Free Shuttle from Port Klang

onthebalcony

I understand there is a free shuttle from Port Klang to closer town/market than Kuala Lumpur. Is this shuttle still available and what is the town we will visit?? How far to Kuala Lumpur from this town? I understand it is an hour ride from the port to KL on a good day!

Anne

We were on the Journey at Port Klang last November. I don't remember a free shuttle to a nearby town. The port was very industrial, as I recall, and I think there was a shuttle to the port gate where taxis were waiting. The trip to Kuala Lumpur, at least in my memory was closer to an hour and a half each way. We took an excursion to KL, so I didn't pay close attention to more local options. Hope someone else will chime in. Have a great cruise!

The port is 1-2 hours (depends on traffic) from KL. I took the "KL on your own" tour (< $50). It drops you off at the LARGE mall and I took a taxi to the Central market. We had about 4 hours. Not really enough time to shop and visit the towers, but the Petronas towers were closed on Monday so we could not visit anyway. Wished the tour was longer, but traffic is a concern. For a couple, a private tour might be cost effective. I can't remember the name of the mall, but it was huge and taxi dropped me off at a different location from where I was picked up. I have a good directional sense and had no problem, but some might.