next year on QE. Take care and carry on cruising. :)

Edited by maggiemou

Hello again Pepperrn, Roscoe39, Fantasy51 and Maggiemou,

It is nice to hear from a few old friends at Cruise Critic, and reminisce about the Cunard we enjoyed in the days of the QE2 and the newer ships in the early 2000s.

I will pass on your good wishes to Whitemarsh - we remain fast friends but we both have other interests and commitments now that don't leave time for cruising.

Maggiemou - it is great that you are still cruising on QE and wearing your colourful fashions. I do recall the lady you mentioned who often mentioned her dancing abilities prior to the cruise. I say no more - other than to note that there are some very eccentric characters to be found on Cunard ships.

All good wishes to both of you, Louise and Whitemarsh.

Cruising is fantastic, but it is only one way to make one's life enjoyable. While we all miss you both here, it's good to know that life is still fun for you, whatever you are doing.

Keep looking fantastic!