Star Legend Pictures

fpardo87

Has anyone sailed on Star Legend since it joined the Windstar fleet? I'm curious in your opinions on the ship and would love to see pictures of staterooms. We'll be on Star Legend for the December 12 sailing of the San Juan and Virgin Islands itinerary in a standard suite.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

We are booked on the Legend for a Croatia cruise in October 2016 to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.

I would also be interested in your opinions (or anyone else's) of the ship. The cabin looks very nice.

We have sailed on the Windstar previously and loved it.

Edited by Karen13
Pressed send too soon

We were just on the Star Breeze, which has identical cabins to the other cruise ships Windstar purchased from Seabourn. I have photos of both an ocean view cabin as well as a balcony cabin. I can say the experience with a balcony with floor to ceiling windows and the ability to open up the sliding glass doors is heads and shoulders above a window. Since you can't sit on the balconies, I didn't expect it to make that much of a difference but it did. Also, they maintain the balcony windows very clean and will clean them in between cruises but they do not regularly clean the windows in the window cabins. You can see the difference in window clarity in my photos. I apologize some of my photos posted sideways. Not sure why that happened but hopefully, you get the idea of what the rooms are like. The other nice things about the cabins are the walk in closet, bathtub and living room area. The cabins feel large and are very comfortable. The window cabins and the balcony cabins are identical in functionality and size. Either way, you will be happy with the cabins.

IMG_0282.JPG.76aab89ae0e8ab0f75a4b18177b6363e.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG.f6e690fcbcb510e9a33a4c18ae6ed99d.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG.f316e33a8188b51981fe1c6e2634d045.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG.d27987659ed2b0124beb1a7aa20b34bb.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG.676ec3356ba649ec518442ea908923da.JPG

Edited by SunnyMoonRust

• 1 year later...
We were just on the Star Breeze, which has identical cabins to the other cruise ships Windstar purchased from Seabourn. I have photos of both an ocean view cabin as well as a balcony cabin. I can say the experience with a balcony with floor to ceiling windows and the ability to open up the sliding glass doors is heads and shoulders above a window. Since you can't sit on the balconies, I didn't expect it to make that much of a difference but it did. Also, they maintain the balcony windows very clean and will clean them in between cruises but they do not regularly clean the windows in the window cabins. You can see the difference in window clarity in my photos. I apologize some of my photos posted sideways. Not sure why that happened but hopefully, you get the idea of what the rooms are like. The other nice things about the cabins are the walk in closet, bathtub and living room area. The cabins feel large and are very comfortable. The window cabins and the balcony cabins are identical in functionality and size. Either way, you will be happy with the cabins.
when out on your Balcony were you able to close the doors behind you or were you part in the room and part out on the balcony ledge ? From the pictures they truly look like French Balconies.

They are French Balconies. You cannot stand out on the balcony and close the door. They are great for opening and allowing fresh air into the cabin or for taking photos.

not really ideal for Alaska then. well that will save some money! Thanks for the reply.