Costa magica -water?

jimphil

Decide for yourself, taken from Costa UK Website, , various sections from the Useful Information document:

Luggage:

It is also prohibited to carry food and drink on board in your hand baggage or cabin luggage.

Tour Bonus:

We remind you that it is prohibited to carry food and drink on board in hand luggage or to your cabin.

Link:

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/Before_you_go/general/Documents/info_utili_GB_2016.pdf

We have always taken water for the wife ( 500mle) & Orange juice for me on board every Costa cruise providing it has been opened and partly drunk, normally carried in our hands.

Water is also available in the buffet, but they will stop you filling bottles if seen.

But as pointed out above they can stop you if over the top.

Thanks Tenpin, any other tips, only been on Costa once before but about 30 cruises on other cruise lines.

Hi, The Brindiamo drinks package is good value if you like more than six drinks a day, Coffees, beers, wine, plus water by the glass at anytime.

! ltr water is 2.75 plus 15%, the water package is 13 bottles at roughly at 2.75 including the dreaded 15%.

If you have a water cooler bottle fill it up while ashore before return to ship, never been stopped.

Tours are rarely in English only you may join up with at least one other language if going at all, (depending on English speakers on board)

Do go to any English meetings there are, best way of at least seeing others. Decks 3/4/ & mainly 5/6 the entertainment decks with five being the walk through deck. Main ballroom is there ( Grand Bar Salento) but best bar for English is the wine bar aft usually a piano with mostly ballads.(Starboard)

We are in 1057, (at the moment,) if you need any other info please ask.

We rarely go ashore now as I can't walk far, but there is very little going on during time in port,

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so for your sake. We are experienced cruisers with about 8 cruises under the belt with a range of cruise lines. The Costa Magica was the first ship where I was unable to drink the water out of the cabin tap.

Having said that, we bought a bottled water package and that was good. The prices for extra purchases on the Costa Magica were very reasonable. I cross checked prices for sun block and perfume on both a subsequent Royal Caribbean cruise and the duty free at a couple of airports. I wish I had bought my items from Costa!

Although water from the cabins taps is drinkable it is not a good taste I thought. Been on Magica 4 times going again shortly and with drinks package we had enough water using our own water bottle, but to be honest if you drink a lot 35 Euros for 13 bottles is not a bad price.