Polarising Filter Yes / No

You all may have saved my trip!

Went back to my local waterfront, and took 3 photos of the same thing on the water. Full zoom (on my 18-300mm lens).. 2 with the filter (at different settings) and one without the lens. The hood I got was on for all three pictures, and I used the auto setting. Even checking the photos afterwards via the camera's viewscreen and zooming in - the non-filter pic was crystal clear, the filter was fuzzy crap.

So... the Hoya Moose is not available on Amazon or Adorama in the size I need. (I prefer to go with Amazon Smile - I don't have a local camera store and Amazon will send via Prime in 2 days).

Was looking at a Tiffen (which was cheaper but had a TON of positive reviews on Amazon) but then stumbled on this. From what I've been reading - glass is preferable over fiber, as is "multi-layer". I could be very wrong with that - but this one is in my "willing to splurge" price range.

https://smile.amazon.com/67mm-Circular-Polarizer-Hardened-Multi-Coated/dp/B001G7PMFY/ref=sr_1_10?s=photo&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1498280563&sr=1-10&keywords=hoya&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A1258879011%2Cp_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_n_condition-type%3A2224371011#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

I too have discovered cheap filters will have less sharp images. Please remove the UV filter when you have the polarizer on.

On a side note.... check out gold 'n blue polarizers for fun. They come in handy on overcast days when you want some blue. Instead of removing glare, gold 'n blue polarizers change glare to other colors.

[YOUTUBE]3J13VWoSFgA[/YOUTUBE]

In my 30 years engaging in this wonderful pastime, I never leave the house without a polarizing filter if i am going to be shooting outdoors....never. Bring it and, id you don't use it, no biggie but you will find that your shots will be much better if you use one and use it properly. I would sooner take my Circular Polarizer and leave my external flash at home.

Make sure you use good quality filters. Cheap eBay filters will negatively affect the sharpness of your photos.

You all may have saved my trip!

Went back to my local waterfront, and took 3 photos of the same thing on the water. Full zoom (on my 18-300mm lens).. 2 with the filter (at different settings) and one without the lens. The hood I got was on for all three pictures, and I used the auto setting. Even checking the photos afterwards via the camera's viewscreen and zooming in - the non-filter pic was crystal clear, the filter was fuzzy crap.

So... the Hoya Moose is not available on Amazon or Adorama in the size I need. (I prefer to go with Amazon Smile - I don't have a local camera store and Amazon will send via Prime in 2 days).

Was looking at a Tiffen (which was cheaper but had a TON of positive reviews on Amazon) but then stumbled on this. From what I've been reading - glass is preferable over fiber, as is "multi-layer". I could be very wrong with that - but this one is in my "willing to splurge" price range.

https://smile.amazon.com/67mm-Circular-Polarizer-Hardened-Multi-Coated/dp/B001G7PMFY/ref=sr_1_10?s=photo&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1498280563&sr=1-10&keywords=hoya&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A1258879011%2Cp_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_n_condition-type%3A2224371011#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

The Hoya HD is also a great filter but lacks the warming tint.

On the alternate sellers page, ther is a place called Event Cameras that is fulfilled by Amazon with the 67mm Moose in stock. Fulfilled by Amazon is second only to sold by Amazon for reliability.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000AI1J8/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all&qid=1498616350&sr=1-1

Dave