What injections etc for cruise

saxman 10

Hi we are going on our first cruise in March to celebrate our 50th anniversary. This will be on celebrity constellation to Vietnam Thailand and Malaysia. What injections etc do we need to have for these countries. Struggling finding out because we now live in Spain and not in tourist area. Any advice would be much appreciated.😇

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Forums mobile app

Hi we are going on our first cruise in March to celebrate our 50th anniversary. This will be on celebrity constellation to Vietnam Thailand and Malaysia. What injections etc do we need to have for these countries. Struggling finding out because we now live in Spain and not in tourist area. Any advice would be much appreciated.😇

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Sorry, but your question would best be answered by YOUR doctor. Your doctor knows your medical condition and what may be needed and what you can get.

There is no Yellow Fever in either Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam. The vaccination can have unpleasant side effects and would be completely unnecessary.

Have visited each of those countries in the last couple of years. No vaccinations were essential but my GP advised me to make sure my Hep A/B and tetanus and typhoid were up to date.

That said, I agree with the advice to talk to your own GP. They know your health risks better than anyone at CC does!

Ask your doctor, they should know.

ask your travel agent, start there

One more vote for asking your doctor.

FWIW I thought I'd post because we just got home from our vaccinations for a cruise in SE Asia later this month and this how it went for us.

Saw doctor last month regarding vaccinations. He sent us for blood work to see what antibodies we might have in our systems.

I tested positive for Hep A so at one time in my life (probably as a child) I had Hep A where now I cannot get it again so Hep A vaccine wasn't required.

I did get a Hep B shot with 2 follow up shots to be done later, Typhoid and he suggested we take the Malaria pills. Our tetanus was already up to date.

Meds to prevent Travellers diarrhea was another recommendation too...

YMMV.... so as already said.... go see your doctor

Hi we are going on our first cruise in March to celebrate our 50th anniversary. This will be on celebrity constellation to Vietnam Thailand and Malaysia. What injections etc do we need to have for these countries. Struggling finding out because we now live in Spain and not in tourist area. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I know you already said thanks and have your course of action planned. I just want to add one more thing on a side note, I hosted a Thai student last school year, before my local high school would let her attend she had to get a TB tine test done here in the states. Apparently TB is rampant in some areas over there, she came from Bangkok.