Nordic Quest Reykjavik to Stockholm July 19-July 29, 2016

silkman

I am aware that individual cruise dialogue should be posted on the roll call for that particular cruise. Unfortunately, the roll call is VERY sparse.

I am trying to organize private excursions, but only one person has responded. I have organized private excursions on Oceania cruises previously, with no problems. I noticed on an Oceania cruise with many of the same ports the same month, they have already organized many private excursions.I know it is still early , but I really don't want to have to take the ship's excursions. Also some of the ports are small, and not many guides...so getting them early is important.

So.......if anyone on the Nordic Quest sees this post and is interested in private excursions go to the roll call...or e-mail me at rmsilkataoldotcom.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard,

I'm intrigued at this itinerary because I've never seen an Oceania itinerary that started out in Iceland before. It may be a good time to book air on Icelandic!

I don't really have guide information for you. But we did Reykjavik and the Faroes on Insignia in July 2006. In our case we had a pre-formed group of 8 (I know, I realize your problem in doing so) and we rented cars in both places. In Reykjavik we had two cars; in the Faores we had one van that held all of us comfortably. We had determined where to go previously and it worked out fine.

We didn't do the other ports on your itinerary (other than the major cities).

Mura

Richard,

I'm intrigued at this itinerary because I've never seen an Oceania itinerary that started out in Iceland before. It may be a good time to book air on Icelandic!

I don't really have guide information for you. But we did Reykjavik and the Faroes on Insignia in July 2006. In our case we had a pre-formed group of 8 (I know, I realize your problem in doing so) and we rented cars in both places. In Reykjavik we had two cars; in the Faores we had one van that held all of us comfortably. We had determined where to go previously and it worked out fine.

We didn't do the other ports on your itinerary (other than the major cities).

Mura

Thanks Mura,

I've already done a lot of research(including getting info from CC members on previous cruises that included many of the same ports). I've found what I think will be excellent guides. Now I just have to find some participants to join me. :rolleyes:

Icelandic has excellent non-stop business (saga) class fares to Iceland from Newark which works for me. Not sure about return from Stockholm as Icelandic does not fly from there. I might do better using Oceania's air deviation.

• 3 months later...

Hi Richard. We booked last May/15 for the Nordic Quest and are interested in private tours. I have just begun to look at CC and this roll call. We have made only one other O cruise and one NCL cruise, so we could still be considered relative 'newbies'. Are you still looking for others to join you on private tours? --Nancy

Hi Richard. We booked last May/15 for the Nordic Quest and are interested in private tours. I have just begun to look at CC and this roll call. We have made only one other O cruise and one NCL cruise, so we could still be considered relative 'newbies'. Are you still looking for others to join you on private tours? --Nancy

Hi Nancy,

The only private tour I still have openings on is the Faroe Islands.

If you are interested,send me an E-mail at rmsilkataoldotcom and I will send you more info.

Also if you are arriving in Reykjavik early, I might be interested in joining others for a private excursion there.

You might want to join our roll call, as the"regulars" on CC will probably chime in that this thread would be more appropriate on our roll call.

Richard

I am aware that individual cruise dialogue should be posted on the roll call for that particular cruise. Unfortunately, the roll call is VERY sparse.

I am trying to organize private excursions, but only one person has

Hi Silkman,

As you are aware, Your Roll Call is the place for such questions. This forum is for general Oceania discussion.

Enjoy your Cruise. This thread is now closed.