Any idea where the M/S Celebrity Eclipse will sail from April 2019

gerelmx

There are several possibilities but no one will know for sure until the new itineraries come out in November or December

1. It's a little early to start for Alaska

2. Could be a Hawaii round trip

3. could be a Pacific Coastal sequence

4. Coast be Mexico

Others?

There are several possibilities but no one will know for sure until the new itineraries come out in November or December

1. It's a little early to start for Alaska

2. Could be a Hawaii round trip

3. could be a Pacific Coastal sequence

4. Coast be Mexico

Others?

Could be Panana Canal. I'm interested to see what new itineraries will be unveiled. :)

The Solstice class ships can now fit through the canal due to the expansion. It should be interesting to see where she's headed!

Solstice class ships cannot pass through the new, larger locks, something to do with the bridge overhang. That's why Eclipse is going around the Horn to get to the west coast.

My guess is that it will Sail West coast to Alaska and back to Argentina without using the canal. I think Infinity will do something else???

Edited by Quo Vadis?

Solstice class ships cannot pass through the new, larger locks, something to do with the bridge overhang. That's why Eclipse is going around the Horn to get to the west coast.

My guess is that it will Sail West coast to Alaska and back to Argentina without using the canal. I think Infinity will do something else???

Wow, did not know that. Thanks for the info Quo Vadis . Guess that means X will need to hang on to some M Class ships.

If I were a betting man (and I am) I would think that since Pacific Coastal is a good revenue generating route that Eclipse will take that over and they'll retire(sell) one of the M class ships late 2018/early 2019

If I were a betting man (and I am) I would think that since Pacific Coastal is a good revenue generating route that Eclipse will take that over and they'll retire(sell) one of the M class ships late 2018/early 2019

I fear as well that the M Class will be sold off but a ship is need for Panama Canal transits and South America.

I believe Edge will take over from Eclipse in Europe, Eclipse for Alaska, West Coast and South America and Infinity.. :')

According to the port of Gibraltar:-

Wed 22 May 19, 12:00CELEBRITY ECLIPSE

If it is correct, it looks like she will be somewhere in Europe!

So she has 44 days to return from San Diego to Gibraltar. The bet is to return to Chile and then cross the Strait of Magellan and a Transatlantic to Europe.

I asked one of the S class staff captains about this last night. He knew of no reason an S class ship could not transit the new canal. He did have an issue that they no longer use the mules to position the ships in the lock. They now have tug boats in the lock with the ship. They do a bad job of positioning the ship and many scrape the side going up/down.

There has been talk in the past that while most [all?] cruise ships will fit in the new locks, there is a still a low bridge near the Pacific side. But apparently any ship that can get into Vancouver and also fit under that Panama bridge -- and Solstice was modified with a telescoping mast to make that possible.

I asked one of the S class staff captains about this last night. He knew of no reason an S class ship could not transit the new canal. He did have an issue that they no longer use the mules to position the ships in the lock. They now have tug boats in the lock with the ship. They do a bad job of positioning the ship and many scrape the side going up/down.

Thanks for this information.

I think that my bet was wrong.

I find that Celebrity Eclipse will be at Grand Cayman on April 17, 2019

https://www.caymanport.com/ship-schedules-calendar/

Maybe she will cross Panama Canal .

That would be impossible to do. She would not embark San Diego until late on the 8th and would need to get down the coasts of Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica and Panama, through the Canal to Miami or FLL, (which would take a minimum of 10 days with NO stops) have a turnaround day there and then 2 days to Cayman.

Ain't enough days.

That would be impossible to do. She would not embark San Diego until late on the 8th and would need to get down the coasts of Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica and Panama, through the Canal to Miami or FLL, (which would take a minimum of 10 days with NO stops) have a turnaround day there and then 2 days to Cayman.

Ain't enough days.

Could it be possible if the stop at Grand Cayman is before arriving in Miami?

I think that my bet was wrong.

I find that Celebrity Eclipse will be at Grand Cayman on April 17, 2019

https://www.caymanport.com/ship-schedules-calendar/

Maybe she will cross Panama Canal .

From past experience, until the itineraries are officially released, I wouldn't read too much into what the port websites say. Usually Celebrity uses the ship name as a placeholder. For example, I remember last year it said that the Solstice was in Europe on one port website, and that the Solstice was in Alaska two days later on another official port website. Usually Celebrity just gives a name of a ship to reserve the berth. That being said, if I were to bet, there would be a Solstice class ship at those ports on those days.... I just wouldn't bet that they're both the Eclipse (I would probably bet that neither of them would be the Eclipse, but some other S-class ship).