Celebrity Infinity Buffet

MsSoCalCruiser

I read in a post that somebody was unhappy with the buffet on the celebrity infinity. I've searched for photos and videos but I'm really not finding much. We've only been on one celebrity cruise and that was on the century. We thought that the century had a very nice salad bar. It also had an area with different flavors of ice cream, an Eggs Benedict area, and my personal favorite, a pasta station. Do you find that the buffets on the two ships compare? Do you have any photos or videos that you could share with us? Thank you so much.

I read in a post that somebody was unhappy with the buffet on the celebrity infinity. I've searched for photos and videos but I'm really not finding much. We've only been on one celebrity cruise and that was on the century. We thought that the century had a very nice salad bar. It also had an area with different flavors of ice cream, an Eggs Benedict area, and my personal favorite, a pasta station. Do you find that the buffets on the two ships compare?
I was never on the Century, but the buffet on the Infinity has everything you mentioned, and a lot more.

If you like waffles, they have a great waffle station, where you can get hot waffles for breakfast, right off the griddle.

(Don't accept the pre-cooked waffles sitting under a heat lamp getting soggy, but insist that they cook fresh ones for you.)

There is a grill at the back of the buffet where they grill steaks or fish or chicken to order for you.

At breakfast, they cook eggs to order.

The pizza station has several different kinds of pizza, and will cook one to order for you upon request.

There is also a station that serves Asian food; sometimes they have foods from various European countries too.

The main complaint we hear about the buffets on Celebrity ships is not about the food itself, but rather about the unsanitary way much of it is served; people helping themselves and then tossing the serving utensils back into the pan right on top of the food.

We prefer to eat the foods there that are served to passengers by someone behind the counter, or where holders are provided for the serving utensils.

I was never on the Century, but the buffet on the Infinity has everything you mentioned, and a lot more.

If you like waffles, they have a great waffle station, where you can get hot waffles for breakfast, right off the griddle.

(Don't accept the pre-cooked waffles sitting under a heat lamp getting soggy, but insist that they cook fresh ones for you.)

There is a grill at the back of the buffet where they grill steaks or fish or chicken to order for you.

At breakfast, they cook eggs to order.

The pizza station has several different kinds of pizza, and will cook one to order for you upon request.

There is also a station that serves Asian food; sometimes they have foods from various European countries too.

The main complaint we hear about the buffets on Celebrity ships is not about the food itself, but rather about the unsanitary way much of it is served; people helping themselves and then tossing the serving utensils back into the pan right on top of the food.

We prefer to eat the foods there that are served to passengers by someone behind the counter, or where holders are provided for the serving utensils.

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like it's pretty much the same so everyone should be happy.

I do want to add that I also have an issue with serving utensils been placed on top of food. That is extremely unsanitary and I cannot believe they do not have a place for the utensils after they are handled.... Gross

We were on the Infinity last fall. The buffet is fine. The only problem we've ever had is with the occasional passenger who believes they are on the only one on the boat.

One night they served excellent barbeque ribs.

Enjoy!

We have no complaints about the food in the buffet on th M class ships but some of us seriously dislike the layout.

Unlike the S class ships which have serving islands, for lack of a better description, that allow access from 2-4 sides the buffet on the M class ship is two long areas. You can't cut thru from one side to the other or even see what is on the other side without walking all the way around.

The layout causes lines to form.

We have no complaints about the food in the buffet on th M class ships but some of us seriously dislike the layout.

Unlike the S class ships which have serving islands, for lack of a better description, that allow access from 2-4 sides the buffet on the M class ship is two long areas. You can't cut thru from one side to the other or even see what is on the other side without walking all the way around.

The layout causes lines to form.

Totally agree jelayne. We were on the Infinity for the first time in May, and much prefer the S class buffet for the layout.

We will be back on the Infinity in Nov., but will be use to the layout this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Totally agree jelayne. We were on the Infinity for the first time in May, and much prefer the S class buffet for the layout.

We will be back on the Infinity in Nov., but will be use to the layout this time.

The only celebrity ship I have ever been on is the century right before it was retired.

6 of us traveled on Infinity last year - 14 day Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Buffet was good. And nice view from window, even saw whales. MDR was terrible. Ate at Qsine twice - very good and very fun.

We are thinking of trying Qsine. Was it hard to get a reservation?

Remember, there is quantity and quality. I found the Celebrity buffet's tend to have the quantity. Pizza, yes, its there, Mexican, yup, sandwiches, check. That isn't the problem. McDonalds has lots of choices, but I'm not sure I would call it gourmet meal. Its quality that I think has suffered. Food over the years has gone from what you get in a 4 star restaurant to what you get in a cafeteria. Its all still there, but I think most people can see the difference. I think breakfast holds out the best, but as you move to lunch and dinner, it becomes apparent of the problem.

Remember, there is quantity and quality. I found the Celebrity buffet's tend to have the quantity. Pizza, yes, its there, Mexican, yup, sandwiches, check. That isn't the problem. McDonalds has lots of choices, but I'm not sure I would call it gourmet meal. Its quality that I think has suffered. Food over the years has gone from what you get in a 4 star restaurant to what you get in a cafeteria. Its all still there, but I think most people can see the difference. I think breakfast holds out the best, but as you move to lunch and dinner, it becomes apparent of the problem.

I agree about the quantity versus quality. The latter has declined through the years, so while it is still decent it will be somewhat of a step down from the Century. One thing I also noticed is that there is less variety. You often see the same stuff over and over instead of new options daily, which you are more likely to see on S class. One noticeable place for that comment is the sandwich bar at the aft of the buffet. Used to be lots of options to choose from, and many varieties of breads/buns. Significantly reduced to a couple of mystery meats, some mayonnaise filled 'salads' (egg, tuna) and a few bread options. I also found on my last cruise that they consistently had one large section of the buffet with Asian/Indian type food. Rarely saw anyone eating it which is really my main complaint, and was disappointed to see it day after day. Give me some variety. I know everyone's tastes are different but again, that section of the buffet was consistently sparsely attended. Oh well, first world problems for sure....