Does anyone know if it is easy to book excursions in the South Pacfic once you are on

micmse2003

You will only have "quieter excursions" as all the islands are small. My opinion, and it may be my opinion only is that they take all the best who offer excursions. If you really want to use your shipboard credit, I would book them...pay and then when you are on board cancel and rebook using the shipboard credit. Tell them you paid cash and you want your cash back. If you are thinking Bora Bora and Morea, you will probably be able to get them at the last minute. I would not chance the smaller islands.

You will only have "quieter excursions" as all the islands are small. My opinion, and it may be my opinion only is that they take all the best who offer excursions. If you really want to use your shipboard credit, I would book them...pay and then when you are on board cancel and rebook using the shipboard credit. Tell them you paid cash and you want your cash back. If you are thinking Bora Bora and Morea, you will probably be able to get them at the last minute. I would not chance the smaller islands.

If you cancel a tour which is fully booked, the next person on the waiting list will get the tour. If you try to re-book the tour you will be placed at the end of the waiting list. Frequently I have ship board credits which I use for tours. So far I have not been unable to get a tour I wanted when I waited to book aboard ship. Destination services is the first stop immediately upon boarding the ship. Occasionally I have been placed on a waiting list for a desired tour, but always a spot opened for me.

We earlier this year booked on the Marina within a little more than a month out from sailing and the excursions (we went from New York to Montreal) were all not eligible to be booked because there was no availability. When I went the private route, there were no spaces available because the ship already had booked everyone who operates excursions. For a location as small as the Society/Tahitian Islands, book what you want while it's available. Find another way to use those on board credits. It's a beautiful destination but some of the excursions are 6-8-10 people and there is not a lot of available tour operators.

We have lots of shipboard credit and want to book 8 excurions for my husban and my self. We just want nice quieter excursions but would loke to make sure we use our shipboard credit from Oceania and trvel agent.

I recommend you book private excursions in advance, and use OBCs for other things especially if you want nice & quiet.

If you want quality, reputable excursions you should join a group from your RollCall or book directly with the tour operator.

When we were researching tours, most operators kept lists and formed groups of passengers booking private tours from our ship. Papeete & Raiatea had good dock side tours but other islands did not. The popular tours in BoraBora, Rangi, NukuHiva etc.. were sold out mths before. A few ports had bicycle rentals but they were all sold out by the time the 2nd tender got onshore.

You can easily book tours ashore in Tahiti with the exception of Huahine. For the (almost) best prices, speak French. For the very best, on parle Tahitian.

The tours you can book on the spot with little pre-plan are the dregs of the lot

The good tours go months prior to the date of visit

Tahiti...is a big commercial city with not that much to see

Bora..all the good tours...snorkel...waverunners booked out.... stuff available las tmin is pretty poor Moorea the same...Raitaia same...Huhuaini ..same Farafakava same

You will save thousands booking direct ships tours big and crowded... not relaxing as a custom tour