Bonnie can you help?

readingfast

We are booked on the TA on Quest leaving Barcelona on 4th November 2018. Looking at Land Discoveries for San Juan, all that comes up are two tours with airport drop off. As we sail on to Miami this is no good to us.Please can you check and see whether there will be other tours offered and when we will be able to see them?

Many thanks Arlene

We are booked on the TA on Quest leaving Barcelona on 4th November 2018. Looking at Land Discoveries for San Juan, all that comes up are two tours with airport drop off. As we sail on to Miami this is no good to us.Please can you check and see whether there will be other tours offered and when we will be able to see them?

Many thanks Arlene

There are not usually any tours other than Airport Dropoffs (some with included sightseeing).

However, the concierge on board may well be able to arrange a small group tour for you during the first leg of your cruise.

I feel sure Bonnie will confirm what I have said.

Trish

Regular Azamara Cruiser :)

There are not usually any tours other than Airport Dropoffs (some with included sightseeing).

However, the concierge on board may well be able to arrange a small group tour for you during the first leg of your cruise.

I feel sure Bonnie will confirm what I have said.

Trish

Regular Azamara Cruiser :)

That makes sense if a cruise ends in San Juan but this one doesn't - so nobody has to go to the airport. We just stop for the day so need tours that return to the ship.

I feel quite sure Bonnie will not confirm what you said [emoji3]

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That makes sense if a cruise ends in San Juan but it doesn't - so nobody has to go to the airport.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like the Land Discoveries Brochure is once again not up to date for that particular cruise then!!

Trish

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Bonnie,

On another subject . . . but one with which we need some help, clarification or guidance . . . Middle East Visas.

We will be on the Journey on 28 October B2B with 14 November.

We will visit Egypt, Jordan, Oman, UAE, Bahrain and Qatar.

According to Australian Government sources, all of these countries have a Visa on arrival available.

We have experienced UAE first hand several time when arriving by plane.

We have not yet visited any of the other countries and have not visited UAE by ship.

From an Azamara response posted by a Canadian on the 28 October cruise which does not go to Bahrain or Qatar :

For Egypt and Jordan the ship will assist you upon arrival, for Oman a group visa will be issued and for United Arab Emirates does not required a visa prior to arrival.

From a response to me from Azamara Cruise Admin. Australia :

"For Egypt, Bahrain and Jordan we are able to issue a temporary Visa on board, charges may apply.

Oman's Visa can be arranged on board for an amount of USD 15$.

For Qatar you will need to arrange the Visa yourself as we are not able to assist with that Visa."

So, given that all the countries we will visit have a Visa on arrival facility, is the information regarding Qatar Visas correct?

Or will they also be processed on board??

Thank you in anticipation from us and a number of other Australians awaiting a definitive answer.

Trish

I've let our Tour Department know that the 2 tours listed for San Juan PR on 11/17/17 need updating!

I apologize and will let you know if they tell me they are corrected.

Bonnie, same problem for Journey 2018 TA from Barcelona with only the two airport transfers for San Juan.

Also, hope you saw my post regarding use of early booking OBC on that thread where you said no longer a restriction of OBC usage yet about an hour after you posted, got an e-mail from Azamara saying my OBC was restricted to excursions. seems one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing and this information needs to flow down to customer service so everyone gets the same correct response.

Thanks,

Our best estimate is that our tours for San Juan will be updated by the end of this month, June.

Sorry for the confusion, and the delay.

I see the tour(s) are not yet updated. I've sent a reminder to the Tour Department about this.

Bonnie, same problem for Journey 2018 TA from Barcelona with only the two airport transfers for San Juan.

Also, hope you saw my post regarding use of early booking OBC on that thread where you said no longer a restriction of OBC usage yet about an hour after you posted, got an e-mail from Azamara saying my OBC was restricted to excursions. seems one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing and this information needs to flow down to customer service so everyone gets the same correct response.

Thanks,

Hi Dave,

I've sent this post along to the head of our Customer Service. We need to update our programmed communications. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Bonnie,

On another subject . . . but one with which we need some help, clarification or guidance . . . Middle East Visas.

We will be on the Journey on 28 October B2B with 14 November.

We will visit Egypt, Jordan, Oman, UAE, Bahrain and Qatar.

According to Australian Government sources, all of these countries have a Visa on arrival available.

We have experienced UAE first hand several time when arriving by plane.

We have not yet visited any of the other countries and have not visited UAE by ship.

From an Azamara response posted by a Canadian on the 28 October cruise which does not go to Bahrain or Qatar :

For Egypt and Jordan the ship will assist you upon arrival, for Oman a group visa will be issued and for United Arab Emirates does not required a visa prior to arrival.

From a response to me from Azamara Cruise Admin. Australia :

"For Egypt, Bahrain and Jordan we are able to issue a temporary Visa on board, charges may apply.

Oman's Visa can be arranged on board for an amount of USD 15$.

For Qatar you will need to arrange the Visa yourself as we are not able to assist with that Visa."

So, given that all the countries we will visit have a Visa on arrival facility, is the information regarding Qatar Visas correct?

Or will they also be processed on board??

Thank you in anticipation from us and a number of other Australians awaiting a definitive answer.

Trish

Hi Trish,

I try to steer away from visa questions since there are so many variables and I don't want to steer anyone wrong. But let me ask around and see what I can find out on Qatar.

It may be Qatar call is dropped because of political situation.

Planes and land transport are blockaded between Qatar and UAE currently maybe azamara would be black listed if it calls at Qatar but are waiting to see if USA diplomacy can help (Fat chance).

Sent from my ME371MG using Forums mobile app

It may be Qatar call is dropped because of political situation.

Planes and land transport are blockaded between Qatar and UAE currently maybe azamara would be black listed if it calls at Qatar but are waiting to see if USA diplomacy can help (Fat chance).

Sent from my ME371MG using Forums mobile app

Hi Procter,

Our team is monitoring the situation in Qatar.

At this time there are no plans to drop our visit.

Hi Trish,

I try to steer away from visa questions since there are so many variables and I don't want to steer anyone wrong. But let me ask around and see what I can find out on Qatar.

Thanks Bonnie.

It has been confirmed by cruisers from US, Canada and UK, some of whom have done the cruise before, at least some Visas are done on board, so perhaps the Guest Relations Manager, Concierge or Shore Excursions Manager would have the answer.

Of course it is possible that Qatar may present a problem given the current tensions between Qatar and USA.

I appreciate you taking the time to investigate for me and the other Australians on these cruises.

Trish

Hi Trish,

Thanks Bonnie.

It has been confirmed by cruisers from US, Canada and UK, some of whom have done the cruise before, at least some Visas are done on board, so perhaps the Guest Relations Manager, Concierge or Shore Excursions Manager would have the answer.

Of course it is possible that Qatar may present a problem given the current tensions between Qatar and USA.

I appreciate you taking the time to investigate for me and the other Australians on these cruises.

Trish

Hi Bonnie,

As it has been a week since our last discussion on the Qatar Visa question, I am wondering whether you have any news?

I might add that I did email Journey Guest Relations Manager on 15 July (several days prior to posting on this forum), but have had no response at all, which is unusual compared to past experience.

(We always notify food allergies & feather bedding allergies and in the past have received responses within 24 hours.)

Trish

No, I've not heard back either. But I do know they're looking into it. I saw communications between other staff members.

Thanks so much for your super quick response Bonnie! :)

Glad to know something is happening "behind the scenes".

Best regards,

Trish

Bonnie,

Thank you so much for following up on this query as well as all the other questions posed on a regular basis. :) It is really great to know that you have "got our backs" and will follow up on queries that too frequently seem to placed in the "too hard basket" by others.

Thanks again from me and the other Australians on the 14 November cruise.

Trish

Yes, the shorex for San Juan, Puerto Rico, are being loaded into our system.

The attached list of excursions will be for both the Quest's 2017 (11/17/17) and the Journey's 2018 (11/21/18) port calls.

On the UK site, I logged in and searched for "any" San Juan tours etc. for 17th November and only one activity comes up. Something about cheese making.

I changed the criteria to show "moderate" activity and it says that the tours are all under development.

What is going on?

P.S. Voyage planner does not seem to work for me either. What am I doing wrong?

Yes, the shorex for San Juan, Puerto Rico, are being loaded into our system.

The attached list of excursions will be for both the Quest's 2017 (11/17/17) and the Journey's 2018 (11/21/18) port calls.

Bonnie...that list is certainly a start!!...but there are no prices listed? LuAnn