Heartfelt Plea to CEO from Loyal Celebrity Cruiser

Luvcrusn

My husband and I thoroughly enjoy sailing on Celebrity. It is our line of choice, and we have recommended Celebrity to many friends and acquaintances who now feel the same. Please pay attention to the disastrous rollout of the new Celebrity website. It has become impossible to efficiently shop for new cruises for several months. It is slow. It doesn't give the complete itineraries at a glance. It doesn't maintain search information so that you can look at a cruise and then go back to the original search results, but instead makes you start over repeatedly. It gives inaccurate information. It is cumbersome and slow to accomplish even simple things that the old site, although flawed, made easy. On line check in is problematic. Updating profile information is error ridden. Even logging in is sometimes impossible, or takes multiple tries. It continually locks us out of our reservations. It has made a simple call to Captains Club a trial because since its inception the call volume has increased exponentially. Wait times, which never happened prior to the rollout, now often are in excess of 15 minutes. Things like booking shore excursions, dining, and new bookings, as well as service on existing bookings that could previously be accomplished with a website visit, now require calls to Captains Club. The website drives your business. Although the picture of you on Instagram visiting the Edge build site was nice, and necessary, please pay attention to the website problems. If you want to fill your lovely ships with passengers your website needs to function properly. This new one, although beautiful does not do the function that passengers need.

My husband and I thoroughly enjoy sailing on Celebrity. It is our line of choice, and we have recommended Celebrity to many friends and acquaintances who now feel the same. Please pay attention to the disastrous rollout of the new Celebrity website. It has become impossible to efficiently shop for new cruises for several months. It is slow. It doesn't give the complete itineraries at a glance. It doesn't maintain search information so that you can look at a cruise and then go back to the original search results, but instead makes you start over repeatedly. It gives inaccurate information. It is cumbersome and slow to accomplish even simple things that the old site, although flawed, made easy. On line check in is problematic. Updating profile information is error ridden. Even logging in is sometimes impossible, or takes multiple tries. It continually locks us out of our reservations. It has made a simple call to Captains Club a trial because since its inception the call volume has increased exponentially. Wait times, which never happened prior to the rollout, now often are in excess of 15 minutes. Things like booking shore excursions, dining, and new bookings, as well as service on existing bookings that could previously be accomplished with a website visit, now require calls to Captains Club. The website drives your business. Although the picture of you on Instagram visiting the Edge build site was nice, and necessary, please pay attention to the website problems. If you want to fill your lovely ships with passengers your website needs to function properly. This new one, although beautiful does not do the function that passengers need.

Agree!!! I am having difficulty now accessing my reservations.

Well, glad, I guess, that it isn't just me! Returning to Celebrity after years and I have found the website to be poorly designed and often totally disfunctional! Luvcrusn, I hope your message gets through.

LLP only cares about the bottom line and shareholders. Appealing to her is useless.

Afraid that you are correct..My guess is that she recognizes that a strong, user friendly website will help her to achieve goals.

Edited by Orator

The bottom line is the inadequacy of the website is losing the company a lot of money.

And they don't even know it, because the revenue is pouring in from inexperienced cruisers way overspending for fares/extras/etc.

I'm new to Celebrity. Most of my experience is with Disney who I believed to have possibly the worst IT department and web site developers. It turned out I was wrong because Celebrity has a site that I swear missed any sort of user interface training, is not tweaked when needed and does seem to make booking things almost impossible most of the time. I'm looking forward to my cruise, but I don't dare book anything.

It doesn't give the complete itineraries at a glance.

And when you hit the "map" button to show the itinerary, it still doesn't show it immediately. You have to wait through an animated graphic with a line running from port to port.

It doesn't maintain search information so that you can look at a cruise and then go back to the original search results...

Actually I think it does do that. I just tried it, and when I hit the "back" button I got a screen that had my selection criteria at the top, and it said "8 results" but it didn't initially show those results. However, I hit refresh and it came up. Maybe it was just an isolated instance of my problem, but if not, they should clearly fix it.

I totally agree! I've completed my online check-in for our August 23rd sailing on the Silhouette but cannot print it out. I really hope something is resolved before we leave, otherwise the check-in process in Amsterdam will be a mess.

I totally agree! I've completed my online check-in for our August 23rd sailing on the Silhouette but cannot print it out. I really hope something is resolved before we leave, otherwise the check-in process in Amsterdam will be a mess.

I had to switch internet browsers. I had to use Internet Explorer to fill out on-line check in and then go out of there and go into Chrome to print out my Express Pass. You cannot make this stuff up.

Sorry but the Fact IS with the share price at an all time high of $116, there's no need to appeal to a few regulars on CC. :')

I cannot even access info on my iPad. I click but nothing happens.

The share price will likely not remain high with a non-functioning website. Consumers rely on websites for info on a company's products and services. I am interested in researching another cruise and have given up. I am being forced to give up on Celebrity after all our cruises and to search elsewhere.

Sorry but the Fact IS with the share price at an all time high of $116, there's no need to appeal to a few regulars on CC. :')

Celebrity Cruises does not have a public listing.

However the parent company, Royal is doing very well.

Perhaps you could determine whether Celebrity's revenue per passenger or per berth is higher or lower than Royal's or what proportion of that high valuation is provided by Celebrity?... just curious.

This is just a suggestion. Maybe this could be a more productive thread if those posting to it listed the difficulties they are experiencing on the website. Maybe if multiple users list the problems they have the list would be more likely to be addressed. It may not, but there are already multiple threads where cruise critic members argue their points, but none that I've found so far that list the difficulties,inaccuracies and omissions without criticizing either the CEO or each other. I offer this as a suggestion only and would not take it upon myself to tell others what they should do. I've not been able to find a thread so far with the approach I've suggested. :)

OK, I have six bookings with Celebrity; two are paid in full. If I log in to the website none of my bookings are listed. The screen informs me I have no reservations. If I manually put the reservation information in I will be able to access the booking, but only that once. Next time I log in to the website we're back to "You have no reservations." That is the specific problem I have with the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is just a suggestion. Maybe this could be a more productive thread if those posting to it listed the difficulties they are experiencing on the website. Maybe if multiple users list the problems they have the list would be more likely to be addressed. It may not, but there are already multiple threads where cruise critic members argue their points, but none that I've found so far that list the difficulties,inaccuracies and omissions without criticizing either the CEO or each other. I offer this as a suggestion only and would not take it upon myself to tell others what they should do. I've not been able to find a thread so far with the approach I've suggested. :)

I suggest the CEO go on the website and try searching for a cruise herself. If she uses an iPad she won't be able to get off the home page. Or she can have an assistant try it and give her a detailed report. With all due respect, it's not my/our job to do the work for her. I'm sure her IT consultants are getting big bucks for revamping this non-functional website.

I suggest the CEO go on the website and try searching for a cruise herself. If she uses an iPad she won't be able to get off the home page. Or she can have an assistant try it and give her a detailed report. With all due respect, it's not my/our job to do the work for her. I'm sure her IT consultants are getting big bucks for revamping this non-functional website.

As I said it's a suggestion. Take it or leave it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I've not been able to find a thread so far with the approach I've suggested. :)

Not meaning to contradict, but there have been previous threads with posts that listed the difficulties on the website. If I recall correctly, someone on here was asked to relay to X specific problems that pax were stating as issues (sorry, I can't recall exactly if it was when they announced the pilot Ambassador programme (whatever happened to that?) or the new IT partnership quite some time ago :confused:). Unfortunately, nothing materialised and the old website was never adjusted accordingly - it was a few years ago and I do realise you're referring to the new updated :rolleyes: version.

It may be worth another try, but don't be surprised if it results in the same ending.

I will see if I can find the old thread.

I agree. If folks just listed their issues, without listing the number of their cruises or what Ms. Lutoff-Perlo cares or doesn't care about, I think this thread would be more productive and give a lot of insight to Celebrity as to what the issues are to their customers.

Actually this is an excellent suggestion. I would take it one step further. Have someone who does not work for Celebrity and is not familiar with the website do the research while the assistant and/or the CEO observe (and no coaching). Why? Because I would be willing to bet that anyone who works for ~X~ would know exactly where to go for information so they wouldn't have to dig around the site to find stuff.

Anytime I have road tested a new website for an organization, that is how I did it. You want an average visitor to try and navigate, not someone who was most likely involved in the development.

Not meaning to contradict, but there have been previous threads with posts that listed the difficulties on the website. If I recall correctly, someone on here was asked to relay to X specific problems that pax were stating as issues (sorry, I can't recall exactly if it was when they announced the pilot Ambassador programme (whatever happened to that?) or the new IT partnership quite some time ago :confused:). Unfortunately, nothing materialised and the old website was never adjusted accordingly - it was a few years ago and I do realise you're referring to the new updated :rolleyes: version.

It may be worth another try, but don't be surprised if it results in the same ending.

I will see if I can find the old thread.

If it's pertaining to the old website it wouldn't be relevant here but if it's pertaining to the new one perhaps the two could be joined

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app