Signature Event Dubrovnik

radiationman

DUBROVNIK: S p e c t a c u l a r V i e w, W i n e Ta s t i n g & Folklore Show at Park Orsula Park Orsula is the stunning setting for your evening of Croatian wines, appetizers, and exclusive folklore entertainment.

Has anyone attended this event? If so any comment on the hours specifically what time does it leave? Is it lightfair appetizers should one eat dinner before going or would this be considered dinner?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I just completed this increcible cruise. The Dubrovnik Signature Event was fantastic. The busses leave close to the pier and WS tells you the time. You go to the top of this lovely hill with increcible views of the Adratic and the Wind Surf below. Everything is set up when you arrive lovely bar with various local wines, tables of very delicious specialty cheeses and local nibbles. Very generous. You take a short walk to the amphitheatre and for about 30-45 minutes you are entertained with Croation folk music and dance. You are bussed back to the pier and two tenders are waiting for you to take you back to the ship for dinner. Beautiful red sunset, a lovely event. It is a great cruise on every level. Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
I just completed this increcible cruise. The Dubrovnik Signature Event was fantastic. The busses leave close to the pier and WS tells you the time. You go to the top of this lovely hill with increcible views of the Adratic and the Wind Surf below. Everything is set up when you arrive lovely bar with various local wines, tables of very delicious specialty cheeses and local nibbles. Very generous. You take a short walk to the amphitheatre and for about 30-45 minutes you are entertained with Croation folk music and dance. You are bussed back to the pier and two tenders are waiting for you to take you back to the ship for dinner. Beautiful red sunset, a lovely event. It is a great cruise on every level. Have fun.

Good words. Make me want to go on this cruise.

I thought this was a great cruise. It probably helped that every night we had spectacular red sunsets and during the day perfect traveling weather 70-75. The red skies coming out of Venice were feast for the eyes ( my prejudice I am passionate for Venice). Beautiful scenery, markets, calm seas. Kotor, the sail in and out spectacular. We loved the special event in Dubrovnik, you were back in plenty of time for dinner, the only place we did not love was Dubrovnik itself, too many tourists very crowded that day. We have been on 20 cruises with WS this was about as perfect as one could have. Enjoy, happy sailing.

I am sailing on this cruise August 6th celebrating a major birthday! I am taking my sister who is celebrating her retirement. I was wondering if you did the ships excursions, or did you do them on your own. I know it will be crowded, and we are spending 3 days prior in Venice so any suggestions will be helpful. :)

I am not a tour person. Let me start there. I have unusual interests, am gratefully well traveled so generally I get my own guide.

Venice first, I am passionate for this city and at the same time it makes me sad because people do not venture much beyonf St. Marks, the Rialito, Burano, Murano. In August it will be mobbed. My suggestion go to St. Marks very early or very late with a timed ticket, go to the Rialto market at 6 am. Forget Murano/Burano. Go to Torcello the first island of Venice and the first church with incredible mosiacs and an amazing statuary. Get lost in the city. The most amazing art is in the churches where is was meant to be. I have never takeb a gondola ride but I have rented a boat and driver at 10 pm to go through the small canals on a clear night. The city is small, get lost in it. I wrote a long pasage on Venice on CC which you can find under my name. San Basilio vaparotto stop easy to get to, the terminal is there, one small bridge to navigate over. Very pretty actually. Take the # 2 Vaporatto. Try not to stay at all near St Marks plaza, seriously over the top crazy.

In Rovinj i had a guide and driver Anna and found her on Tours by Locals we went to Bale which is a beautiful untouched medieval town with amazing ancient frescos, we went to a medieval tower and seriously the best tasting I have every been to and I have been to a lot, It was an organic farm, this was yogurt and cheese. Spectacular. The cheeses and yogurts were sublime. As a matter if fact they are developing a cheese for a Michelin 3 star chef. She gave us a walking tour of Rovinj as well. Great.

Dubrovnik was too over the top touristy for me but we did the WS event which we loved. I would have stayed on the boat and swam if it was warm enough. Great market in Split. Too cold to swim to go to that very unusual beach. Kotor beautiful we were up at 6 going in the fiord, glorious, the sail out with a red sunset glorious. We to the market with the chef, great.

Sicily, another place I adore. I had a driver, Taromania was closed down due to the G7, our driver took us to Catania, loved it. We have spent a lot of time in Sicily and like Venice we love it. August it will be very hotvand very crowded. Our driver came from Sicily Tours terrific organization. Amalfi we took the WS exvursion boat trip to Positano terrific. The night we were in Sicily that was our Candles night glorious we had the sunset over the Aeolians and we sailed very close to Stromboli it was magnificent. Have fun, it is a great cruise, be prepared for the heat and crowds. We went in May the only crowds were in Dubrivnik and the mentioned places in Venice. Enjoy and Happy Sailing.

I am sailing on this cruise August 6th celebrating a major birthday! I am taking my sister who is celebrating her retirement. I was wondering if you did the ships excursions, or did you do them on your own. I know it will be crowded, and we are spending 3 days prior in Venice so any suggestions will be helpful. :)

Usually do not do any ship excursions. On this Cruise will be doing the included signature event.we did book The Excursion to Mljet on Korcula

Half day in Venice before the cruise and two days after

We are on the July 29th Cruise

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We did not do many ships excursions, as it is easy to walk around most ports and explore on your own if you choose. We also loved the Dubrovnik signature event. We did do a tour to Pompeii from Amalfi which was very good. (that was a diversion from Capri, so I am not sure if the cruise goes there regularly now)

I also recommend the market tour with the chef in Kotor. This was very interesting and we got to sample lots of cheeses, olives and meats which he was purchasing. The tour is free, you just have to sign up for it. Only about ten of us went, so it is quite intimate.

We walked the walls in Dubrovnik which offered lovely views. It was quite crowded however even in October.