Car Park in Papette next to cruise ship

dmccue

So I have decided to get a car hire in Papette for the day and as we are arriving on a Sunday the town office will be closed by the time I am ready to collect the car so I will have to get a taxi to the airport to collect it.

My question is if I drive back to the cruise terminal to pickup my friends is there somewhere to park next to the terminal so I can go back on board to collect them?

I haven't been there yet, but have been snooping around. It looks like the cruise ships dock fairly close to the main street that runs along the water in Papeete. If that's the case, I would think you wouldn't have a problem parking nearby. You might want to look on Google Earth to get a preview of the area. Papeete doesn't look to be a huge place, so I'm thinking it may be easier to do what you're asking about. I'm also thinking of renting a car for a day, but I don't think we get there on a Sunday, so I may have more options.

Is it possible for all your friends to be ready to take the taxi with you to the airport or do you rent a van for a group? Would the rental company be willing to deliver the car to the port?

There is a parking lot at the port but google maps doesn't show whether it is accessible as a public parking lot. I was there but did not pay attention.

Yeah I was thinking that but my wife is in a wheelchair so I wanted to reduce the number of in/out of cars etc. so I thought I would leg it to the airport in a cab and come back and get them. Unfortunatley we are there on Sunday so the Avis town office closes just as we arrive.