Oceania airlines?

PSULion

Hi all,

I will be on my first Oceania cruise in December and will be flying from San Diego to Miami. I am using O's air, and was wondering:

1. Will O put you on a red eye flight to Miami from the west coast (which I really don't mind at all).

2. Does anyone have any insight on what airline(s) O utilized for the San Diego - Miami flight?

Thanks,

John R.

Hi all,

I will be on my first Oceania cruise in December and will be flying from San Diego to Miami. I am using O's air, and was wondering:

1. Will O put you on a red eye flight to Miami from the west coast (which I really don't mind at all).

2. Does anyone have any insight on what airline(s) O utilized for the San Diego - Miami flight?

Thanks,

John R.

Did you find out what the air credit would be? Might be worth doing your own arrangements.

Did you find out what the air credit would be? Might be worth doing your own arrangements.

It was $300 a person, not bad, but the flight back on the 19th was expensive because of the proximity to Christmas, so I didn't want to deal with booking my own arrangements.

I am very flexible on flight times (I can sleep on any airplane at any time!), but I just need to know the airline and flight times so I can plan my travel to San Diego for some pre- and post-cruise down time (I live in Las Vegas, which is not an O gateway for this cruise and their Vegas up-charge was ridiculous, and I have friends to visit in San Diego anyway).

John R

Once upon a time I received information about which airlines with which Oceania has contracts. I'm not sure if this came from Jim&Stan, but I do believe they would know!

For us -- and we tend to book our own air although on occasion we have used O's air -- we have had more of a problem in being able to upgrade using miles than we have had in the reservations themselves. But remember -- we tend to book our own.

This might be a time to call O itself -- or your TA if you have one.

For us, we leave from NYC which is obviously easier in getting to Europe than it is from the west coast ... or Las Vegas!

Mura

I called O last month to get information about air travel on a trip we were looking at for next September and when I asked direct questions about who they contract with I did not get a straight answer. Something to the effect of "we do try to keep our passengers happy". Then there was the up charge for flying in early and flying out late, then there was the " we will give you a $900 credit if you book your own air" We are talking Newark to Amsterdam and then Barcelona to Newark...... Decided to pass on this one for a lot of reasons, airfare issues being one of them.

Hi all,

Thanks,

John R.

I have used O flights in the past and the airline/flights have varied depending, I assume, on price. They do allow you to change the airline and flight if it doesn't work for you, but, if it costs them more, they will charge you the extra cost.

One time, between when we were first told about our flights and getting our final documents, O changed our outbound flights. Not an adjustment by the airline to their schedule, but a whole new itinerary including a different layover airport. Can't recall if airline changed. It was neither better nor worse for us, just the whole trip took place about an hour earlier than the original itinerary. I thought you should know that can happen.

Most major airlines are used..

Jancruz1

This is false. They have separate contracts with different airlines for different routes. For example, they could not book me on KLM for a recent trip as they had no contract with them for that route. Same problem on another trip with United. Even worse, when I called them to find out what airlines I could use for a particular trip, they gave me a list ... when I called back to book on one from their list, they said they did couldn't as they did not have a contract with my chosen airline on that route. Options can be very limited when trying to use them to book your choice of flights, you are better off either taking what they give you or taking the money and doing it yourself.