Moorea: Touring via car, any activities pre-bookings required

curry767

I have been reading the forums about suggested activities to do whilst driving yourself around Moorea.

What I haven't read is whether some of these activities require a booking in advance.

I'm hoping to come up with a plan of action whilst crusing down from Honoulu, but I just want to make sure if anything needs a booking before I leave home. I've already got enough planning to do and I'm hoping to reduce the current workload :)

When I rent a car on MOOREA I head to the agricultural school, Belvedere, the fruit juice factory, Temae beach, the vanilla farm, lunch at the awesome Snack Mahana and just drive around the island. No need to do anything in advance. Don't go to lunch until around 1:30-2 or without a reservation it's difficult to get in. Also on the road to the juice factory check out Emieo jewelry. Very different than the usual pearl shops.

I agree with twin that with a car there's very little you have to do in advance. I'll second Snack Mahana, unless you want to have lunch by the beach at Les Tipaniers (a small hotel with a nice beach restaurant) or one of the other large hotels of course.

The only reason to book something in advance would be if you wanted to do an excursion, like dolphin watching or stingray feeding/snorkelling activities. But then you don't need a car for that, the operators will usually pick you up.

By all means include the Belvedere, the views are spectacular.

Will your ship be anchored at Moorea, or are you taking the ferry across from Papeete?