Oceania bedside clock

Ka Honu

the mirror over the desk is just a mirror

I guess the magnifying mirror was on Concierge cabin

I do not pay attention to things that do not matter to me :D

I think the headboard & sofa is a blue /gray colour

:eek: I sure don't want to take up anymore space in that small closet by putting our suitcases in there. Both of our suitcases are 27" including wheels and handle...all canvas material. The smaller suitcases are 23" x 14" ...all canvas.

On other cruislines, if the suitcase does not slide under the bed, directly, we have been able to easily lift the bed to get them under. There has always been plenty of height.

We are not in a Concierge stateroom, either. Will there be a stand alone magnifying mirror in the Verandah?

Flatbush Flyer - Maybe color is a female thing. :o While I love light and bright, I do not like gray. I think the color quite depressing. :(

Your suitcases can and will be taken away and brought back the day before you disembark so you can pack..easy peasy..

Jancruz1

We asked our room steward to store our largest bag (29" hard side) once because it wouldn't fit under the bed. Without insulting us, he unzipped the bag, opened it up, and slide it easily under the bed :D

That is exactly what our room steward did for our luggage that would not fit under the bed. When opened flat we were able to get the two large suitcases under the bed. Now we do it all the time.

And fit the smaller ones inside the opened suitcases. ;) I think we have a plan!

the mirror over the desk is just a mirror

I guess the magnifying mirror was on Concierge cabin

I do not pay attention to things that do not matter to me :D

I think the headboard & sofa is a blue /gray colour

Have to confess that I don't remember the upholstery in all of the cabins we've been on Oceania's ships (including all the "R" ships and Marina) BUT I'm sure none of them were grey!!

But don't take my word for it ...

Closets on Marina/Riviera are much larger than those on the "R" ships. I'm going by PH, OC and VS cabins on Marina which are the only ones we've been in. They are very generous sized walk-in closets.

We never had a problem with closets on the "R" ships (Veranda, PH, VS and OS most mostly PH) in that we had plenty of storage for our belongings, but they are indeed smaller than the Marina cabins we've been in.

Mura

We are in a standard Verandah, so no walk-in for us. :(

I didn't mean to cause a color debate out of this "clock" thread. :D However, my daughter, the decorator and has the same eye for color that I do, says that the sofa in the laundry room is definitely gray/grey, but she was also not sure of the stateroom. LOL This could become the next "dress" debate to go viral. :D

I might as well keep going with the questions and not waste another thread.

My husband wants to know if we get the drink package, do we still need to sign slips, or do we just show our card? With the drink package on Celebrity, only the card needs to be shown and no pesky signing.

Can we order room service drinks with the package? I assume that there would be an extra service charge + a tip to order drinks in the stateroom?

I realize that thick robes and slippers come with each stateroom. May I ask for a thinner bathrobe, like waffle weave? I find the thick robes too heavy and hot any time of the year, but especially in the Caribbean.

Edited by Iamthesea

I think the grey sofa in the laundry room is correct. They weren't looking to complete a color palette I think! But for my memory in the suites (all of them, not just the more expensive ones) it's more pastel. It's certainly not garish but it isn't all that BLAH either. At least not to my eye. I agree, this has been talked to death.

I had gathered from the previous conversation that people must be talking about the lower cabin levels when complaining about the closet space ... but thought it was at least worth mentioning that in the higher suites on the new ships it's quite different.

We haven't taken the drink package but from what I see here you present the card the first time, no signing of chits. It may be that some people are remembered by a server and so only show it the first time ... but I wouldn't dare guarantee that you won't have to show it again. But you won't have to sign.

I've never seen a lighter-weight bathrobe myself which is not to say they don't exist. We've never asked for replacements.

Mura

Suitcases fit und the bed.

No shower curtain in the tub. It's a solid see through wall for the splash end.

Looks like we have a hijacked thread....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

The clocks are Howard Miller table clocks. They do not make them anymore as one poster stated that you tip them over and the battery is dead very quickly.

Thank you, Mura!

It would be really nice not to have to show a card at all! ;)

Looks like we have a hijacked thread....:mad:

The clocks are Howard Miller table clocks. They do not make them anymore as one poster stated that you tip them over and the battery is dead very quickly.

Why be mad? This is an old thread. Being a seasoned CC member, I take the suggestion of many posters that say "do a search" for your answers to questions before starting a new thread. I try my best to find answers that way before posting a new thread. ;) I wanted an answer about the bedside clock and found this thread from April. As long as the thread was resurrected, decided to ask questions here. Hopefully the thread has been beneficial to other new Oceania cruisers (although they will first have to read through the "clock" post and decide for themselves what color the upholstery is.) :D

I'll try not to ask anymore questions. :(:o

Edited by Iamthesea

My husband wants to know if we get the drink package, do we still need to sign slips, or do we just show our card? With the drink package on Celebrity, only the card needs to be shown and no pesky signing.

Yes, signing is required on Oceania, but only once per visit in a venue.

Can we order room service drinks with the package? I assume that there would be an extra service charge + a tip to order drinks in the stateroom?

Room Service drinks are included in both versions of the Drinks Package, and the Package Prices already include tips. (an 18% incentive towards ordering yet another one, if you need an excuse to increase your tippling)

I realize that thick robes and slippers come with each stateroom. May I ask for a thinner bathrobe, like waffle weave? I find the thick robes too heavy and hot any time of the year, but especially in the Caribbean.

Your steward will switch the Robe if they have the waffle weave on the ship, but that isn't always the case. If a light Robe is important to you, I'd suggest toting one along.

Thank you!

On Celebrity, the waffle weave robes are offered for the staterooms in a lesser class, but can be requested. I was hoping that Oceania would have the lesser quality robes. I do not want to have to pack a robe when one is provided. ;)

Thank you!

On Celebrity, the waffle weave robes are offered for the staterooms in a lesser class, but can be requested. I was hoping that Oceania would have the lesser quality robes. I do not want to have to pack a robe when one is provided. ;)

I have only seen the thicker ones