Heartfelt Plea to CEO from Loyal Celebrity Cruiser

Luvcrusn

I hope someone who is sailing on the President's cruise next month will take a printout of this and the other thread with similar comments and hand them to LLP in person!

What a shame to have to wait that long to have management agree to fix something. True great management acknowledges issues and then fixes them quick!

Fire them all.

The software used internally must be different.

Otherwise, how could the Captain's Club reps be able to do on their screens what we mortals cannot do on ours?

Yes CC uses a different system with a separate database. This is actually a rather significant problem as the two databases are supposed to sync up on a regular basis, but it doesn't seem to work well.

I hope someone who is sailing on the President's cruise next month will take a printout of this and the other thread with similar comments and hand them to LLP in person!
Now that would be a class act and the printout would probably end up in the trash. Why don't you just print it off and mail it to her?

Princess has the best website by far! Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, HAL ,Carnival should employ the person who designed the Princess Website- 100 % user friendly.

Interesting. Perhaps the ease of using Princess's site is why I've booked so many cruises with them. [emoji79]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked our cruises with a TA. The bookings were made at least a year and a half prior to sail dates. The new site asks us to complete primary booking info to complete the booking process. It doesn't say what info is missing and I can't find out anything or any way to fill in the phantom missing info. I checked with the TA and according to them (I've booked with them for many years and many cruises with no mistakes, so I trust them) there is nothing missing.

11. If you select a specific ship while searching for a cruise but then want to change the ship it's very difficult to change your selection and choose a different ship to search

Please tell me how to search for a specific ship. I have not been able to figure out how, so I do a search that includes all ships and then I refine the results to put the ships in alphabetical order and then look for the ship I am interested in.

I sure would like to figure out how to do the initial search for a specific ship.

Please tell me how to search for a specific ship. I have not been able to figure out how, so I do a search that includes all ships and then I refine the results to put the ships in alphabetical order and then look for the ship I am interested in.

I sure would like to figure out how to do the initial search for a specific ship.

Select your dates. Hit Find Cruise. Results will come up. Select Refine. Then select Ships. Choose your ship and the cruises will appear. I just did it and it worked perfectly. Good luck.

That's very helpful to them, because you have taken the time to spend with them showing how it isn't working on your side of the screen. I work for a software company and there are times our application works fine for one segment of our audience, and not for another segment. The more specific information they have the better they can isolate the problems and get them fixed. But, not everyone will do that either because of time or patience.

I have had very few actual problems with the site. I'm able to search for cruises, find the right excursions, sign in for our upcoming cruise, input our information (including my wife's info), and print out everything. All of those issues are reported as broken for many of the people here. I believe they are having trouble, but it might not be entirely the site's fault. That's heresy here, and the environment is pretty hostile to differing views about the site.

The interface is extremely frustrating because it is 1) not accessible due to light type on a white background; 2) uses "frictionless" updating via JavaScript that doesn't give much indication the page has changed during log in, etc.; 3) is slow due to animations and very large "hero" images, even on my 50 mbps cable internet that renders most web sites very quickly and 4) may be subject to certain elements being blocked by common browser extensions such as ad blockers, script blockers, privacy features, etc. Those are design issues that they should change, but won't because they are the "modern" way.

I also agree that I have had very little trouble with the site. If my search doesn't provide the results I requested, I just hit refine again or apply and the correct results will appear. Should it work better? Yes, but my own company's website also can have issues and at times users have to clear their cache, so I don't worry about it.

We have three cruises currently booked and I see all reservations. I am able to book shore excursions and see our remaining OBC. I have had no issues there.

I almost always access the website using my iPad using Safari.

I feel bad for those having issues, but I actually love the new website for the sole reason of seeing all available cabins for a specific cruise that we may be interested in. I would not want to go back to the old website. Sorry, don't hate me! For me the website is just different and once I have figured it out, I really like it. Good luck to all figuring it out.

I also agree that I have had very little trouble with the site...... I'm able to search for cruises, find the right excursions, sign in for our upcoming cruise, input our information (including my wife's info), and print out everything. All of those issues are reported as broken for many of the people here. I believe they are having trouble, but it might not be entirely the site's fault. That's heresy here, and the environment is pretty hostile to differing views about the site.............I almost always access the website using myiPad using Safari.........Sorry, don't hate me! For me the website is just different and once I have figured it out, I really like it.

You are indeed one of the lucky ones.

We don't hate you; we are happy for you.

But it is much more than simply a matter of having "figured it out" because not everyone here is accessing the Celebrity website on an iPad using Safari.

People here are using a variety of different devices across different platforms.

The new Celebrity system has obviously not yet been tested and corrected to work correctly for all of them; probably not even for most of them.

Testing and debugging a new system today is a lot more complicated than it was in the past largely due to the continually expanding variety in the combinations of hardware and software being used to access various systems.

How nice it would be if merely "figuring it out" could be the solution for everyone, but unfortunately, it is not anywhere close to being that simplistic.

Even for the same user, a feature on Celebrity's website may work well when we use one device, but not when we attempt to access it with a different device,

or even on the same device using a different operating system

(or sometimes even just using a different version of the same operating system or browser can make the difference).

Then, there are further variables such as location, how you connect, number of users attempting to access the same system at the same time........

Also, a feature on the Celebrity website that works correctly one day may not the next as we found out that when they fix one feature, it sometimes screws up something else.

I do not find it at all surprising though that the iPad is one of the devices that received priority, since Celebrity sells and promotes iPads, as well as other Apple products.

By the way, a well designed system is supposed to be intuitive and user friendly, so that "figuring it out" should not be necessary.

A previous poster gave a good example in describing how they always get people who are not at all familiar with a new system to be the ones to test it.

It is much the way that one can go to a well-designed website for a store, find what you are looking for and place your order even if you have never been to that store or seen their website before and know nothing about it.

Edited by fleckle

And being able to figure out how to navigate doesn't speak to the many content errors you find, such as shore excursions for the wrong ports, maps that don't match itineraries, typos, and spelling errors. I see that they still say that Michael's Club serves breakfast. It doesnt. They tell me that "this page no longer exist (sic)" and "if this error persist (sic) please call". It was all done too quickly without enough proofreading.

On the home page select months you want to search.select the destination and departure if you want to and click search. On the next page there are three little horizontal lines on the right that are very small and faint and the word Refine. Click Refine, then click ship, then choose the ship you want.

I am using my iPad but cannot get pass the home page. Is there a specific trick to getting it to work now on iPad? On a PC I can login and do stuff but not with my iPad. I just tried again after reading some of the comments above by "ChiSloop" but it's not working for me. Appreciate any insight you can share and thanks.

Select your dates. Hit Find Cruise. Results will come up. Select Refine. Then select Ships. Choose your ship and the cruises will appear. I just did it and it worked perfectly. Good luck.

Once you've gone through the search and specified a ship, if you then want to select a different ship for a different time search it's difficult to change from the first ship selection to a different one.

I also agree that I have had very little trouble with the site. If my search doesn't provide the results I requested, I just hit refine again or apply and the correct results will appear. Should it work better? Yes, but my own company's website also can have issues and at times users have to clear their cache, so I don't worry about it.

We have three cruises currently booked and I see all reservations. I am able to book shore excursions and see our remaining OBC. I have had no issues there.

I almost always access the website using my iPad using Safari.

I feel bad for those having issues, but I actually love the new website for the sole reason of seeing all available cabins for a specific cruise that we may be interested in. I would not want to go back to the old website. Sorry, don't hate me! For me the website is just different and once I have figured it out, I really like it. Good luck to all figuring it out.

I certainly don't hate you. I had now how to navigate the site, but sometimes it gives erroneous info.For example my itinerary on my next cruise shows Grand Cayman as being docked. When I called captains club to check they said no, it's always tendered, it shows as tendered here. That makes a big difference to passengers planning their own excursions. Navigation ability is irrelevant in that case. Check in time to the ship departing from Ft. Lauderdale in Pacific Standard Time. Although technically correct, it's ridiculous and misleading. I cannot update my insurance info in my profile because the field will only let me enter numbers. The policy number also contains letters. Through field currently displays my old policy number from my last cruise with the same number, letter, number format as the new one. Again, not a navigation problem, but a website problem. I had to update may passport info, since I just renewed. The website asks for City of Issue. Nowhere on the passport (US) does it show it. I mailed it to Philadelphia. PA. I called the passport agency to ask for City of Issue. I had to read them the code on the bottom line, then wait on hold while they looked it up to find it was Charleston SC, and my husband's was Portsmouth NH. Why ask what no one can answer without instructions on how to find out?

Today I've used three different search engines to access my reservations and none have been successful. I believe that the CEO is well aware of the problems and it must be very frustrating to her.

Today I've used three different search engines to access my reservations and none have been successful. I believe that the CEO is well aware of the problems and it must be very frustrating to her.

You think? A CEO is not paid to be "frustrated" but is paid to solve problems and enhance the bottom line. LLP seems to be doing her job enhancing the bottom line (at least in the short term) but her problem solving skills are in question.

Hank

You think? A CEO is not paid to be "frustrated" but is paid to solve problems and enhance the bottom line. LLP seems to be doing her job enhancing the bottom line (at least in the short term) but her problem solving skills are in question.

Hank

Of course you're right. She should solve, or find people who will solve the problem. Lots of people from Celebrity monitor these boards and their failure to respond to the issues raised in these posts speaks volumes.

Hank

I agree. I've called her office several times over the last few months and the changes have been slow coming and created more problems. In addition they deactivated the link to the old site and left us no options but to use sites for other cruise lines that are user friendly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I am using my iPad but cannot get pass the home page. Is there a specific trick to getting it to work now on iPad? On a PC I can login and do stuff but not with my iPad. I just tried again after reading some of the comments above by "ChiSloop" but it's not working for me. Appreciate any insight you can share and thanks.

Hi Tall, the only things I can think of is to delete your Safari history from "All Time" and to also make certain that your software is all updated to the newest version. I also always look at the Celebrity site holding the iPad horizontally. I don't think that matters too much, but the pages appear better. Good luck.

Hi Tall, the only things I can think of is to delete your Safari history from "All Time" and to also make certain that your software is all updated to the newest version. I also always look at the Celebrity site holding the iPad horizontally. I don't think that matters too much, but the pages appear better. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I will try it and see.

I cannot even access info on my iPad. I click but nothing happens.

The share price will likely not remain high with a non-functioning website. Consumers rely on websites for info on a company's products and services. I am interested in researching another cruise and have given up. I am being forced to give up on Celebrity after all our cruises and to search elsewhere.

This does not always work but try turning off private browsing on your iPad and then go to the celebrity site.

You are indeed one of the lucky ones.

We don't hate you; we are happy for you.

But it is much more than simply a matter of having "figured it out" because not everyone here is accessing the Celebrity website on an iPad using Safari.

People here are using a variety of different devices across different platforms.

The new Celebrity system has obviously not yet been tested and corrected to work correctly for all of them; probably not even for most of them.

Testing and debugging a new system today is a lot more complicated than it was in the past largely due to the continually expanding variety in the combinations of hardware and software being used to access various systems.

Testing and debugging a system like this can be done in an intelligent and effective manner, but Celebrity did not go that route.

An appropriate number of heavy users (customers) of the website should be invited to use the new web site and provide feedback. During this period, all other users should be able to continue working with the old web site.

Only when any problems discovered by the testing customers have been fixed and the fixes verified (with no new bugs) by the testing customers should the new web site be rolled out to the general population.

Cruise Critic did this when they introduced the new format earlier this year. Although not everyone may have liked the new format, during the testing period the Cruise Critic population that was invited to do the testing provided feedback and that feedback did result in a number of modifications to the new web site format and features before it was released for all to use.