Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2017 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

A two and a half hour finale? Really??? It could have been an hour without all the fluff. I admit I taped it and fast forwarded through most of it.

CA's dress did not seem to fit her right. JA's I liked. Erin's? It had some good elements but it didn't quite come together for me.

Now for the outcome. I did not see that coming especially the second place couple. Although I think the winners deserved it, I didn't expect it.

I liked Erin's dress the best, liked JA's except the top looked like it was riding way too low. Didn't see enough of CA's, but the fit did look strange.

We fast forwarded through most of the show too, only watching bits here and there. Way too long otherwise!

I'm fine with the winner, although I wanted someone else to win. Still pretty upset with the way voting has gone. If a certain person had won my husband may have stopped watching forever!

I liked Erin's dress but can't really remember what it looked like (only watched the first 30 minutes). I think I also liked J's dress. Will have to wait for Kerri to post pics ;).

I cheated and checked the Internet at 8 p.m. PST to see who the winner was. They first posted the third place person, who I mistakenly assumed was the winner. Then re-read it as third place and was just flabbergasted. But thinking about it...they did have more dancing experience than a lot of the others.

So I'm happy with who won (put in 100 more hours of practice time) and I'm also happy with who came in second (dancing was ok, heart was amazing).

Until next season then...:cool:.

Watched/fast-forwarded through the finale last night. My husband said it looked like Erin was wearing a wedding dress. A lot of illusion going on in that dress but it was pretty.

I really liked J's red dress (I'm a fan of bling). C's white dress wasn't very flattering on her and it was pretty plain. She needs to step it up a bit next season.

Sorry I'm a couple days late.

Tuesday was was our season end of recreational volleyball and we went out with everyone after, then because we're on holiday this week, we stayed out late after trivia last night. I finally fast forwarded through the show this morning.

Erin's gown was too bridal for me and the top and skirt look like the lace trims are too different from each other.

I liked CarrieAnne's and J's. CarrieAnne's looks a little long again. I'll have to watch the show's beginning again where they walk in.

I liked that Heather got to perform with the pro ladies. She looked like one of them.

Loved how Charo seemed to rush for Bruno to dance with at the end.

cf7e371aae68d5cf9c4955f05a4c3028.jpg

59bfcc96140394b288fff73f20a738a9.jpg

Like JA's dress even more seeing the whole thing. Still don't care for the fit of CA's.

I thought maybe the designers of Erin's dress put that beige underskirt on so it would not look like a wedding dress. I did not care for it. Maybe a silver color or even a pastel would have improved it, IMO.

It was a fun season, see everyone in the fall!

I may pop back on to post if I see C, J or Erin in interesting dresses or wedding gowns this summer.

I'm cruising on Carnival Magic the last week of August and I think I may have to pick up a new souvenir glass if it's still available.

I think the Mirrorball would be perfect to enjoy a cocktail in while watching the show.

7fd397f9fad713f7d4c508161ef7ebda.jpg

JA needs to go back to her esthetic surgeon and ask for a refund. She now looks horrible - she was way too young to get work done.

On Simone: the comments about no emotion or fake smiling - the poor girl has had a lifetime of having to project the overly fake smile to appease the gymnastic judges. It will take some time to unlearn that and project actual true emotion, I think.

I wasn't thrilled one way or the other on the finalists. It's largely a popularity contest now, anyway. But, ever since the first one where ABC rigged the results to have one of their own, Kelly Monaco, win over the superior John O'Hurley, I never cared. Just another "reality" show that is scripted to a point...

And, I don't think we'll see little Bro Derek back anytime soon - he's a judge on JLo's new dance competition show on NBC.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for posting this, Kerri. I saw this on Entertainment Tonight last night. Like the dress but I like Tara Lapinski's dress even better (her wedding was the same day).

Tara's dress is lovely and both are pretty timeless, but I like Erin's best.

I guess only a week and a half till both Julianne and Peta's weddings.

a00cf6f9870a68cf4dc30faa92e8e877.jpg

Kerri, somehow I knew you'd find a picture to post of Tara's dress ;). Thanks!

Actually, Erin's dress is perfect for her - simple and elegant. She wears it well. She looks stunning!

Tara's is perfect for her also - I love the sweetheart neckline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...