The Doc Dance

Anybody else remember the doc dance? Back before online registration and printed out forms you would get a packet in the mail with your boarding passes and luggage tags. The boarding passes were actually little booklets that had a bunch of information such as shore excursions, etc. It was a joyous occasion since it meant your cruise was right around the corner, hence the name doc dance. Printing out paperwork just not have the same level of excitement.

I do remember. Our travel agency used to have them delivered to our corporate clients offices along with balloons. I do miss the docs! Most of the upscale lines still do elaborate docs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do a mini doc dance when I print our boarding passes and luggage tags, but it's not the same!

Pretty soon on Princess, we won't even have our key cards to save.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We actually were able to do a Document Dance over the weekend.

While we still have to print out e-tickets, Cunard Line I was thrilled to see, having not sailed with them in six years, still sends out pre-cruise documents.

Such a thrill to receive a shiny book with our names an the glorious QM2 emblazoned across the cover.

It even included color luggage tags in the back. At least some traditions still exist.

Jonathan

My travel agent sent me my cruise documents for my July Alaska cruise. Luggage tags were included; no need to print documents!

Like jagsfan, I have kept some of my former HAL document folders and use them to place all of my cruise documents and passport, etc. I agree that it makes it more special and easier, knowing where everything ought to be for those last minute checks prior to departure from home.

I also have all of our old ticket pouches from Cunard and Holland America Line.

But, I've recently gotten into the habit of preparing a plastic presentation book with all of our important papers for the cruise.

Maybe I can get a strap and make a murse out of my Cunard/HAL ticket folders. ;)

Jonathan