Under eye bags

jay888

I second the teabags. For me, dark circles has everything to do with what I eat and how much sleep I'm getting. I try to stick to a clean diet ( cut back on alcohol, processed food, refined sugars, etc) and drink and ton of water. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bags and dark circles come from the "fat pads" breaking down under your eyes...usually age related. I haven't found anything, aside from surgery, that works long-term...but you can "brighten" the dark circles and make them less noticeable. I use Trish McEvoy's eye brightening pencil...(online.. none of my dept. stores carry her stuff)....I use a very thin, stiff brush to put the pencil contents directly onto the 'shadowy" areas under my eyes.....it reflects the light and really improves the appearance of dark circles!

Unfortunately nothing will really take them away permanently, but you can reduce the appearance of them temporarily. I don't have much of a problem with dark circles, but I do use the YSL highlighter pen under my eyes and it works great for me. May not be enough coverage for some...

YSL Touche Eclat

http://www.sephora.com/touche-eclat-radiant-touch-P218431?skuId=1411628&icid2=products%20grid:p218431

I really love the Peter Thomas Roth "Instant FirmX Eye" to temporarily reduce any puffiness. Takes a bit of practice to apply it well (read all the reviews at Ulta or Sephora for tips, that's how I got tricks with application). Once you get the hang of what works for you to apply - it's awesome. Ulta often has it included in their skin care beauty sales for 50% off. Both Ulta and Sephora do take returns of used products if you purchase it and don't end up liking it. You can also try to get a sample at either store to try out before purchasing.

Peter Thomas Roth "Instant FirmX Eye"

http://www.sephora.com/instant-firmx-eye-P283106?skuId=1324193&icid2=products%20grid:p283106

http://www.ulta.com/instant-firmx-eye?productId=xlsImpprod4160051

• 3 months later...

I have horrible dark spots under my eyes. I've had them my whole life and I'm only 33. I feel like the only way to permanently get rid of them is to have injections done, but I'm not that brave nor do I want to spend hundreds of dollars. I have some concealer stuff that is orange. Sounds crazy, but it just takes a small amount and I feel like it helps alot. Blend it well, then apply foundation and after foundation I use the Younique concealer in a light shade to brighten. This is my routine when I feel like "getting pretty"... otherwise I just wear some face lotion, powder and go lol

• 3 weeks later...
I have horrible dark spots under my eyes. I've had them my whole life and I'm only 33. I feel like the only way to permanently get rid of them is to have injections done, but I'm not that brave nor do I want to spend hundreds of dollars. I have some concealer stuff that is orange. Sounds crazy, but it just takes a small amount and I feel like it helps alot. Blend it well, then apply foundation and after foundation I use the Younique concealer in a light shade to brighten. This is my routine when I feel like "getting pretty"... otherwise I just wear some face lotion, powder and go lol

I use the Sephora pink concealer. Some people like the yellow. Depends on skin tone.