Oceania bedside clock

Ka Honu

Does anyone know the brand/model of the bedside clocks that only light up when you lift them off the bedside table surface?

Thanks.

But that clock and I had a very "rough" relationship on the recent T/A on Rivera. It kept stopping and my room steward told me I couldn't put it on top of anything other than a flat surface...as it ran the battery down. Once I started putting it directly on the night stand...rather than on top of something else...it ran time. Kinda cool the way it lights up when you "tilt it"!! LuAnn

Previous clocks did not light up, these one are newer, maybe with the last makeover??

We always bring our own alarm clock. My DH gets the alarm clock and I use the Oceania clock. This way we both know what time it is if we wake up in the middle of the night.

I thought ours was broken since there was no knob to light it up. Then one dark morning I was searching for my water bottle and tipped the clock and lo and behold it lit up. I thought I had a defective clock but it always lit up when it tipped or got picked up so I was happy.

It's the new clocks which don't light up.

We've asked for the lighting clocks when we had the new ones. They are harder on the batteries. As time goes by, might be impossible to get. Watch the NCL changes thread if someone could get a word in on topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it is a Howard Miller vintage clock. I liked it so much, that I started digging online, and found the almost exact clock at Howard Miller online, it is called the Rosewood Arch. However, they no longer have the light underneath. I did not call Howard Miller to see if they still had the model with the light underneath.

We were on the Nautica last month in a veranda cabin and we were also very pleased with the light function on top of the clock. At night DH checks his phone for the time but I had the clock! I think I also discovered by accident the fuction on top for a light. It very useful if I woke up in the middle of the night and needed to know if I shud turn over or get up for breakfast

I have also checked photos in our cabin and this is the one we had a Casio DQ-583-2EF which is available in three colours. Actually you reminded me that I also wanted one at home, will order it today.

Rosalyn

• 3 months later...

What type of clocks are on the Riviera, now, and do all staterooms have clocks?

Not having to take a clock will save a little room in my suitcase. :) We have never been on any other cruiseline that had clocks unless we were in a Suite.

In a Verandah for our first Oceania cruise. ;) Are the headboards and sofa a light blue or a gray. Hard to tell from photos.

PS - I might as well keep asking questions in this thread. I have read a couple of reviews that mention that luggage will not fit under the beds. :rolleyes: Why is that? We bring 2 medium sized suitcases and 2 carry-ons on most cruise. Have never had trouble fitting them under other cruiseline beds.

Shower curtain in bathtub? Is there a shaving bar for ladies in the shower?

Edited by Iamthesea

I have read a couple of reviews that mention that luggage will not fit under the beds. :rolleyes: Why is that? We bring 2 medium sized suitcases and 2 carry-ons on most cruise. Have never had trouble fitting them under other cruiseline beds.

Shower curtain in bathtub?

Suitcases fit und the bed.

No shower curtain in the tub. It's a solid see through wall for the splash end.

TY! :)

I don't understand how those tubs work with no curtain. I understand the splash guard, but does the water not go all over the bathroom?

Another bathroom/bedroom question for the standard verandah cabin. Do the mirrors in the bathroom open for storage purposes?

I saw a photo of a PH Suite and the bedroom desk/vanity top opened up to reveal a lighted mirror. Is this in all the staterooms or just the PH and above?

TY! :)

I don't understand how those tubs work with no curtain. I understand the splash guard, but does the water not go all over the bathroom?

Another bathroom/bedroom question for the standard verandah cabin. Do the mirrors in the bathroom open for storage purposes?

I saw a photo of a PH Suite and the bedroom desk/vanity top opened up to reveal a lighted mirror. Is this in all the staterooms or just the PH and above?

Typical European shower guard. You just have to be careful and still you splash a bit.

The mirrors on each side open. There is enough storage.

I think the vanity is only in suites.

What type of clocks are on the Riviera, now, and do all staterooms have clocks?

Not having to take a clock will save a little room in my suitcase. :) We have never been on any other cruiseline that had clocks unless we were in a Suite.

In a Verandah for our first Oceania cruise. ;) Are the headboards and sofa a light blue or a gray. Hard to tell from photos.

PS - I might as well keep asking questions in this thread. I have read a couple of reviews that mention that luggage will not fit under the beds. :rolleyes: Why is that? We bring 2 medium sized suitcases and 2 carry-ons on most cruise. Have never had trouble fitting them under other cruiseline beds.

Shower curtain in bathtub? Is there a shaving bar for ladies in the shower?

A 29" standard large checked bag (e.g., a Travel Pro) will not fit under the bed. But two will fit in the veranda cabin closets.The largest standard rollaboard (e.g., also Travel Pro) will fit under the bed. Don't know about sizes like 25-27"

The clock is in all cabins and is a battery operated analog alarm clock.

No shower curtain on tub - typical euro half width glass wall

Sofa color? Gimme a break - it's a sofa!

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

:eek: I sure don't want to take up anymore space in that small closet by putting our suitcases in there. Both of our suitcases are 27" including wheels and handle...all canvas material. The smaller suitcases are 23" x 14" ...all canvas.

On other cruislines, if the suitcase does not slide under the bed, directly, we have been able to easily lift the bed to get them under. There has always been plenty of height.

We are not in a Concierge stateroom, either. Will there be a stand alone magnifying mirror in the Verandah?

Flatbush Flyer - Maybe color is a female thing. :o While I love light and bright, I do not like gray. I think the color quite depressing. :(

Edited by Iamthesea

:eek: I sure don't want to take up anymore space in that small closet by putting our suitcases in there. Both of our suitcases are 27" including wheels and handle...all canvas material. The smaller suitcases are 23" x 14" ...all canvas.

On other cruislines, if the suitcase does not slide under the bed, directly, we have been able to easily lift the bed to get them under. There has always been plenty of height.

We are not in a Concierge stateroom, either. Will there be a stand alone magnifying mirror in the Verandah?

Flatbush Flyer - Maybe color is a female thing. :o While I love light and bright, I do not like gray. I think the color quite depressing. :(

Concierge and veranda cabins are exactly the same in all physical respects including the stuff in them.

No one is going to change the sofa out so the color really doesn't matter.

2 -26" hard side rolling cases fit under the bed fine We sometimes have to lift the frame a bit

Regular cabin has a lighted mirror at the desk in living space & I think a magnifying mirror as well

Bathroom cabinet has 2 side mirrors that open for storage plus some shelves in the corner over the toilet

The Preismans blog is my "go to" site for photos they do a very good job ;)

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_page2.htm

Edited by LHT28

Concierge and veranda cabins are exactly the same in all physical respects including the stuff in them.

No one is going to change the sofa out so the color really doesn't matter.

Yes, but sometimes CC have small items that the standard staterooms do not have...like a stand alone magnifying mirror (which I saw pictured in a review for a PH stateroom and which I did not see in the Preisman's review. ;)

I am only curious about the décor. If it is gray, then I will need to put on my rose colored glasses! :D

2 -26" hard side rolling cases fit under the bed fine We sometimes have to lift the frame a bit

Regular cabin has a lighted mirror at the desk in living space & I think a magnifying mirror as well

Bathroom cabinet has 2 side mirrors that open for storage plus some shelves in the corner over the toilet

The Preismans blog is my "go to" site for photos they do a very good job ;)

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_page2.htm

Oh my goodness...that is so funny! :D

Thank you for the information on the desk and storage. I did read the Preisman's review (as I do all their reviews where we are taking the same trip or ship), but the photos did not show the storage in the bathroom.

Do you know if the mirror over the desk opens for storage? I loved the idea of the storage in the PH desk. ;)

Have to confess that I don't remember the upholstery in all of the cabins we've been on Oceania's ships (including all the "R" ships and Marina) BUT I'm sure none of them were grey!!

But don't take my word for it ...

Closets on Marina/Riviera are much larger than those on the "R" ships. I'm going by PH, OC and VS cabins on Marina which are the only ones we've been in. They are very generous sized walk-in closets.

We never had a problem with closets on the "R" ships (Veranda, PH, VS and OS most mostly PH) in that we had plenty of storage for our belongings, but they are indeed smaller than the Marina cabins we've been in.

Mura