Permanent makeup

robthens

Owie.

My sister had her eyes done and is happy with the results, it is light and natural, she said it was so painful she would never do it again.

I know some other people who have had it done and are happy with the results. Some have said it really hurt, some say it was no big deal.

I'm not planning on it any time soon (make that....never :p ), I just hate the thought of needles going into my skin in such a sensitive area, both eyes and lips. Then, to think it's really not permanent, it does start to fade and you need touchups periodically.

I think if you wear makeup all the time, it's not such a bad idea for those who can stand the pain, but if you go without makeup (more so the lips than the eyes) it's really obvious and looks odd with a bare face. Of course, I was never a fan of lip liner being darker than lipstick.

Like any other cosmetic procedure, it's something that needs to be investigated to make sure the operator really knows what they are doing.

Ok I'm a guy, but still have an opinion.

How often do makeup styles change, what if the makeup from the 60s or 80s was permanent:eek:.

Boy am I glad I don't have to wear makeup:D.

MAC

Permanent makeup is just eyeliner and lipliner :)

Permanent makeup is just eyeliner and lipliner :)

Here (in Holland) they also do full lip color (painfull!), eyebrows, and fading liners (so eyeliner wich looks a bit like eyeshadow),

So if you want, you can have a full make up face,

I wouldn't do that, sometimes a natural face looks just as good :rolleyes:

Basically it's a tattoo. It's permanent unless you want to ungergo laser surgery to remove it later. It will not look the same in say 10 yrs from now because they eventually fade. If you know someone with a tatoo thats 10 years old they'll tell you that it looked better when they first got it. So think twice before you leap. You can cover up a tatoo on most parts of the body, it's kinda hard to partially cover your face. :eek:

I know a lady who had it done several years ago - eyes & eyebrows.

Her face has changed dramatically as she has aged (as all of our faces will). So now the liner & brows just look weird. Kind of like Joan Crawford with the freaky looks she had - very unnatural.

My eyebrows are really patchy, but I'd rather spend 2 minutes a day doing them myself than be stuck with a look that I hate for all of eternity.

Why would you do something that may look entirely different 20 years from now? Your lips will be lined, your upper eyelids will sag and be crepe-y--what ever you have done now, will look totally different in years to come! You will totally be dating yourself--you won't be able to change your make-up to suit your age. ARE YOU NUTS???????? Take 15 minutes and apply your make-up daily!!!! That way, you can look your best, no matter what your age!

I'm too chicken! :D Not to mention if I want to change my 'look' it might be a little difficult. I would be afraid of my aging changing the way the permanent makeup looked with all the sagging and line formation that could happen. I'm hoping it won't, but still.... ;)

• 2 years later...
Actually, a full lip sounds better than just a lip line, if it's done in a neutral color. I wouldn't want to spend my life with just one lip color, though.

You can still use lipstick (or eye liner) over the permanent makeup.

I am considering getting a natural looking "daytime boast" for my eyes. Evenings and more formal wear always require a bolder look which you can easily add.

After you have the procedure done the colours will look a lot darker than they will look a week later once healing has taken place.

I had my eyeliner tattooed, very fine line, black, on my upper eyelids. Just over the natural eyelashes. Very permanent, very subtle, and I love it. I'm 60 years old.

Yes, it hurt! But I can shed tears without looking like a raccoon.:rolleyes:

I had my eyeliner tattooed, very fine line, black, on my upper eyelids. Just over the natural eyelashes. Very permanent, very subtle, and I love it. I'm 60 years old.

Yes, it hurt! But I can shed tears without looking like a raccoon.

Ah, exactly how much did it hurt?

Wow, burm, you had to go back a long way to resurrect this thread!

I still think a full lip would look better than a lip line. As long as it fades at the same rate, at least you wouldn't have that horrid lip line look. I never have cared for lip line a different color than lipstick, you still see it occasionally: brown lip line, beige lipstick.

Three years later, no thanks to tatoos anywhere.

I still think a full lip would look better than a lip line. As long as it fades at the same rate, at least you wouldn't have that horrid lip line look. I never have cared for lip line a different color than lipstick, you still see it occasionally: brown lip line, beige lipstick.

Three years later, no thanks to tatoos anywhere.

A CC friend referred me to this thread when I asked if she knew anyone who had permanent makeup done. I had not thought of looking to CC for advice on this topic!

I would never have a permanent lip liner done. You would be condemned to using lipstick every waking hour of your life. That would really defeat the purpose of permanent makeup.

In fact, I don't think I would even want the full lips done. It is easier to achieve a natural look with the eyes than with the mouth.

A little line around the eyes would give back what nature has taken away over the years. :p When I put on a little eyeliner, at least 10 years drop immediately off my face.

A CC friend referred me to this thread when I asked if she knew anyone who had permanent makeup done. I had not thought of looking to CC for advice on this topic!

Prudent use of the Search function, and people should realize it is their friend.:);)

I work with a lady who recently confided she had permanent eyeliner and eyebrows done some years ago. It looks very nice and not obvious or overdone. Honestly, I would not have known the difference from everyday makeup, except it always looks precise, whereas my own may smudge. So, in my opinion, it may be an option for some women.

I work with a lady who recently confided she had permanent eyeliner and eyebrows done some years ago. It looks very nice and not obvious or overdone. Honestly, I would not have known the difference from everyday makeup, except it always looks precise, whereas my own may smudge. So, in my opinion, it may be an option for some women.

Thank you, it is nice to hear some positive comments. I am now considering having just the upper eyelid done with a thin charcoal line. Just a minor enhancement.

Eyebrows would be great if they turned out well but if they made a mistake or did them too dark....:eek:

Colette, I just knew who would be the best person to ask for Fashion and Beauty advice. :D

If only it worked, most of the time when I bother using it I don't get good results.

I know what you mean because many threads will come up that have NOTHING to do with the query but it's worth giving it a shot and it's a place to start. Beats scrolling through pages and pages.;)

Some people never take the time to try the search or even just skim down a page, fire off their question when the same or similar is a few threads down. I see it all the time on another board where the topic is 2 threads down. Sometimes people get tired of answering the same thing over and over when the answer is already there in plain sight.

I have done the permanent eyeliner as well. I LOVE it! As one of those "light eyelashed , disappearing eyes, hate to leave the house without eyeliner" people, it was one of the best decisions I've made. I just turned 40 and have been putting eyeliner on since I was 15 years old and have had no luck with non smudging eyeliner. I did upper eyelid and light on the lower eyelid...it looks very natural and I find that I can go out at anytime without makeup which saves me ALOT of time (as a busy mom of 3 kids)! The lady I went to made sure that I did not suffer much pain with use of local numbing cream. It was a little painful the next day and also when I went back for the touch up but again, worth it! Good luck if you try it!