Repositioning Cruise Cape Liberty to San Juan

NU2CRUZIN

Hello fellow Cruisers,

After many years away from cruises. We have finally booked another cruise on our favorite Line.

My wife has been sick for many years and finally healthy enough to book a repositioning cruise from Cape Liberty to San Juan. HAs anyone done a repositioning cruise? and if so what would be the pros and cons of them?

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated,

We have probably done a couple of dozen repo cruises (all over the world). The advantage is the prices are usually decent, and you often get a lot of sea days (we love sea days). But you do have to generally get a one-way flight to make it work. But repo cruises are just another cruise....sometimes with interesting itineraries.

Hank

Biggest pro is these cruises are usually cheaper. A negative is no alcohol package offered as a free perk on a repositioning cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Yankees111 - My wife doesn't drink much but I do enjoy my Scotch or Irish Whiskey with my cigar. I did think about that as well and the do have a package but they are asking over $300 bucks compared to a regular cruise where you pay 315 per person for all the onboard credit, premium beverage, Internet and tips. I can still change it and fly to San Juan to do a 7 day cruise but my wife has family in PR and I think the 6 day repositioning and a stay for an additional 5 days would be perfect. Who knows? Still considering. But thanks so much for your comment. :)

Thanks Hiltner! I'm ok with the one way flight back to New York. The price pretty is about a 200 per person cheaper for us as we looked the Concierge class with Aft Balcony. Working without a true vacation for over 5 years and all I need is a constant view of the ocean to make it all work :D. Thanks for your advice!

We have probably done a couple of dozen repo cruises (all over the world). The advantage is the prices are usually decent, and you often get a lot of sea days (we love sea days). But you do have to generally get a one-way flight to make it work. But repo cruises are just another cruise....sometimes with interesting itineraries.

Hank

Just did the reverse cruise this spring. It was great! If you don't drink much, just pay as you go. You have to drink an awful lot to justify paying for a drink package.

Thank you Happy Cruiser. Your cruise mist have been so nice because I believe you have a stop in Bermuda.

• 6 months later...

We were all set to book this cruise for October of 2019... we have done the San Juan to Bayonne repositioning twice... and just learned what was posted above ... no perks of any kind on the repositioning cruise .... even with the nice discount our travel agent found, it will still be cheaper to book a seven day cruise flying somewhere .... ugh .... you live and learn ....